Tip.it Times 10 January 2010

Mirror

That was cruel, disclaimers like that should be in the beginning.

In the second article "Accepting this to be largely true, Jagex made a concerted effort in 2010 to cater..." I think 2010 should really be 2009 and "Right now, level 72 woodcutting is required before your rank surpasses 1M and appears in a common stat signature," you only need to be in the top 2 million to show up in the highscores. Someone should have fact checked that article.

Yeah, you only need 63 woodcutting, which is about 1/3 as much xp. Pretty big difference.

And it still shows up in the Adventurer's Log if you don't have it--good reason to make the AL available to free players.

Would you all have been more inclined to read it if the disclaimer was actually in the beginning?

That was the problem I have to consider while writing this article, or any article, for the Times. As a writer I have to find a way to draw readers in. Now regardless of the reaction towards it, I'm glad that at least there are some, but disappointed that no one's tried to even write up their own ideas for the year yet.

So go ahead and criticize the fact that a disclaimer wasn't even put in the beginning instead of what the article was about if that's what you're so intent upon doing.<_<

At least we would tell you it's an idea first...and not say that we had an interview with Jagex about it. We people of the interwebz are very gullible you know! Lol but seriously I got pwned... =D>

Big_Stingman.png

belived the 1st article...untill "daylight" *huh? okay this is 100% bluff*

GF. 8-)

P.S. kinda sick of articles like the 2nd, witch basically don't discuss anything except just telling us obvious facts, and in this case, as someone said above, some were even false :lol:

want_a_box.png

I am suprised so many people fell for this :o, i read the sentence 'I got a chance to sit down with a Jagex staff member who gave me a few hints of what we can expect for 2010!" Then thought "yeah right as if they would ever do that" scrolled down and saw the disclaimer. but it was funny to read so well done :)

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

The only good thing about realizing that article was false: I no longer wanted to scream because FTP3 was in June...I thought you had been talking to jagex so i was like.. :o not june...so ... long...

I know! I was like "wtf, June?!"

Cruel, cruel writer.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I was excited with the first article. Fairy Tale Part 3 sounds good, and the night/daytime should be really fun.

Even the quest with muddy water, and the UFT sounded to good to be true!

But then again, when something seems to good to be true, it usually is.

Still, I gonna play RS, even if the updates aren't what I hoped. :mrgreen:

"We had gay burglars the other night. They broke in and rearranged the furniture."

Umoria.png

I am suprised so many people fell for this :o, i read the sentence 'I got a chance to sit down with a Jagex staff member who gave me a few hints of what we can expect for 2010!" Then thought "yeah right as if they would ever do that" scrolled down and saw the disclaimer. but it was funny to read so well done :)

I really felt for this, mainly because I hoped to see a tiny thing of the things to come this year.

Maybe it's a good suggestion to Jagex :grin:

I must confess, that I read about Oktober, and I was like: since when Jagex went on beer drinking like the Germans? Although it sounded like fun. Drinking beer in Mos L'harmless

with a few mates and dwarves in German costumes :cool:

"We had gay burglars the other night. They broke in and rearranged the furniture."

Umoria.png

If that first article had been posted here, the author would have been flamed to a char and then the thread would have been locked. That's all I have to say about that.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

I must agree with you that discussing all the updates of this year is over the top, but you'll be surprised of much time Jagex invests in this community. ;)

mdeosig.png

hytbanner2.png

Proud (retired) Tip.it Times Editor! Tip.it Times Archives TET event forum

Would you all have been more inclined to read it if the disclaimer was actually in the beginning?

I would have. I specifically didn't read it because my first reaction was "this can't be legit". So I skimmed it, found the disclaimer at the bottom, rolled my eyes and shut the window.

So go ahead and criticize the fact that a disclaimer wasn't even put in the beginning instead of what the article was about if that's what you're so intent upon doing.<_<

Well, I believe you said you did it as you did because you wanted a "hook" to get people to read the article. But if you take a short-cut like hoodwinking the reader, the other edge of the sword is that some won't be very happy about it.

I think a better approach is a more interesting title. Something like "What if Tip.it got a sneak peek at this year's updates...?" or similar would have intrigued plenty of readers without tricking them.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png