Multi-coloured whips

Rosanante1

Insted of making colours for whips, Jagex should be releasing decent new weapons.

I agree. Colours matter only for those who like to be stylish and that's usually players who don't do combat.

Original colour>new colours i say.

Hope a better weapon than Whip will be released, that won't be slow and 2H.

Horse hockey.

Several people like to kill and look sexy while doing it, but do you honestly believe that this tiny idea actually consumed any considerable development time? I'd think that people would give Jagex a little mroe credit than that...

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

In which I rant about these complainers:

Which do you think would be easier: "Okay, you! Make recolored whip items! And toss them in as some minigame reward!"

Or: Designing a new weapon, debugging it, making sure it's balanced, and coming up with a justification for its existence?

It seriously probably took like an hour or so to make four whip colors and attatch them to BA.

Versus a few weeks to design, balance, and justify a new weapon.

You can't complain about an update which does not effect the game in ANY WAY. You can ignore it. It does not hurt you (Well, in PVP it will in a different sense). It did not waste much time for Jagex to make.

Its only effect is that people who want differently colored whips can have one.

Time to recolor whip < Time to merely make the new weapon's inventory, dropped, and equipped graphics.

Add in design time, balancing time, and a reasonable excuse to put it in the game?

The recolored whip takes up only a few percent of the time that a new weapon would require to make.

If you jump into a river in Paris, you're insane. If you jump into a river in Egypt, you're in denial.

Which do you think would be easier: "Okay, you! Make recolored whip items! And toss them in as some minigame reward!"

Or: Designing a new weapon, debugging it, making sure it's balanced, and coming up with a justification for its existence?

It seriously probably took like an hour or so to make four whip colors and attatch them to BA.

You can't complain about an update which does not effect the game in ANY WAY. You can ignore it. It does not hurt you (Well, in PVP it will in a different sense). It did not waste much time for Jagex to make.

Time to recolor whip < Time to merely make the new weapon's inventory, dropped, and equipped graphics.

Add in design time, balancing time, and a reasonable excuse to put it in the game?

The recolored whip takes up only a few percent of the time that a new weapon would require to make.

Plus a minigame is supposed to be fun. Recoloring weapons and having little baubles on your person are fun. Why does champions challenge give you a worthless imp follower? because its fun.

@Moocky

The colors of the whips correspond to the 5 positions in BA.

Yellow = Collecter

Blue = Defender

Green = Healer

Red = Attacker

White = The one open position (its always easiest to paint any color on a white canvas)

The whip reward was BA themed after all. Huh.

I bet a couple of people at jagex got bored and just did this in there free time. You're right it probably only took like an hour lol

I honestly don't see how anyone at all has any reason to complain about this.

anyone remember when jagex gave a bunch of fansites various concept art pictures?

colored whips were among those pictures.

found it

newwhip.jpg

4e0Vn.png

@Moocky

The colors of the whips correspond to the 5 positions in BA.

Yellow = Collecter

Blue = Defender

Green = Healer

Red = Attacker

White = The one open position (its always easiest to paint any color on a white canvas)

The whip reward was BA themed after all. Huh.

Wow. Thank you very much for pointing that out!

This explains why there were no black or other popular colors for whips.

Also: I hate how the blue and green whips look. I wish they were darker, like the capes in the minigame itself. Right now blue and green whips just look like cheap plastic...

... But red, white, and yellow whips are grand. :-)

2dgucz6.png

anyone remember when jagex gave a bunch of fansites various concept art pictures?

colored whips were among those pictures.

found it

newwhip.jpg

Reminds me of something when it's seen glowing like that, now what was that.

It was something like this

[hide]Hihio_Zabimaru_by_Eroha.jpg

After looking through all 40 pages that a google search pulled up, that was the only picture with the links in it. (the red things), so yeah, don't yell at me for the bad picture, I looked.

As you can see the two look oddly similar in design. The handle isn't too far off from the whip handle either. Maybe someone likes Renji and isn't telling us? Now make the black longsword look like Zangetsu in Bankai and we're in business.[/hide]

I bet a couple of people at jagex got bored and just did this in there free time. You're right it probably only took like an hour lol

I honestly don't see how anyone at all has any reason to complain about this.

Of course there is. At any one time, I don't think Jagex has only ONE update ready to be released into the game. Yet they would never release the moment an update is complete, instead time the updates to be out once per week, giving them some buffer time. We had a delay of update this week that has been postponed to the next, but next week's update wasn't brought forward to replace this as well. And I doubt they would release this week's and next week's update together next week.

Which comes to the point that if colour alternatives to weapons is supposed to be one game update, players asking for the same thing for other popular weapons are giving Jagex the reason to slot more of these no-brainer updates into the schedule, pushing back the true updates.

Luckily that BA update came with the Agility skill update, and there were decent tweaks for BA, such as the SC tool-like items for agility, mining and firemaking.

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

Of course there is. At any one time, I don't think Jagex has only ONE update ready to be released into the game. Yet they would never release the moment an update is complete, instead time the updates to be out once per week, giving them some buffer time. We had a delay of update this week that has been postponed to the next, but next week's update wasn't brought forward to replace this as well. And I doubt they would release this week's and next week's update together next week.

Each update has to be loaded and resynchronized onto the existing game code before it is released.

Think of updates like a train.

The Update Train travels from station A to station B carrying an update from current code and hardware( A ) to combined code and hardware( B ).

If the train is chugging along and halfway to point B from A, de-rails due to hardware issues, the train is stuck halfway. You cant just take it back to A, put a new update on the train and push it through the bump. They would have to unload all the current existing stuff that caused the derailment just to let a new update pass through.

So in other words, they cant just "magically" pretend an update didn't take place and pull a new one out this week. If an update is already halfway done, it has to be finished or completely removed before more content can be put on the game.

But as for two updates, it is possible. If they fix the bump, they can just slap next weeks update on the train too if they want. But by doing that they risk running into more bumps for both updates. So its possible for two updates to be released next week, as its been done before, but if they do the updates will likely be later in the week.

dawnsigblue-3.png

That makes no sense at all. They don't just have a bunch of updates lying around just waiting for them to install them every week. I seriously doubt jagex has two different updates just sitting there waiting to be installed and were planning on releasing them one week apart just because they can. My point is jagex probably doesn't have updates ready weeks in advance so they can just use one to replace another one that got postponed.

That makes no sense at all. They don't just have a bunch of updates lying around just waiting for them to install them every week. I seriously doubt jagex has two different updates just sitting there waiting to be installed and were planning on releasing them one week apart just because they can. My point is jagex probably doesn't have updates ready weeks in advance so they can just use one to replace another one that got postponed.

What YOU said doesn't make sense. Do you really think that they finish each update right before they release it? Of course not. They likely have a long queue of updates ready to ship out according to their schedule. I would guess they probably have at least three fully completed updates sitting in a pile that they test one week in advance of being released. Really, they could have the entire year's updates already finished but of course they're not going to release them all at once, since some people only play when the game gets updated, meaning if they release them spread out, those people will come back every week rather than just blowing through the new content all at once.

2dgucz6.png

What YOU said doesn't make sense. Do you really think that they finish each update right before they release it? Of course not. They likely have a long queue of updates ready to ship out according to their schedule. I would guess they probably have at least three fully completed updates sitting in a pile that they test one week in advance of being released. Really, they could have the entire year's updates already finished but of course they're not going to release them all at once, since some people only play when the game gets updated, meaning if they release them spread out, those people will come back every week rather than just blowing through the new content all at once.

Obviously that isn't true if they had to postpone an update because it wasn't finished.... If they did every update weeks in advance wouldn't this one be finished? You're saying they have a long queue of game updates ready, but why would this be in that if it wasn't finished. I'm not saying right before they update it but I doubt that they have a long queue of updates ready weeks in advance.

But then again all we can do is guess because neither of us know for sure what jagex is doing.