Battlefield Discussion Thread

PoorLepRecon

• 2 weeks later...

BF4 isn't even in beta, and already two DLC packs have been announced. Just... Wow.

DICE has released details of its second premium DLC pack for Battlefield 4, which will launch later in the year for current and next-generation platforms.

The Second Assault DLC, which was announced at Microsoft's E3 2013 press conference, will feature four "fan-favourite" Battlefield 3 maps redesigned for Battlefield 4's Frostbite 3 engine. DICE also says the quartet of maps will be "enhanced to include new multiplayer features from Battlefield 4."

No more specifics about the content were revealed. In a Reddit thread, Battlefield 4 gameplay designer Alan Kertz said "[Operation] Metro and Caspian [border] are runaway favorites" in popularity.

Battlefield 3 received a similar expansion in December 2011, Back to Karkand, which remade four famous Battlefield 2 maps--Strike at Karkand, Gulf of Oman, Wake Island 2014, and Sharqi Peninsula--in the Frostbite 2.0 engine. The Back to Karkand DLC was offered free to customers who preordered Battlefield 3.

Customers who preorder Battlefield 4 get free access to the China Rising expansion pack at launch, which adds four new maps, new vehicles, and new equipment.

Battlefield 4 DLC will be released first on the Xbox One.

http://www.gamespot....f3-maps-6410747

Second Assault I can understand, but seriously, CR should just be included anyway. EA is just showing us why people hate them.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

• 4 months later...

I have it. Played it for 3 hours on release night (PC.) Was impressed, obviously some bad glitches etc.

They just released a patch a day or two ago or something and apparently it fixed one thing but made 10 more problems. (Welp, classic EA/DICE.) The main problem I've heard of is at the end of each round, players are kicked due to a bug. Also, there are still audio glitches, etc.

*BF4 would have been much better from the start if they weren't rushed. EA rushes DICE to make games so they can make money. If DICE had more time, we'd be seeing much less problems.

I'll be playing Path of Exile until this game is fixed. If it isn't fixed by the time I play a lot of AC4, idk what to do lol.

All_My_Love.png Bun_Dem.png

max.png 50.png

I don't love it but I certainly like it. (Battlefield 4 that is). Its far more frustrating than BF3, mostly due to new controls and inconsistent frame rate. I've begun to enjoy it more with time though. Currently rank 22 with probably close to 20 hours logged.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

You can transfer your ps3 progression to ps4 for $10

old :P

this was announced long ago, in a place far, far away...

Sony/EA/DICE are thirsty.

say what

are you kidding me

how about they just charge people another $60 for the game and another $50 for premium.

can't believe you just said that.

$10 vs. $110 take your pick.

max.png 50.png

I got it for PC. A lot of the maps are just too open for infantry play to be fun, unless you want to be a boring sniper the entire round. I've been grinding out guns/unlocks on a 24/7 Locker server, and I looooooooove the PKP Pecheneg, and just unlocked the MG4 as well (which is pretty beastly too). I've almost unlocked everything for the attack boats as well, but I've never actually driven one.

Unlike most people on the BF forums, I don't blame DICE too much for the current state that the game is in, I blame EA for giving them an absurd timeline to follow.

Also, Floodzone is probably the biggest piece of [cabbage] map I've ever played in my BF career. Seriously, nothing but rooftop campers.

I got it for PC. A lot of the maps are just too open for infantry play to be fun, unless you want to be a boring sniper the entire round. I've been grinding out guns/unlocks on a 24/7 Locker server, and I looooooooove the PKP Pecheneg, and just unlocked the MG4 as well (which is pretty beastly too). I've almost unlocked everything for the attack boats as well, but I've never actually driven one.

Unlike most people on the BF forums, I don't blame DICE too much for the current state that the game is in, I blame EA for giving them an absurd timeline to follow.

Also, Floodzone is probably the biggest piece of [cabbage] map I've ever played in my BF career. Seriously, nothing but rooftop campers.

I heard that the game has been fixed, we should play together some time. Add me on...

Origin: Notaplaugerist

Steam: WhiteyGotGame

max.png 50.png

I disagree on the openess, I would say only a few maps fit your description. Rogue Transmission and Golmund Railway both on conquest otherwise I think the others are fine for infantry.

Cant decide whether 4 or 3 has the better maps. I thought 3 had incredible maps, not really a bad one apart from Tehran Highway but that was still fun on rush. I am probably leaning towards 3 but I am liking 4's maps more and more.

The best thing about BF4 for me has to be obliteration, its just epic. Playing 40 minute rounds on Zavod is incredible, the feeling you get when you have the bomb and get picked up or bypass the whole enemy team with a quad by going on the very side of the map and then planting is exhilarating.

SUPER.gif

I disagree on the openess, I would say only a few maps fit your description. Rogue Transmission and Golmund Railway both on conquest otherwise I think the others are fine for infantry.

Cant decide whether 4 or 3 has the better maps. I thought 3 had incredible maps, not really a bad one apart from Tehran Highway but that was still fun on rush. I am probably leaning towards 3 but I am liking 4's maps more and more.

The best thing about BF4 for me has to be obliteration, its just epic. Playing 40 minute rounds on Zavod is incredible, the feeling you get when you have the bomb and get picked up or bypass the whole enemy team with a quad by going on the very side of the map and then planting is exhilarating.

ive been staring at your siggy for a couple years and I never really took note of it

I also haven't played a non-members account in a long [bleep]ing time.

max.png 50.png

Yea I guess you're right, except for Lancang Dam. I don't like that map much (too many mountaineers). Those three maps I'm not a big fan of.

I kind of like BF4's maps a bit more I think (but that may be due to playing BF3 on console), although I loved Seine Crossing and Damavand Peak (two maps I'd rather have back than Operation Firestorm and Gulf of Oman).

Flood Zone makes me rage quit everytime I [bleep]ing play it regardless of game type

ive been staring at your siggy for a couple years and I never really took note of it

I also haven't played a non-members account in a long [bleep]ing time.

Heh, its pretty old. I probably put it in my sig around 2010, probably not really relevant now but I cant be bothered to take it out and many people (like you) recognise me from it.

Ye I agree, Lancang Dam is a horrible map. Probably the worst map in the game for me, I just find I die so easily on it and there is no cover whatsoever in most parts. I find it easier to be infantry on Golmund than Lancang. Flood zone can be terrible, there are so many directions you can be shot from so some games I do really badly on it.

SUPER.gif

Played last night for the first time with a semi-decent GPU. was like 18-3 the first match, then Bf4 crashed, windows claims. fml.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/1/402652776445297664/195940858/

that was my second game last night I think?

max.png 50.png

I despise Flood Zone as infantry, but...

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/1/402175354015059200/233097773/

LAV's can be pretty fun. :D

Anyone watch the preview footage of the 2nd strike maps? New Gulf Of Oman looks fantastic!