Battlefield Discussion Thread

PoorLepRecon

Newest Armoured Kill video, showing off the second of the four new maps. (Since the new posting setup doesn't have the simple one-click-paste-media display, the actual link will have to do.)

It's a shame only small parts of the map will see any real action on consoles. God forbid they up the team sizes when releasing "the largest map in battlefield history". :rolleyes:

driving a jeep [atv?] through that madness looks hilarious and fun. I'm so excited for the mobile artillery

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

hey guys what's the best sniper + attachments? I'm new to the series from COD (i know, i know)

But anyways, just general tips between the two would be helpful. I'm pulling a 1.01 KD, and on COD I generally was way better then that. Also, what game mode would be the best for a sniper to kill whoar in?

Feel free to post on my blog :D

hey guys what's the best sniper + attachments? I'm new to the series from COD (i know, i know)

But anyways, just general tips between the two would be helpful. I'm pulling a 1.01 KD, and on COD I generally was way better then that. Also, what game mode would be the best for a sniper to kill whoar in?

There's usually servers called "snipers" or "big maps". Go with Rush or Conquest for long distance sniping [which would be M40A5/12x scope/straight pull]. The M98B and L96 are also excellent long distance snipers. NEVER use a silencer for shots above 200m. If you aren't good at compensating scope sway, consider replacing the straight pull with a bi-pod until you improve your skill.

I presume the JNG-90 is also good for long distance, but I've never personally tried it.

For agro sniping I recommend the MK11 MOD 0 with a 3.4x or a 4x scope [M125, or ACOG depending on preference] and a foregrip/laser sight. Use this until you unlock the M417 which in my opinion is the best sniper in the game. With the same set up it's a 2-3 shot kill from any distance, with a beautiful rate of fire. If you don't like the MK11, you can play Co-Op to unlock the M39 EMR and use it the same way. Agro sniping works best in moderate sized maps like Grand Bizarre and Noshar Canals.

I personally use L96 straight pull/M125(3.4x)/laser sight to do a mix of both distance [within 175m] and aggro sniping. It's got an okay hip fire hit ratio, suppresses the shit out of nearby targets, and is a 1 hit kill most of the time.

Aggro sniping... *twitch*

Anything that isn't an 8x or 12x scope, shouldn't be allowed on a sniper rifle IMO.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

I should say I'm on ps3 if that makes any difference. And I really like the m98b with 12x scope and straight pull. Although still not as many one hit kills as I would like. Imo body shots should kill more often to balance out the recon class.

Oh, and what pistol is the best? The m9 sucks :/

And I have this back to karkan or something download. I'm assuming its dlc. Whats it entail?

Also, if anyone would like to add me, my psn is jr041615.

I should say I'm on ps3 if that makes any difference. And I really like the m98b with 12x scope and straight pull. Although still not as many one hit kills as I would like. Imo body shots should kill more often to balance out the recon class.

Oh, and what pistol is the best? The m9 sucks :/

And I have this back to karkan or something download. I'm assuming its dlc. Whats it entail?

Also, if anyone would like to add me, my psn is jr041615.

My PSN is Brand_New_iPwn, add me. Do you have a mic? I could walk you through everything. Back to Karkand is DLC [2 new game types, 8 new guns, 4 new maps].

Best pistol is personal preference. I love the 93R [burst fire 1100 rate] unless I'm a sniper where I prefer the M1911 Suppressed. Some people seem to really like the .44 magnum for its extreme power. I personally hate the reload rate and accuracy of it.

Snipers are balanced as they are with headshots being the only OHK.

@Sarge

Disagree completely. If I can slap an 8x on my 870MCS I should be able to ACOG my M417

The recon kit shouldn't even get bolt-actions to start with, leads to undesirable results.

So... the recon class shouldn't have... sniper rifles. Makes sense.

Granted, I do miss BFBC2's style of sniping (one hit kill, no matter the range) with bolt-actions.

The recon kit shouldn't even get bolt-actions to start with, leads to undesirable results.

So... the recon class shouldn't have... sniper rifles. Makes sense.

Granted, I do miss BFBC2's style of sniping (one hit kill, no matter the range) with bolt-actions.

Glad you understand.

Also, what.

I feel that recons are better equipped with snipers than any other rifle type. Can't have them running around with carbines now can we? As for Bolt-Action vs Semi-Auto fire, I feel it just has to do with class categorization for weapon balancing, which I don't mind because it allows the game to fairly incorporate more and more guns.

I didn't play BFBC2 but I was told that the medic class had the LMGs? That sounds ridiculous to me, but I suppose it worked.

I feel that recons are better equipped with snipers than any other rifle type. Can't have them running around with carbines now can we? As for Bolt-Action vs Semi-Auto fire, I feel it just has to do with class categorization for weapon balancing, which I don't mind because it allows the game to fairly incorporate more and more guns.

I didn't play BFBC2 but I was told that the medic class had the LMGs? That sounds ridiculous to me, but I suppose it worked.

Indeed, and Assault had the ammo box. It kind of makes sense, as the Medic was a support type (even though there was no suppression), while assault needed ammo at the front.

I don't mind recon having semi-autos. I just wish they were consistent on their damage ratios. So many times I've shot a guy three+ times, but others I've shot once and they die. And it's the same the other way around too. I get hit a few times, but others I die in one shot.

Another thing DICE needs to incorporate: a bleed-out effect. Once you get bellow 15% health, you start to bleed out, and if you don't find a medic bag, you die. No more of this bullcrap 0/1% health remaining/kill assist 100 shit.

would personally rather the recon not even be apart of the game, but everybody's going to see differently.

Also I don't think snipers are that much of a nuisance on console compared to PC.

enaidlool.png

If you quote me please be sure to note that I'm extremely mad.

PC snipers are stupid good. I've seen the videos.

@Sarg the takeback from heavy hitting semi-autos [M37 EMR] is usually either ammo carried, clip size, or reload time - so over all, in their own way all the guns are balanced. But with an ammo specialization there's really no need to be carrying a SKS [4 shot kill, 2 with head shot, 11 clip] when you could be holding an M417 with the same attachments [2-3 shot kill, same rate of fire, 21 clip]

I disagree with bleedout, but I do like the quality of super suppression when you survive something you really had no right to survive. I'm sure you've seen it where EVERYTHING gets real fuzzy, and the color disappears. I do sincerely hate kill assists that are 95+ though. Really frustrating, especially if you're in a down streak. I find my self as both the survivor and the asisitor in these situations pretty equally though, so i don't have a problem with it.

In general the snipers on PC are very bad, it's not rare to be in games where the snipers go ~0 kills 500 points and never leave the deployment. This is on any game mode any map.

Now I know sniping as a rush attacker is obviously the best and most tactical way of play, but it really does ruin the experience.

Now I know sniping as a rush attacker is obviously the best and most tactical way of play, but it really does ruin the experience.

Sniping on defence is best, if you snipe when you are on attacker side, you are putting your team at a disadvantage by not being near the objectives.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Sniping on defence is best, if you snipe when you are on attacker side, you are putting your team at a disadvantage by not being near the objectives.

If you snipe people that are trying to kill your teammates planting the bomb, then I think its ok.

Sniping on rush in general is bad. (By sniping, I mean a bolt action), defending or attacking.

I mean, say you're on Op Firestorm or another horrible designed and you have the attackers stuck in their deployment you could pull a bolt out to pass the time, but in a rush match where's there actually opposition it's a bad tactic and will almost always hurt the team more than help.

Yeah I never meant to imply bolt action sniping is good, however, if you were to do it, it is best when you are defending as you can still stay near the objectives and snipe people running up to the base.

Unless you actually see those people who got 0 kills and 500 points actually trying to snipe, chances are they were like me a few months ago and just MAVing it up. Which is very useful IF PEOPLE EVER LOOKED AT THE MINIMAP. Or if someone is using mortars.

Sniping on rush has it's advantages and disadvantages. Can snipe people trying to plant, and also snipe people trying to defuse. Sniping while attacking (if you're good) means there are less people to stop your team from advancing. One or two people sniping while being attackers doesn't put your team at a disadvantage, seeing as how it doesn't take an entire team to plant one bomb (and subsequently die from the resounding C4 that was placed earlier by a defender), but having 6+ people on consoles definitely does.

Unless you actually see those people who got 0 kills and 500 points actually trying to snipe, chances are they were like me a few months ago and just MAVing it up. Which is very useful IF PEOPLE EVER LOOKED AT THE MINIMAP. Or if someone is using mortars.

Sniping on rush has it's advantages and disadvantages. Can snipe people trying to plant, and also snipe people trying to defuse. Sniping while attacking (if you're good) means there are less people to stop your team from advancing. One or two people sniping while being attackers doesn't put your team at a disadvantage, seeing as how it doesn't take an entire team to plant one bomb (and subsequently die from the resounding C4 that was placed earlier by a defender), but having 6+ people on consoles definitely does.

If I'm going aggressive recon, I normally put on the m417 and place my mav in a crucial location and let it act as a motion sensor, rather than flying it around spotting. I'd rather have another gun on the ground and minimap spotting than having 1 person dedicated to 3d spotting.

I speak for consoles only with our limited player count, however. PC can afford having someone flying a MAV and just spotting the whole match.

Rush sniping certainly has it's uses, even bolt action style. Just don't be super far from the objective. Defenders can snipe out planters very easily [you get a 2-3/4 side angle most of the time, and the planter has to hold still] and attackers can alternately do the same thing once the bomb is planted. I'm personally not great at it, but it can be a game deciding kill sometimes.

• 3 weeks later...

That aftermath bit looked like it was from the campaign. Maybe it'll be set after the earthquake in the first (second) mission.

Other than that... Biggest map in Battlefield history, but only 24 players (six or more of which will probably be sniping) on consoles. Great idea.