Abyssal v TDs v Bandos

Soulthresher

Looking to make a bit of cash with combat instead of skilling and came to 3 choices.

Camp Abyssal Demons for a whip drop. Can camp indefinetly as long as Guthan's last.

Solo Tormented Demons for Claw drop. Not quite sure, haven't done it alot.

Solo Bandos for any drop. Can only do around 1-3 per trip.

I have all Barrows armor, Whip, rune defender, skill cape, normal prayers.

Stats:

99 att

86 str

85 def

85 range

94 mage

70 prayer

70 summon

94 hp

Any recommendations?

soulthresher.png

From my experience, abyssal demons average out to ~750k gp/hour, obviously differing greatly based on drop luck

Dragon claws drop 1/200 to 1/300 according to RS wiki

The platebody shards are ~1/500

I've personally received 2 claws and 3 platebody shards in just under 700 kills

The problem with you though, is the lack of a unicorn, a huge disadvantage might I add.

But with food You should be able to get at least 10 kills per hour. 16 kills per hour with piety, eagle eye, and weapon/prayer swapping

20 kills per hour MIGHT be feasible with your stats, but only if you switch perfectly

As for bandos, i have no idea how long it takes to kill graardor

Each individual piece of bandos gear (boots, chest, and legs) are 4.4x rarer than a hilt based on an adventurer log data trawl performed by a particularly talented forum goer on zybez

I have heard people say hilts drop 1/400 or 1/200, big difference and I honestly am not sure which one is true.

A particularly large armadyl drop log hinted towards a 1/400 hilt drop rate though, so i'm inclined to believe that

Regardless im pretty sure bandos and tormented demons demolish abyssal demons for money

Naaxi.png

If you can kill abby demons, you can kill spirit mages, which are better money. Less charms, but faster cash. TD's at your levels will be quite slow, but you'll make 2M/hour very easily, so long as you're good and take fruit bat and D Hally. Soloing Graador isn't a good option, so don't try it. It's meant to be fun cash, not good cash.

guido_49.png

If you can kill abby demons, you can kill spirit mages, which are better money. Less charms, but faster cash. TD's at your levels will be quite slow, but you'll make 2M/hour very easily, so long as you're good and take fruit bat and D Hally. Soloing Graador isn't a good option, so don't try it. It's meant to be fun cash, not good cash.

Make that 0 charms, Spiritual Mages don't drop any charms at all.

Even though I'm against campers, i would do Abbys as you get charms on the side which are very useful for when you want to get summoning up. Soloing Bandos is more of a money drain if you don't get a drop and you actually make more money going in teams then you do soloing. So if you do go in a team, i suggest going to SGW.

Never been to TDs, due to hating quests, so can't help you much here.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

TD's would be more fun IMO.

I've killed over 45 of them and they still feel fresh, in truth it feels like I've killed 10. Only 200 left until I can moan about not getting a drop (in truth all the blue charms are amazing to see build up in the bank).

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

TD's would be more fun IMO.

I've killed over 45 of them and they still feel fresh, in truth it feels like I've killed 10. Only 200 left until I can moan about not getting a drop (in truth all the blue charms are amazing to see build up in the bank).

No. After 1k+, Like some of us, you can start to complain about bad luck.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

TDs would be your best option, imo. They have the best average profit, but is also the hardest of those on the list. (However, you can argue that it's safer than bandos since you are nearly guaranteed your items back if you die--its that easy to get back.)

tormented demons if you want to solo something for money. the charms are good, as are "junk" drops, and dragon claws arent exactly rare (for most people, i average one ever 100-150 kills, when i played). however, godwars are pretty poor moneymaking solo, ive found. saradomin has always been good to me, id go there if i were you (if you can access it ) with a team.

why trust what ive said? i spent 2 days camping abyssal demons and got one whip. spend 1 day at TDS and got 2 claws. over 3k bandos killed, no hilt. 2 tassets and 1 plate, thats it. i get a saradomin hilt or sword split every trip i do there. just under 30 hilts and 40 swords total dropped at sara. 13 dragon claws solod. 23 whips. :\

from my experience, tds are best solo. sara gwd is best money making with a team.

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

A poll really would be nice.

I don't really have experience with anything but TDs, but I still have friends who go to GWD/kill Abby Demons, and I'd say TDs would be best in the long run. You have much better stats than me and I manage 12-13 kills an hour on average, so with practice, you can definitely beat that. Or you can just alternate between everything like I do so you don't go insane from boredom.

Either way, good luck.

[hide]sevestia.png[/hide]

Everything sounds ok, just don't do mages...

I did 7 tasks there so far: not one d boot drop & haven't gotten 1 single charm...

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)

I did 7 tasks there so far: not one d boot drop & haven't gotten 1 single charm...

You didn't get any charms as mages don't drop charms (looks at earlier post). As for the boot thing you're just getting some bad luck. Average is about 1/200 or so. Which usually means about one per task. I didn't get a mage task until 90 slayer so my drops are a little low.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

You didn't get any charms as mages don't drop charms (looks at earlier post). As for the boot thing you're just getting some bad luck. Average is about 1/200 or so. Which usually means about one per task. I didn't get a mage task until 90 slayer so my drops are a little low.

Average is about double that, around 1:110.

Well from personal experience I have made:

~2m from Abyssal demons 2.5k+ kills

~ 40m from Bandos, teams 1k+ kills

~1m from Solo Bandos ~50

~160m Solo TDs ~550 kills

~25m Team TDs ~200 kills

I am unlucky as hell when it comes to Abbys, but TD's have rewarded me well. I say camp abbys until you have enough charms for 88 summoning, then swap over to TD's :)

4sDIn.png