29-Jan-2010 - RuneScape Machinima Competition 2

Sea_dragon35

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I don't think I'll win or even be a finalist, but I had way too much fun making this.

Wanted to go with a high-paced advertisement akin to body spray and energy drink ads you see on TV with huge amounts of colors and things going on that seem to scream out "OUR PRODUCT MAKES YOU COOL!"

Anyways, not so much a humour factor but more rather trying to sync the video with the audio to give some good cinematic timing and make for a decent advert with the time constraints. Blink and you'll miss it! Hope you guys enjoy~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxtkfcI8tH0

Made another one, not sure which one to submit...

Youtube HD Video - This video will cause high CPU usage, to view the video in a lower quality, please click

The first one, the gradients on those are terrible and that entry isn't really going anywhere :$

Haha youtube commenters beg to differ. I thought this would be an easy decision; now it's getting tough.

As a general warning to everyone, please keep this thread free of malicious content. And please, don't be a jerk and Rick Roll people. It is NOT in the spirit of the competition.

No it's annoying and messed up my internet for a few minutes... Jerk.

Ontopic.. I still haven't laughed at any videos yet. I just don't get machinima.

You don't get real life movies neither? It just the same stuff. Just with more internet humor than needed sometimes, but, all good.

Anyway, today I'ma start on the voices for my entry with a friend. Then off to editing! It feels kinda good to do this again with RuneScape; last time I made RS machinima was years, years ago ha. :razz:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

After 21 excruciating hours (not continuous, obviously! :o), it's finally done!

(It has up to 720p HD, so it's worth clicking the link!)

It took forever to make the fake items, as I did it frame-by-frame (for lack of a better method :/)

It's also my first RS thing done in Vegas, and my first RS thing with voice acting (although I did edit the voices significantly, to compensate for microphone quality, make the characters sound more adult, and in the case of scene 3, to comedic effect :P)

I'm actually pretty annoyed that after making this I saw several machinimas made partially or entirely in 3D editing software. How much freakin' better mine coulda been if I knew how to use them :(

skillgoal99fakingunderb.png

Fake Awards:

flatawardsbox.png

(The large number is the amount of awards I have gotten; only 8 are shown above. Click to see all of them.)

It took forever to make the fake items, as I did it frame-by-frame (for lack of a better method :/)

It's also my first RS thing done in Vegas, and my first RS thing with voice acting (although I did edit the voices significantly, to compensate for microphone quality, make the characters sound more adult, and in the case of scene 3, to comedic effect :P)

I'm actually pretty annoyed that after making this I saw several machinimas made partially or entirely in 3D editing software. How much freakin' better mine coulda been if I knew how to use them :(

Wolfie Mario, once again, you have out done yourself :thumbup:

Elricedward.png
Barrows Items: 1x Dharok's Platelegs, 1x Veracs's Plateskirt, 1x Dharok's Greataxe, 2x Torag's Platelegs, 1x Akrisae's War Mace, 1x Ahrim's Robeskirt, 3x Akrisae's Robetop, 1x Guthan's Warspear, 1x Akrisae's Robeskirt, 1x Torag's Helm, 2x Verac's Brassard, 1x Karil's Pistol Crossbow

Ezkaton and I were throwing around some ideas for a more interesting and perhaps even somewhat offensive number of Machinima ideas. They wouldn't be for the contest, but just something done on the side for fun. One idea I won't go into here, but the other funny one we had was doing a Maury Povich paternity tests on Runescape. :razz:

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

The concept is good, but the voice acting could use some refining. :unsure:

Yeah, I know, none of my irl friends are great voice actors, and I certainly am not either #-o

We also don't have the best of mics, so I suppose audio isn't the strong point of this vid -.-

Wolfie Mario, once again, you have out done yourself :thumbup:

Fake Awards:

flatawardsbox.png

(The large number is the amount of awards I have gotten; only 8 are shown above. Click to see all of them.)

*Still works on video* so many good ones!

When are we going to see it?

Friday, I've decided to advertise summoning (with a small twist) I was debating that or Strykerwyrms.

Be careful, Friday's the deadline! :o

Best of luck |^_^|

Fake Awards:

flatawardsbox.png

I thought Mod Fnord was a girl when I first saw the video. :P

Nice with some future info.

I said in another thread, "Wow, Fnord looks a little butch there. oh, it's a guy. :blink: "

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

who is the sexy beast with the spectral and hot outfit? :S

29bc22o.png

[hide=drops]10 black masks, 39 dragon boots, 21 whip, 9 dark bow, 7 dragon legs, 8 mauls, 3 dragon left half, 2 dragon spear, 2 hexcrest, 1 kbd heads, 10 dragon med, 2 R ammy, 2 granite legs, 1 bandos boots , 1 bandos hilt , 1 bandos chestplate, 1 saradomin sword(ls), 2 dragon claws(ls)(solo)[/hide]

[hide=Viralaether's guide to Mac use]1) take your mac

2) drop it off your roof

3) ??????

4) Profit![/hide]1/7/9 quest cape ||| 5/6/9 all diaries ||| 7/14/9 300 rank MA ||| 4998th to 99 summoning on 2/27/10