which whey shakes do you take?

Faux

what protein shakes do you guys buy? i used to get ON and the double chocolate flavor is win. i couldn't find any deals recently and since ON 5lb tub goes for $65 here, i tried out this brand off costco. regret. it's so watery and the flavor is so bland... $25 cheaper though

100% Whey Protein shakes :) Works pretty good. I use it to gain weight. I've gained about 25 lbs in about 4 months. :) (I was only 110 lbs before started drinking them)

there's a lot of brands that use the 100% Whey label

Balanced diet :thumbsup:

this isn't a supps vs diet debate..

I want to go on Protein shakes, but my parents won't let me...

Instead I get it from things like tuna and nuts. No where near as much protein...

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Balanced diet :thumbsup:

this isn't a supps vs diet debate..

what do you guys buy for protein? i used to get ON and the double chocolate flavor is win. i couldn't find any deals recently and since ON 5lb tub goes for $65 here, i tried out this brand off costco. regret. it's so watery and the flavor is so bland... $25 cheaper though

Nice one mate. That's exactly what I buy for protein. A balanced diet package from my local health food/supplement store.

SoLawny.png

I've decided to start taking supplements in shake form. My friends and I noticed we're already plateau-ing and we aren't advancing as much as we used to, so bring on the protein :mrgreen:

I'll probably start with something whey based, it's what most people I know recommend.

hiccup.png

sorry you failed to understand, i'm talking about whey protein

I'm sorry you failed to clarify in your OP that the topic was ONLY about whey based protein sources and not about what we buy to get our protein.

When I'm provided with protein supplements it is some form of whey protein hydrolysate that tastes like rubbish but it allegedly has the best bioavailability of the lot.

SoLawny.png

• 2 weeks later...

Got a tub of Cyto Gainer (100% Whey protein)

Chocolate power + chocolate milk = :thumbsup:

That's what I use. It's super expensive though.

Yeah, after this tub is done I'm going shopping for the most dirt cheap protein powder out there. My tub is gonna last surprisingly long though - it says it has only 10 servings but that only counts if you use 150g per serving, which I don't, and I only have a shake after my workouts, not 3 times a day. So maybe I'll stick with the Cyto if I like the results, after all.

hiccup.png

Just my perspective, but I put on the most muscle mass during times when I just ate a lot. All this whey protein roid stuff never really did anything.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

• 3 weeks later...

I've actually recently been using the P90X recovery drink formula, and I'm enjoying it.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

• 2 weeks later...

I have tried protein from Trader Joes, Costco, etc. None are good. I also tried the GNC ones: both the regular and the "wheyabolic".

The best, by far, is Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard. It has the best aminos, and the price is great for the ammount of protein + other stuff they pack in there. Every flavor I have had was amazing. Right now I have a tub of the "vanilla ice cream" flavor. It is way better than vanilla alone. I have also had banana, strawberry, and cookies and cream. They are all grand.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

I just use whatever was on sale at Costco.

Taste doesn't matter much to me because I generally make shakes with berries, coconut, etc....

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.