KBD and Dragon Med made F2P?

Hagge

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not the point of this thread. :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

GUYS

If you really want to get those things then just pay membership and stop it with this senseless arguments...

Releasing the D Med to F2P and paying membership to have a D Med have two completely different effects. Releasing it to F2P would boost it's price, making it a worthwhile drop. Even if 10000 new members with 60 Def bought dragon med helms tomorrow, it wouldn't really change much.

GUYS

If you really want to get those things then just pay membership and stop it with this senseless arguments...

Releasing the D Med to F2P and paying membership to have a D Med have two completely different effects. Releasing it to F2P would boost it's price, making it a worthwhile drop. Even if 10000 new members with 60 Def bought dragon med helms tomorrow, it wouldn't really change much.

releasing d med would mean releasing the whole 'dragon' set... no thanks

Rainbow_Dude.png

Where was stated that if you release 1 item, all items of that type should be released?! They don't have all the treasure trail items right? (Golden Rune set as an example?)

I hardly ever see someone with a dragon medium helmet anymore. There are hands full of better alternatives for members. Heck, D meds are considered 'noob' items nowadays unless it comes with an entire dragon set.

It is hardly worth it to kill the KBD at this time, only for crimson charms / black d hide / d bones and the odd loot. Heck, a shot at visage perhaps. I got a d med drop once and wasn't even happy with it?! Just another 50k.

Would it be worth it to JUST release the D med to F2P? It would make it worth more for MEMBERS! Actually good for our economy.

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

GUYS

Actually, releasing the helm alone would be alright. Helmets don't look that bad if they don't match, anyway.

I still don't see a very good reason to release them to F2P, though.

GUYS

Actually, releasing the helm alone would be alright. Helmets don't look that bad if they don't match, anyway.

I still don't see a very good reason to release them to F2P, though.

ATM, not a very good time to release them. Better melee defence options means more unbalancing of the F2P triangle. The D Med would just be good for everyone besides noob members, and F2P mages/archers.

Guest jrhairychest

GUYS

This has a lot to do with this debate. Seems to be no F2Pers who want to tackle this point, yet its a perfectly good solution. After all these days you dont need a credit card to pay. Most countries now do pre-pay cards. It doesnt exactly break the bank either. I expect most F2P posters on here have some sort of money per month be it an allowance/part time job etc. but they CHOOSE not to spend it on RS, so I dont see the point of begging for more when youre not prepared to shell out the cash for it. After all very few tolerate in-game beggars who want stuff for free. This is no different.

I can only describe it as bratty behaviour. IMO Jagex has possibly been a little too good to some F2P players by giving an infinite game time and now its become more of an expectation rather than a privilege. Now some may be a little bored and want more. However instead of taking DemonicSushis advice they sit and sulk about what they cant have. I have nothing against F2P and the way it brings in members to the game. I have nothing against F2Pers who decide to stay in F2P for good. I DO have something against F2Pers who arent happy with their lot and think theyre some sort of deserving case because theyve stayed in F2P and think theyre major supporters of the game. You support yourselves, nothing more. I would sooner see all F2Pers as members to keep up game development and keep the game alive.

ATM, not a very good time to release them. Better melee defence options means more unbalancing of the F2P triangle. The D Med would just be good for everyone besides noob members, and F2P mages/archers.

I think I mentioned something about that in my first post of the thread. If melee was weaker, it might be okay. But as things are right now, it would just make the triangle even more of a line.

I'm going to try and remain as calm as possible when replying to this, because you are trying my patience.

[hide=off topic]

Yes that is the point of this thread.....you want stuff that belongs with members at the moment, don't you? You are not happy with the RS game you are getting for free, is that not the case?

I am happy with F2P runescape as it is. If I wasn't happy, I would be playing some other game. I choose to play runescape as a F2Per not because I can't afford P2P, not because I enjoy having whiny members flaming me because I don't pay, not because I want to freeload, but because I enjoy a challenge and I enjoy the effort I've put into my account. It's something you as a member could hardly understand. You all b**** and moan about how expensive construction, summoning are, how slow slayer, runecrafting and mining are. F2P is 10x more difficult than P2P, in the time that it takes and the effort we put into it. When you complain, you somehow feel justified because you're chipping into jagex's pot, making contributions. When we complain, you like to tell us to shut up and pay.

Sometimes the things we ask for are pretty reasonable. For instance, I've been an advocate of improving the combat triangle, because its in a laughable state right now. I want runescape as a whole to be improved, and not in an us versus them kind of fashion. Things that are broken need to be fixed, things that would improve the game as a whole should be implemented.

I'm going to say this again: This thread is not about me, or any other individual F2Per. I would appreciate it if your posts were not directed specifically at me.

[/hide]

It is irrelevant what the KBD drops, he is a members beast and should remain so. If you want what is available to members you become one, you don't go around begging for more because you don't like the 'hand out' you have now, thats like being offered a meal for free and saying yeah I'll have that but I also want a fancy dessert for free too. Grrrrr....... :twisted:

The things that the KBD drops are pathetic. Its not even a challenge anymore for nubs in welfare gear. The amount of effort put in to kill it doesn't justify the reward.

The dragon med helm is worth squat right now. People rarely use it, there's no reason to. It has the exact same status as a rune med helm, just worth 5x in an alch. These two pieces of content are old and outdated.

If Jagex were to release the KBD as a F2P boss, it would get use. If Jagex were to release the dragon med helm as a F2P item, it would skyrocket in value. If the only way to obtain this item in F2P were by killing the KBD, the dragon med helm would be something of a rarity, like god or trimmed armour. Also, dragon med helms would be 10x more easily obtainable in members than F2P, meaning that it would become a better way for mid level members to make money.

Its beneficial to both sides.

The argument that releasing one piece of dragon armour to F2P would require all released is a baseless one. Members still have parts of the dragon set that are missing, one that comes to mind is the dragon kiteshield.

[hide=moar off topic]

I can only describe it as bratty behaviour. IMO Jagex has possibly been a little too good to some F2P players by giving an infinite game time and now its become more of an expectation rather than a privilege. Now some may be a little bored and want more. However instead of taking DemonicSushis advice they sit and sulk about what they cant have. I have nothing against F2P and the way it brings in members to the game. I have nothing against F2Pers who decide to stay in F2P for good. I DO have something against F2Pers who arent happy with their lot and think theyre some sort of deserving case because theyve stayed in F2P and think theyre major supporters of the game. You support yourselves, nothing more. I would sooner see all F2Pers as members to keep up game development and keep the game alive.

While you're entitled to that opinion, it is pretty irrelevant in this thread. If you want to complain about F2Pers, how about you make a rant instead.

[/hide]

♪♪ And I'm not done

Guys, ignore Erewhon and Jrhairychest. They just like trolling all the F2P threads on this board.

About the D Med thing, I agree that releasing it would make D Med drops worthwhile, but right now just isn't the time. After the balance Range and Magic however, this option should be considered.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

GUYS

This has a lot to do with this debate. Seems to be no F2Pers who want to tackle this point, yet its a perfectly good solution. After all these days you dont need a credit card to pay. Most countries now do pre-pay cards. It doesnt exactly break the bank either. I expect most F2P posters on here have some sort of money per month be it an allowance/part time job etc. but they CHOOSE not to spend it on RS, so I dont see the point of begging for more when youre not prepared to shell out the cash for it. After all very few tolerate in-game beggars who want stuff for free. This is no different.

THANK YOU finally someone that understands !!!

Rainbow_Dude.png

I'm going to try and remain as calm as possible when replying to this, because you are trying my patience.

Yes that is the point of this thread.....you want stuff that belongs with members at the moment, don't you? You are not happy with the RS game you are getting for free, is that not the case?

I am happy with F2P runescape as it is. If I wasn't happy, I would be playing some other game. I choose to play runescape as a F2Per not because I can't afford P2P, not because I enjoy having whiny members flaming me because I don't pay, not because I want to freeload, but because I enjoy a challenge and I enjoy the effort I've put into my account. It's something you as a member could hardly understand. You all b**** and moan about how expensive construction, summoning are, how slow slayer, runecrafting and mining are. F2P is 10x more difficult than P2P, in the time that it takes and the effort we put into it. When you complain, you somehow feel justified because you're chipping into jagex's pot, making contributions. When we complain, you like to tell us to shut up and pay.

Sometimes the things we ask for are pretty reasonable. For instance, I've been an advocate of improving the combat triangle, because its in a laughable state right now. I want runescape as a whole to be improved, and not in an us versus them kind of fashion. Things that are broken need to be fixed, things that would improve the game as a whole should be implemented.

I'm going to say this again: This thread is not about me, or any other individual F2Per. I would appreciate it if your posts were not directed specifically at me.

My arguments are directed at all those requesting more on top of their free game, do not assume it's all about you. I am just responding to the points you have raised, I have no idea why my counter arguments would "try your patience" this is a debate, you're making points about giving over members stuff to F2P and I'm arguing against it. And I believe the point was made that we have all been F2P players, so give over with the 'holier than thou' attitude and see the debate for what it is. Oh and by the way.....do you see me complaining about expensive or slow RS is? No. And I reiterate, enjoy what you've got and be grateful, if you don't like it find an alternative or become a member....simple!

The things that the KBD drops are pathetic. Its not even a challenge anymore for nubs in welfare gear. The amount of effort put in to kill it doesn't justify the reward.

The dragon med helm is worth squat right now. People rarely use it, there's no reason to. It has the exact same status as a rune med helm, just worth 5x in an alch. These two pieces of content are old and outdated.

If Jagex were to release the KBD as a F2P boss, it would get use. If Jagex were to release the dragon med helm as a F2P item, it would skyrocket in value. If the only way to obtain this item in F2P were by killing the KBD, the dragon med helm would be something of a rarity, like god or trimmed armour. Also, dragon med helms would be 10x more easily obtainable in members than F2P, meaning that it would become a better way for mid level members to make money.

The argument that releasing one piece of dragon armour to F2P would require all released is a baseless one. Members still have parts of the dragon set that are missing, one that comes to mind is the dragon kiteshield.

While you're entitled to that opinion, it is pretty irrelevant in this thread. If you want to complain about F2Pers, how about you make a rant instead.

You have missed the whole point of what I was debating! You (and others) are asking for additions that are not technical updates and natural evolution of F2P, but are items/mosters etc that belong in the P2P worlds, I was arguing the point that the F2P game is a great game for free and nowhere else would you get as much without having to pay something. Members pay for members items/monsters however they are (or are not) used and at no point should KBD and Dragon Med be made F2P ever. If Jagex want to do specific developments for F2P like the Lumridge achievement diary, thats up to them and is still a huge concession to a free game, but not to hand over purely members stuff.

Guys, ignore Erewhon and Jrhairychest. They just like trolling all the F2P threads on this board.

About the D Med thing, I agree that releasing it would make D Med drops worthwhile, but right now just isn't the time. After the balance Range and Magic however, this option should be considered.

@Sonic3190 I would appreciate you defining what you mean by 'trolling' as you have the audacity to accuse me of it; please be clear and give an example, because obviously I appear to have a different understanding to what you do, I await your reply.

Again my point about members items stands, no D meds for F2P.

Absolutely! :thumbsup:

35cq0q9.png

My arguments are directed at all those requesting more on top of their free game, do not assume it's all about you. I am just responding to the points you have raised, I have no idea why my counter arguments would "try your patience" this is a debate, you're making points about giving over members stuff to F2P and I'm arguing against it. And I believe the point was made that we have all been F2P players, so give over with the 'holier than thou' attitude and see the debate for what it is. Oh and by the way.....do you see me complaining about expensive or slow RS is? No. And I reiterate, enjoy what you've got and be grateful, if you don't like it find an alternative or become a member....simple!

You have missed the whole point of what I was debating! You (and others) are asking for additions that are not technical updates and natural evolution of F2P, but are items/mosters etc that belong in the P2P worlds, I was arguing the point that the F2P game is a great game for free and nowhere else would you get as much without having to pay something. Members pay for members items/monsters however they are (or are not) used and at no point should KBD and Dragon Med be made F2P ever. If Jagex want to do specific developments for F2P like the Lumridge achievement diary, thats up to them and is still a huge concession to a free game, but not to hand over purely members stuff.

If you read the OP, you'll notice that the author is in fact a P2Per, one of your own. I believe the point of this thread was that certain monsters are outdated, and that needs to be remedied. If your only counter is that F2P should pay to get more content, you missed the entire point of this thread. Let me restate to be very clear: This thread is about benefiting members by making outdated monsters worthwhile.

I'm sure the OP would be very grateful if you had other ideas in order to make these monsters worthwhile again.

Let me rephrase that for you - Because the idea to benefit members also benefits f2pers in a negligible way, I'm against it. If they want our outdated worthless content, they should pay $5.95 a month too, so that they too can ignore it and use the better updated content.

♪♪ And I'm not done

If you read the OP, you'll notice that the author is in fact a P2Per, one of your own. I believe the point of this thread was that certain monsters are outdated, and that needs to be remedied. If your only counter is that F2P should pay to get more content, you missed the entire point of this thread. Let me restate to be very clear: This thread is about benefiting members by making outdated monsters worthwhile.

I'm sure the OP would be very grateful if you had other ideas in order to make these monsters worthwhile again.

Let me rephrase that for you - Because the idea to benefit members also benefits f2pers in a negligible way, I'm against it. If they want our outdated worthless content, they should pay $5.95 a month too, so that they too can ignore it and use the better updated content.

And other P2P's on this thread have also argued for KBD and 'outdated' monsters or items could or should be given to F2P; and I say no, so what point am I missing? Most of the 'outdated' items and monsters are only outdated for those who have surpassed them in skills or combat, I have yet to do the KBD so for me he is novel and a challenge and yet to be overcome. Those people who want to get rid of them because they personally don't want or use them anymore, should consider other players. And not hand over membership items to F2P because it suits them. That works both ways, P2P shouldn't give membership items away and F2P shouldn't ask for them.

35cq0q9.png

And some other P2P on this thread have argued for KBD and 'outdated' monsters or items could or should be given to F2P; and I say no, so what point am I missing? Most of the 'outdated' items and monsters are only outdated for those who have surpassed them in skills or combat, I have yet to do the KBD so for me he is novel and a challenge and yet to be overcome. Those people who want to get rid of them because they personally don't want or use them anymore, should consider other players. And not hand over membership items to F2P because it suits them. That works both ways, P2P shouldn't give membership items away and F2P shouldn't ask for them.

No, they don't want to give them to F2P because they don't want to use them, they want to give them to F2P because they want to use them. The idea, as difficult as it may be to grasp, is that making the KBD F2P will wildly increase the price of the dragon med helm, and other items surrounding it, making it more worthwhile to be P2P.

Here's a perfect example: Adamant arrows.

If the highest arrow F2Pers were allowed to use were mithril arrows, adamant arrows would be worth squat. There would be no reason to smith/fletch them, absolutely no demand. But since F2P is allowed to use adamant arrows, there is a huge demand, and a huge amount of profit available to P2Pers.

♪♪ And I'm not done

It should be said once again that the KBD is not outdated. Prior to the release of draconic visage, that argument would have been accurate, nowadays you often have to fight for a lootshare world when going against him.

D meds being outdated is accurate though. Releasing better melee armpor in F2P is pretty short-sighted given the whole triangle argument.

@ Sees_all : Choose your battles wisely, that argument goes against your stand on balancing the F2P triangle (which I agree with you).

P.S. you lost a lot of credibility when you went off-topic and accused all P2Pers of whinning on some aspects of the game. Gaming is all about choice and being restricted by those choices. Pures choose to ignore def, they can't really complain about that. If summoning is too expensive for a player, he can't really complain if boss hunting is too hard. You can guess what I would say about F2Pers...

@ Sonic : You should look up what trolling means because it does not mean "arguying against"...

And some other P2P on this thread have argued for KBD and 'outdated' monsters or items could or should be given to F2P; and I say no, so what point am I missing? Most of the 'outdated' items and monsters are only outdated for those who have surpassed them in skills or combat, I have yet to do the KBD so for me he is novel and a challenge and yet to be overcome. Those people who want to get rid of them because they personally don't want or use them anymore, should consider other players. And not hand over membership items to F2P because it suits them. That works both ways, P2P shouldn't give membership items away and F2P shouldn't ask for them.

No, they don't want to give them to F2P because they don't want to use them, they want to give them to F2P because they want to use them. The idea, as difficult as it may be to grasp, is that making the KBD F2P will wildly increase the price of the dragon med helm, and other items surrounding it, making it more worthwhile to be P2P.

If the highest arrow F2Pers were allowed to use were mithril arrows, adamant arrows would be worth squat. There would be no reason to smith/fletch them, absolutely no demand. But since F2P is allowed to use adamant arrows, there is a huge demand, and a huge amount of profit available to P2Pers.

What do you mean by "huge amount of profit"? Last I checked, making arrows resulted as a loss....

EDIT: making them indeed results in a loss... around 10-15 gps per arrow... only good for xp.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Your Arguments are getting more and more useless... i suggest you stop and ask your parents for 5$ a month :)

Rainbow_Dude.png

Guest jrhairychest

Lets get a few things clear here. First, if you enjoyed the game so much you put a hell of a lot of effort into complaining about it. Second most of us understand perfectly how F2P is as most of us started there, enjoyed it, then went on to pay members. Third, dont use the time old excuse that youre suffering because youre F2P because its harder as youve made an informed choice on that issue so you say, so accept your fate. Fourth, I agree members moan about the time it takes some skills to do, most of it unjustified, but theyve paid for that privilege. Look up the saying He who pays the piper calls the tune.

No-one would disagree that the game has its flaws. KBD and dmed wont fix those. Totally different issue.

These facts are erroneous. Langer has dealt with the KBD and Ive seen enough of dmeds around lately to know that they havent sunk into obscurity so I'd say even that point is very debatable.

Skyrocketing items will make the item out of reach of the pockets of most F2Pers, the market who youre trying to attract. Theyd only reach a moderate value.

Just as baseless as your other facts. But the point isnt lost. If the KBD and dmed came into fruition for f2p, wed see many more posts demanding more and more items just as ridiculous as this one.

Actually I would but this thread is in the wrong place. I believe it should go in the rants thread under the sticky why cant F2P have...., which is where you should be posting incidentally.

No worries =)

Zzzzzzz.........................................

I agree to adding the outdated and under-used bosses (Mainly the mole.) Although I'm not sure about adding the D-med, as the F2P combat triangle is already out of wack.

(Also, all the members pretty much praising each other and acting like F2P are some kind of vermin who should not even be given scraps is really making me feel bad to be a member.)

No.png

CLICK THE IMAGE TO GO TRY SHARK ATTACK DANGIT.

five times 1 = 5

five 1 dollar bills isnt gonna kill you guys =D

Please contribute to the thread instead of trolling...

@Sonic: this is trolling.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Guest jrhairychest

I agree to adding the outdated and under-used bosses (Mainly the mole.) Although I'm not sure about adding the D-med, as the F2P combat triangle is already out of wack.

(Also, all the members pretty much praising each other and acting like F2P are some kind of vermin who should not even be given scraps is really making me feel bad to be a member.)

Who said F2P was vermin? I don't recall being an F2Per and complaining all the time about what I didn't have.

I have nothing against F2P and the way it brings in members to the game. I have nothing against F2Pers who decide to stay in F2P for good. I DO have something against F2Pers who aren’t happy with their lot and think they’re some sort of deserving case because they’ve stayed in F2P and think they’re major supporters of the game. You support yourselves, nothing more. I would sooner see all F2Pers as members to keep up game development and keep the game alive.

Is it really too much to ask those who admit they could pay, to pay for membership instead of using the combat triangle as an excuse for more updates? To you some items may be considered old, but to others they aren't.

five times 1 = 5

five 1 dollar bills isnt gonna kill you guys =D

Please contribute to the thread instead of trolling...

@Sonic: this is trolling.

No, the topic itself is trolling... asking for more when uve been offered an unimaginable amount?

The topic is far from trolling. It has great debate material. Debating the value of some arguments is what this is all about. Jagex have been known to update and give additionnal stuff to F2P from time to time. It's realistic to expect, comment and predict what the next update will be.

langerkiller.png