Battlefield Discussion Thread

PoorLepRecon

Origin is EA. And if you're looking for realism, go play the Arma II mod "DayZ".

I've survived grenades at my feet, 40mm shells in my knees, and dozens of 7.62 rounds in the firefights of battlefield. Even tripped claymores with not much more than a spook. But I survived. It's a game. If it were more realistic it would cease to be fun. Especially in Air Superiority and anything regarding the AC-130

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8HVQXkeU8U

HOLY [bleep] a woman soldier in a(n) fps war game. Never thought I'd see the day.

I personally feel that they should scrap the single player, no one plays BF for the SP, 90% of people on Battlelog voted that they were most looking forward to MP. So they might as well just invest all their funds into MP. I guess if they make a better SP, it might be ok but BF3's was utter rubbish.

SUPER.gif

HOLY [bleep] a woman soldier in a(n) fps war game. Never thought I'd see the day.

Disappointing though.

Taking this from a guy I talk with on another website (to save my time, lol):

Honestly looks like a dlc for bf3. Not surprised. Quick things, no hit markers, getting hit sounds like you're launching a tube grenade, campaign looks retarded (chopper zooms by over them at 10 feet, could have just landed and picked them up, but no, they must climb to the top of a far off building) you can carry more than 1 primary, side sight on the carbine. Overall, not impressed, will not buy. @$#% you EA.

All_My_Love.png Bun_Dem.png

max.png 50.png

There is so much recycled from Bf3 and MohW (which was horrible itself), and this is singleplayer we're looking at. I can wait to see multiplayer reveal. I'd rather not be even more disappointed.

Disappointing though.

Taking this from a guy I talk with on another website (to save my time, lol):

Honestly looks like a dlc for bf3. Not surprised. Quick things, no hit markers, getting hit sounds like you're launching a tube grenade, campaign looks retarded (chopper zooms by over them at 10 feet, could have just landed and picked them up, but no, they must climb to the top of a far off building) you can carry more than 1 primary, side sight on the carbine. Overall, not impressed, will not buy. @$#% you EA.

Why would anyone decide whether they were buying it based on a SP gameplay footage? Surely MP will be the real indicator, also you cant judge a game by a 17 minute footage.

When is it coming out, does Fall 2013 mean this autumn?

SUPER.gif

Likely Late September/November

I dunno bout you guys but I think it looks hella pretty. I have faith in it, even if it is "another BF3 dlc". It's gonna be worth the $60 drop. Although I would have appreciated one completely amazing game rather than 2 very good games with large DLC packages.

My guess is late October, they've done that with both bad company 2 and battlefield 3. Always a couple weeks before CoD.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

I mean I have more than LOVED BF:BC1, BF:BC2, BF3, and a couple other smaller games like (1942? Was that the expansion off of BC2?).

But the sounds seem to be exactly the same, graphics look the same, vehicles look the same...

I have this feeling in the back of my head that these won't be the sounds and graphics we're gonna see. I think they're going to revamp them.

The problem, is that the game engine that they're bragging about is more like Frostbite 2.5 lol. From the reviews of the engine I've read (and the specs I've seen) it doesn't look too promising in the ways of new sharp graphics...

Also, if consoles get 64 player multiplayer, I am more than hoping that Master Race gamers should be expecting 128 player games lol.

max.png 50.png

I mean I have more than LOVED BF:BC1, BF:BC2, BF3, and a couple other smaller games like (1942? Was that the expansion off of BC2?).

But the sounds seem to be exactly the same, graphics look the same, vehicles look the same...

I have this feeling in the back of my head that these won't be the sounds and graphics we're gonna see. I think they're going to revamp them.

The problem, is that the game engine that they're bragging about is more like Frostbite 2.5 lol. From the reviews of the engine I've read (and the specs I've seen) it doesn't look too promising in the ways of new sharp graphics...

Also, if consoles get 64 player multiplayer, I am more than hoping that Master Race gamers should be expecting 128 player games lol.

I think they said they wont up the 64 player servers for PC.

I wonder how big they will make naval combat or whether it will just be for SP

SUPER.gif

No, naval combat will most likely be for MP. I'm thinking small boats with cannons, you know? Obviously we can't bring in battleships because then you'd need

When did they say that? D:

We're the master race for a reason! It's because we'll always be at least a step ahead!

max.png 50.png

PC are already 3 years ahead judging by next gen console specs.

Anyway, they've pretty much went down the CoD route. Hell, they are even openly admitting they want to compete with CoD.

New "engine" still won't compare to BC2 destruction, and nothing else looks different in a big way. Won't be buying.

• 2 months later...

BF4 looks decent, but Injustice: Gods Among Us has stolen my heart. Battlefield is now casually sitting on the back burner