Battlefield Discussion Thread

PoorLepRecon

Mortar was changed last patch to not allow mortaring from base. Grand Bazaar is either glitched or fully disallowed atm.

That is the worst idea ever

Why exactly are they trying to degrade the game?

I dunno. What really killed the mortar is that they nerfed it's damage and reload rate.

At this point I feel like it would be better if we had f'ing Treyarch handling balance patches. I wish companies would have the balls to stand up to fans and say 'No, you know what, we made a [bleep]ing good game and if you don't like it, we've already got your money.' Errors and glitches should be fixed, but the balance of things shouldn't be changed just because of a bunch of whiny jackasses.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Mortar was changed last patch to not allow mortaring from base. Grand Bazaar is either glitched or fully disallowed atm.

That is the worst idea ever

Why exactly are they trying to degrade the game?

I dunno. What really killed the mortar is that they nerfed it's damage and reload rate.

At this point I feel like it would be better if we had f'ing Treyarch handling balance patches. I wish companies would have the balls to stand up to fans and say 'No, you know what, we made a [bleep]ing good game and if you don't like it, we've already got your money.' Errors and glitches should be fixed, but the balance of things shouldn't be changed just because of a bunch of whiny jackasses.

DICE is too focused on their upcoming DLC to properly fix their game. Plus, with this last patch they just broke more stuff (M26 MASS for example). And they did the whole no-spawn-mortaring to prevent people from just sitting in the base, completely safe from dieing (except from enemy mortars/snipers that manage to see them). As for the bolded part, I direct you here.

And yea, taking three direct hits to kill someone with the mortar is just complete BS.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

I found a somewhat decent spot (although it's really open to being sniped) on Noshar(?) Canals. Russian spawn, up the hill and under those power line things, next to where A would be on the third set of MCOMS in rush. Can cover C and some of A pretty well. I've seen the dog tag, nothing too great, but still pretty cool. A skull with a mortar hitting it, saying "rain supreme".

103 kills till the mortar medal, but chances are you need 500 kills, if the claymore medal is anything to go by. :twss:

I'm working on getting my claim more kills dog tag atm. At 260 kills. Too bad it's glitched, DICE swapped the medal/mastery tags so I need 500 kills, not the 300 it should be.

Also getting my m26 mass mastery tag before DICE nerfs it to uselessness.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

All the servers I've found have the M26 banned. Another good reason why custom servers suck.

I got 47 kills with the mortar before I stopped playing for a while. It would almost always take at least two or three danger very close shots, usually something more like five, to kill someone. The only times I've gotten single-hit kills were, I assume, when I hit them directly in the face.

Mortar combat is just another aspect of battlefield tactics. It deserves nerfing no more than those remote aircraft you can run people over with do. It serves the same function, allowing you to fight from a safe place, distracting the enemy troops, and getting rare kills.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Just because the server bans it doesn't mean I can't use it. :wink: I'd rather piss off a few people and get the tags done then wait and rage that it's so weak in a month.

I pull out the glitched if I see someone on the other team using it, otherwise I just use the regular mass, not underslung. I'd advise using the mass soon, because after seeing what happened to the usas, famas, and mortar, it's going to end up being useless.

I could be reading this wrong, but no m26 and not being able to mortar from your spawn ruins the game for you? :mellow:

I never used the M26, but is sounds like it's supposed to be fun with the most recent patch. Not being able to mortar, yes, that does vastly disappoint me. I'm the armchair soldier, that guy in the older games who always tried to get voted commander so they could sit at spawn calling in UAVs and airstrikes to support the troops; the mortar was the closest I could get to that.

There's a certain joy in making enemy defenders scatter for cover, allowing your allies to advance through a vital chokepoint. Or taking out the camping snipers on the nearby roof, who are picking off all your infantry. Or disabling the advancing enemy tank, giving engineer teams time to advance and take it out directly.

Why would anyone complain about the mortars? They were nothing more than psychological warfare and punishment to the loud and immobile.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

You could sit at base and camp all day with little chance of being killed.

Which is bad why?

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Sure it's fun to out-snipe recons using underslung m26, but it is very very OP, I agree completely with the decision for servers to ban the use of it.

However, if mortaring is your play style I genuinely feel bad that you can no longer do it. :mellow:

I just always felt that I was best able to aid my team that way, partly because I was somewhat good and partly because I could see large chunks of the battlefield, and allied advances where the desperate line of defense once was. I'll manage otherwise, just have to figure out new tactics.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

You can still get kills with the mortar. You just have to work harder at it. I like to use it on Seine conquest where there's tons of rubble to drop down. Easy kills that way.

Well, looks like I found a metro 24/7 hardcore map.

Sweet.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Well, looks like I found a metro 24/7 hardcore map.

Sweet.

There are tons of those. A quick search of "24/7 metro" will return hundreds of servers.

M26 DART underslung from a heavy barreled G3A3 still counts as M26 kills, while still giving exploit bonuses.

I never understood why people thought the original mortar was OP. It was 2 hit kill, unless it was a direct hit, it barely affected vehicles [minus jeeps] it was super easy to spot, and it was EXTREMELY vulnerable to counter-mortaring. And to have it back in the spawn area was half the purpose really. Way too much chaos to just set up mid-battlefield in my opinion. Really need to reinstate the old mechanics of the mortar.

I'm not really a fan of the Claymores disappearing after death now. Especially cause it's instantaneous to death, so if you get revived they're still gone. That should get fixed at the very least. Same goes for C4, though that makes sense that it disappears upon death.

The M26 will undoubtedly get re-nerfed next patch. Famas will probably stay the same. But thankfully the USAS isn't ridiculous anymore.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/46272174/4/355806237/

Nothing like carrying the team on my back. Lousy squad, but I had a lot of fun pissing off snipers at range with my M60E4.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Anybody looking for more people to play with on xbox, add me. Gamertag is Looshbob

If you get a request from NBL Pancake, that's me. :P

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

I wonder if DICE would make an all jets map, based way up in the air. Would be pretty sweet.