Multi-coloured whips

Rosanante1

I'm sure I've read an article regarding the changes (again) to the whip colours, but I can't find it now.

Anyways, so far I have seen a Grey & White, Red & Black and last night a Blue & Grey, which looked well cool.

My topic for discussion is what other colours have you seen and do you think the differentiation is responsible for the recent hike in whip prices? I also ask for your thoughts as to whether some colours are rarer than others leadng to potential rarity values and the categorisation of colours in the GE?

Rozanante.png

Rozanante.png

Still the proud owner of Quest Cape since 8th December 2007

All skills used to be 70 or higher. (Dang you Dungeoneering. Oh wait, it's not a skill...)

Drops: Whips 8, Black Mask 8, D/Skirt 1, D/Spear 1, D/Shield Left Half 1, D/Boots 12, G/Maul 4, Range Ammy 1, Hexcrest 1.

Currently there's green, blue, red and yellow and of course, the default "standard" whip. To paint atleast one, you must have 50 points in any role in Barbarian Assault. They are the reason there's been a rise in whip prices. And I don't think any other items will receive such an option, whips have several different colours so it was a possibility.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Whips have already fallen to close to their price before the colour update so it was only a temporary price hike, unfortunately :sad:

As was said they can't be traded coloured, and even if they could be anyone could change the colour so there would be no difference in price.

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

Insted of making colours for whips, Jagex should be releasing decent new weapons.

I agree. Colours matter only for those who like to be stylish and that's usually players who don't do combat.

Original colour>new colours i say.

Hope a better weapon than Whip will be released, that won't be slow and 2H.

Insted of making colours for whips, Jagex should be releasing decent new weapons.

I agree. Colours matter only for those who like to be stylish and that's usually players who don't do combat.

Well different colours of whip has been one of the most suggested and requested updates for years so why not put it in game and please a huge amount of people?

As for new weapons hello? they added the Trident. Not a hugely awesome weapon but its ability to save mage runes is hopefully a step towards something we shall see more of, and its spec is pretty awesome.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Well different colours of whip has been one of the most suggested and requested updates for years so why not put it in game and please a huge amount of people?

As for new weapons hello? they added the Trident. Not a hugely awesome weapon but its ability to save mage runes is hopefully a step towards something we shall see more of, and its spec is pretty awesome.

yea duh you guys trident is wtfpwn and i can nevr figure out if i want 2 bring trident or whip to do combat stuffz.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Correction. New weapons that actually serves a decent purpose, whether for high levels or low levels. The trident is just neither here nor there.

The trident:

+17 magic attack bonus? Great.

+17 bonus but deny you of another magic boosting item, or a defence item at least, in the shield slot? Bad.

No magic damage boost, not even 5%, if 10% seems overpowered, in addition to the above? Worse.

A melee special attack for a magic staff that requires melee distance? Worst. Unless you consider training melee using a staff as a wonderful way to train.

Mediocre rune saving ability, that's lousier than the FoG robes? Assuming that no one uses it for combat purposes, you'll be using it for skiller spells. I rather save water and/or earth runes constantly than use this.

I thought the FoG experience with rune saving equipment would have been a good lesson. The FoG robes gets a shortened recharge time, but here comes a staff that would require fixing months after the update. Which reminds me that the BA improvements news can be summarised as whip colour variation + SC tool for a few more skills.

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

I find it endlessly boring that all the arrogant players get on thier high horse and trash any weapon that can't be more persistnatly useful than whip and gs. Despite the fact most of them all moan about max hits being too high.

Yes some new stuff might not be of use to YOU, but it doesn't render it useless. The Tridents special attack is quite popular among lower levels for the 1 hitting monsters or taking 1/3 of a players hp off in one hit. And like I said the rune saving ability is a step in the right direction for some future mage equipment.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

[hide=]

Correction. New weapons that actually serves a decent purpose, whether for high levels or low levels. The trident is just neither here nor there.

The trident:

+17 magic attack bonus? Great.

+17 bonus but deny you of another magic boosting item, or a defence item at least, in the shield slot? Bad.

No magic damage boost, not even 5%, if 10% seems overpowered, in addition to the above? Worse.

A melee special attack for a magic staff that requires melee distance? Worst. Unless you consider training melee using a staff as a wonderful way to train.

Mediocre rune saving ability, that's lousier than the FoG robes? Assuming that no one uses it for combat purposes, you'll be using it for skiller spells. I rather save water and/or earth runes constantly than use this.

I thought the FoG experience with rune saving equipment would have been a good lesson. The FoG robes gets a shortened recharge time, but here comes a staff that would require fixing months after the update. Which reminds me that the BA improvements news can be summarised as whip colour variation + SC tool for a few more skills.

[/hide]

They can't bring in "decent" weapons every game. We have Godswords, Claws, Whips, and everything in between. There are repercussions for bringing in new items to the game, as seen with all of these. The whip obviously changed everything in Runescape-faster experience rates, harder and faster kills, etc. Just because a few users are bored with what is being offered currently does not mean we need new weapons.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

I find it endlessly boring that all the arrogant players get on thier high horse and trash any weapon that can't be more persistnatly useful than whip and gs. Despite the fact most of them all moan about max hits being too high.

Yes some new stuff might not be of use to YOU, but it doesn't render it useless. The Tridents special attack is quite popular among lower levels for the 1 hitting monsters or taking 1/3 of a players hp off in one hit. And like I said the rune saving ability is a step in the right direction for some future mage equipment.

You're trying to hard to defend the item. A special attack that has a 'chance' to 1-hit KO as a spec weapon? A bar of 4 DDS specs can easily outperform that, unless you don't have 60 attack and the quest to wield a DDS. And you're talking about a staff that requires 70 Magic to wield, I'm not sure if players with that level would consider the trident at all. If it's just a 1 hand-17 attack bonus-10% damage bonus-staff without the special attack and rune saving ability, it would have been a decent alternative to other staves and a weapon that fills a niche in the game (between Ancient and Ahrims staff).

It takes quite a bit of effort to get the staff too.

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

Thanks for the whip info' peeps :thumbsup: Maybe the (temporary) price hike was because the fashionistas amongst us wanted one of each colour to suit a partcular cape, so demand went up a bit.

As for speedy weps, the whip is good for attack and defence training and of course the Sara Sword matches it for speed and gives us an equal for strength training. I'm yet to handle a trident......

IOM I like the new whip colours. Perhaps a little contrived of JaGex to get ppl playing BA again but fairy-nuff, the whips have never been 'that' impressive to look at before now - hence the regular tweeks in appearance.

Rozanante.png

Rozanante.png

Still the proud owner of Quest Cape since 8th December 2007

All skills used to be 70 or higher. (Dang you Dungeoneering. Oh wait, it's not a skill...)

Drops: Whips 8, Black Mask 8, D/Skirt 1, D/Spear 1, D/Shield Left Half 1, D/Boots 12, G/Maul 4, Range Ammy 1, Hexcrest 1.

Too bad trident special 1-hit is soo rare. I used good over 20 special attacks and never hit above 15, and it far from 1-hit the enemy.

Alot of people don't get the Trident spec right and assume the spec is universal 1 hit.

It has a chance to one hit monsters UNDER LEVEL 50 (excluding bosses (low end quests), summoning familiars, players, or creatures that must be killed a specific way (eg rock slugs))

In PVP it has a chance to remove 1/3 opponents hp.

On the non-pvp spec it has a pretty high success rate from what I've heard, the same with the pvp one though not quite as high (thought pvp is hard to judge unless you know exactly your opponents hp and therefore what 1/3 of it is)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

You're being too picky. We have swords that can two hit even the strongest player, what do you want? Weapons that kill players before they even attack you? Take what Jagex gives you and be happy for once. No everyone is a meleer, a pvper, or a boss hunter. Over the past few years Jagex has focused mainly on pvp and melee and we seem to get a new melee weapon with almost every quest, and you whine when mages get one single update?

You're being too picky. We have swords that can two hit even the strongest player, what do you want? Weapons that kill players before they even attack you? Take what Jagex gives you and be happy for once. No everyone is a meleer, a pvper, or a boss hunter. Over the past few years Jagex has focused mainly on pvp and melee and we seem to get a new melee weapon with almost every quest, and you whine when mages get one single update?

You're missing my point. I'm saying that a weapon, say one that's at level 55, or 65, that fills the gap would have been wayyyyy better.

For example, a melee weapon (or any other class for that matter), level 65 to use, with stats between whip and dragon scimitar, and the reap special attack. Done.

or

A staff with 13 magic attack bonus and requires 65 magic (same as lunar), rune saving ability and 10% damage bonus. Lower than Ahrims staff in accuracy and level requirement, but saves cost (a little).

I never said anything about having a weapon that's better and stronger than all the ones we have now, so do try to read before you post. :roll:

I simply cannot think of any situation that the trident would be useful, perhaps someone can try suggesting?

Zepheras.png

-F1775

Jagex disallowed new potions to be used in PVP, why can't they do that with new weapons?

yes.png

Jagex disallowed new potions to be used in PVP, why can't they do that with new weapons?

I'm pretty sure they are planning to do that with the 80+ armors they are making. I'm not positive, but I think they mentioned it in one of the content Q&As.

Lul, wut?

Where'd you pull that statistic from?

Plenty of people Ive seen with coloured whips have been in combat. My whip is painted and its usually the only weapon I use.

newsigb.png

99 Attack - Done

The colored whips are from the changes to Barbarian assult, with 50 points in any possition in the game, you change your whip color from red to either, green, white, blue or yellow.

Personally, I think the colored whips look rather silly, and I personally will never change the color of my whip. I also dislike barbarian assult, so any other changes really aren't that appealing to me. I can see why people would want it so badly though, it's something new, and a colored whip could look great with some outfits out there.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

I'm pretty sure they are planning to do that with the 80+ armors they are making. I'm not positive, but I think they mentioned it in one of the content Q&As.

You're quite right, here's an excerpt from the Runescape Content Q&A found here: [Link]

Mod Benny: We have a big set of equipment planned that will have level requirements ranging all the way up to 99; however, these will only be available within restricted settings. Releasing more powerful weapons to the entire game would have big consequences for existing content (especially PvP, as youve already pointed out), so we need to have a good look at the whole of combat before we can take items to such powerful levels that they would make

current items obsolete.

I like the coloured whips. I painted mine blue to match my Rune Defender. I'm still waiting for some customisable weapons and armour, with advantages in some situations and disadvantages in others, but for now I'm happy with making my most used weapon a little bit different.

~ W ~

sigzi.png