KBD and Dragon Med made F2P?

Hagge

Give them dragon med then they'll ask why they can't have more dragon items.

I would support the idea if and only if the members only items where replaced with coins of there high alch value.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Truthfully I don't like the idea of bringing the King Black Dragon or the Dragon Med to F2P.

I would rather them create a brand new boss for F2P then bring a former P2P boss to F2P.

F2P should have a brand new boss that requires a team to take down with new loot (not just Melee but Ranged and Magic aswell).

So No for KBD in F2P but yes for a brand new Boss for F2P :thumbsup:

Could have a kind of Daggonoth mother type boss where you have to use certain attack styles at certain times.

Zerker_jane.png

To be honest i think F2P should get a few more things but only for the people who go from p2p to f2p. This including things like ( putting on members armour but having no stats just for show, and putting back on skill capes).

But for this no. If yuo give f2p KBD they will insist on Antifire potions to help. This will lead to them getting herblore. Then this will lead to member spots to get herbs.

Also if they get a Dragon Medium Helm They will insist it "Doesn't Match" any rune armour. I'm sorry but i think f2p should just be happy they arn't required to pay period.

Causing_Fear.png

110225183300.png

"I was born an American; I will live an American; I shall die an American."Daniel Webster

I must say, I don't mind this idea. But I would like a few conditions.

We can make the lowest level potions F2P to use. Just like strenght potion. This would give (and that is nice) low potions an actual price. Not immediate losses.

With these low level pots (att/str/def/antipoison) they can kill the KBD with a team.

For F2P it will be hardly worth it to kill this dragon, since it well.. shreds through any group of F2P'ers. In P2P, we can solo this big guy, in F2P it will require 4 people at minimum to kill it. It won't give them big profits. You can give it an F2P loot table, nothing to fancy. Just like any mob has an F2P and P2P loottable.

The dragonmed should be F2P. I hardly see anyone walking around with a draogn med. Actually the dragon med was my first dragon drop and I didn't even feel proud of it. It is .. 70k *woohoo*. Give it to F2P'ers. They are happy with it, good for them :) It won't make them much if any profit. And P2P'ers can still destroy him for nice profits (solo).

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

Mod MMG only said that to pacify F2P...

If anything, rune boots and under should be made F2P. Make them worth something again.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

I think that the KBD would be a difficult move, because members would have a riot with everything needed to come with it. I think the mole is perfectly reasonable, as it seems pretty adaptable for F2P. F2P should get Energy Potions with this update, as members have no need for them with the Agility update this summer. The reward for hides and claws should be altered to GP, Ores, and Runes.

Also, Attack and Defence potions could be F2P, as pretty much everyone in members uses Supers. Just give the Apothecary in Varrock an option to make those besides Strength potions, and we've walked around the Herblore issue. The Dragon Med helm is currently obsolete, let's face it, and keeping it members is only going to push it further up the "items-to-alch-on-sight" list. Making it F2P would save it, and then we could perhaps give Hellhounds an actual use for free players? And if they absolutely have to have a weapon along with it, I think the Dragon Spear qualifies well as it seems to be in the same position as the D Med.

So really, the mole and the D med wouldn't be near as bad as some people make it out to be. We members just need to realize that once F2P has a boss monster, it'll wake up quite a few people that there's more to be had in members. Also, we need to realize that when they update F2P, they're updating the WHOLE game's look for once.

I'd be up for the Giant Mole in F2P. I am a former member, and I went back to F2P because I just didn't think members was worth it anymore. I am actually enjoying F2P a lot more. It seems people are a lot more friendly and nicer in F2P.

Plus, I need something awesome to do with 5M cash and a level 92 character.

I think it's actually a great thing that the KBD would be so hard in F2p; it actually might be a "true" boss to slay in f2p. Honestly, it doesn't really matter that the drops are mediocre; it would still provide a much needed boss experience to F2p. The Dragon Med Helm addition is uneeded, although it would be a great "rare" drop should that be a requirement to attract people (I think the boss itself would be enough). The Black D'Hide and Dragon Bones could just be subsituted for 5-10 big bones, and the spiders could either be neutered (which have already been done with Reverants) or just removed.

F2p could use a couple boss monsters.

I would not mind seeing the KBD or this Giant Mole thingy as F2P.

Higher level bones might be a welcome addition to F2P, but another solution would be make it drop 2 big bones instead of 1 dragon bones (or something like that). It might also be a good idea to rework the drop table, so the KBD doesn't become something like the hellhound in the volcano - completely useless for anything.

As far as d'hide is concerned, and other P2P only items - limps are dropped by many things, but are pretty much useless in F2P (unless you go to the apothecary, but money is lost and no experience is gained, and time is wasted). If these items became F2P but had no purpose, and could still be dropped, I don't think anyone would complain.

I'd enjoy a challenge, and with the current stats of F2P armour, it would be a challenge.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

It is a good idea to add bosses to f2p, but balancing the f2p combat triangle should be done first. Giving f2p wave spells would help magic and possibly a stronger bow for f2p for range.

KBD - ATM, no it's a bit OP for f2p and the issue with poison

Mole - Yes, just fix the issue with lighting(and the running around)

KQ - No, f2p shouldn't be given p2p areas(sorry guys) and she's too powerful for f2p

My signature got deleted :(

And I lost all the links. Thanks Gandorf61.

Ive been saying the Kbd should be on free for 2 years now. Give f2pers the chance to experience the boss fights available on members, the boss drops available on members (obv not d visage but d med. Some changes would have to be made... ie: giving f2p normal antipoisons, d bone/hide solution.. but I could only see this as a benefit to current p2p'ers.. More subscriptions.. and when we get those d med drops from nechryaels, mutated bloodvelds instead of putting them in the bank forever we could sell them for a couple hundred k

Definately not, As a free game you already get so much. Not to mention the baggage as mentioned earlier.

KBD: Will require Antipoison potion, Prayer Potions and Anti-fire potions to make it a substantial thing for F2P weapons/Armour.

Giant Mole: Will require energy potions, Dragon Dagger Poisoned, Prayer Potions to make it a substantial thing for F2P weapons/Armour.

Kalphite Queen: Will require Antipoison potion, Prayer Potions, Stat increasing potions [Attack/Strength] to make it a substantial thing for F2P weapons/Armour.

The easiest way is to create a new monster for F2P. The other ones have too many flaws and can't be moved to F2P easily, with minimal baggage. If any I'd go for the giant mole, but there would definately have to be some sort of energy solution to combat the running around. It's alright in a location for F2P.

The drops would need to be reworked as nests are untradeable as are the content, instead of nest just noted F2P items with a few "rare" drops here or there.

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]

I'd say make a new boss monster that is part of the Giant family. It could also use 2 or 3 points of the combat triangle, or use protection prayers. And it could also drop 5-20 big bones, in lieu of dragon bones. As for location, I'd put it near goblin village(that place is pretty empty). This way, it also gives lower-levels a chance to look at it, or have something to look forward to.

I've got no qualms on giving F2P these things (except for KQ). But I think the Combat Triangle and Choas Altar needs to be fixed/added first. :wink:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I don't know if I support the existing bosses coming to F2P, but I definitely support F2P getting a boss. I also don't think we really need a D Med, since that would just add to the Melee side of combat. The Mage and (to a lesser degree) Range sides need the help right now.

I am all for giving F2P a boss. and KBD seems like a good choice. Going as far as to give them the dragon Med though seems a bit much. For one thing it will cause it's value to sky rocket, while other similar items like the DDagger hovering near the same place. Perhapes a 100% drop rate of corrupt items?

The Mole is also a good idea, but how will we alter the problems like lightsource, rewards for fur and claws? These are all things to consider

Sarineka.png

~Less QQ, Moar Pew Pew~

I don't know how anyone would have thought to make a seagull launcher out of a shirt and an accordion for Rocking Out though... That just seems too out there

FTP definately doesn't need more armour.

And despite what a J-mod said; FTP is clearly a Demo of PTP. Only someone without a lot of common sense would think differently.

You, sir, are the one who has no common sense.

No... he has a lot of common sense F2p is a demo.... mod mmg said otherwise to make the f2p players stay... think before you judge so subtly

Rainbow_Dude.png

Okay, it's somewhat useless to argue this point, as there are two ways of interpreting it.

Either:

A) MMG was telling the truth.

or

B ) He knew it'd be a bad business practice to state otherwise.

Frankly, I'd think if the KBD was altered slightly, he could be added to F2P, though I disagree with adding the D Med, maybe add a unique helm to his drops that is worse than Dragon, but better than Rune, with a 50 Def req.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

Okay, it's somewhat useless to argue this point, as there are two ways of interpreting it.

Either:

or

Frankly, I'd think if the KBD was altered slightly, he could be added to F2P, though I disagree with adding the D Med, maybe add a unique helm to his drops that is worse than Dragon, but better than Rune, with a 50 Def req.

Does f2p REALLY deserve any of those =/.....

Rainbow_Dude.png

Either:

or

Does P2P truly deserve most of what they get? I mean, it's ONLY $5, right? It is up to Jagex to decide who deserves what, of course. We are here simply to debate ideas.

Either:

or

Does P2P truly deserve most of what they get? I mean, it's ONLY $5, right? It is up to Jagex to decide who deserves what, of course. We are here simply to debate ideas.

Jagex is a business not a charity they would NEVER do something like that and if they did they would see their P2P numbers dropping very fast.... theyre not stupid ya know

Rainbow_Dude.png