Iron Dragons O.o

Themooingcow666

Ok so my stats are in my sig, but what i was wondering is, is my task of about 50-60 iron dragons, worth it? or should i skip it? i only have 76 points so i can't never do it for now. And are the drops good? Thank you :)

You can try maging them, using chaos gauntlets and fire bolt.

Ok so my stats are in my sig, but what i was wondering is, is my task of about 50-60 iron dragons, worth it? or should i skip it? i only have 76 points so i can't never do it for now. And are the drops good? Thank you :)

The sad thing is i don't know ANYTHING about mage lol, i got it all up in F2P by superheating and hi-alching :(

But my melee eqp is

Black mask

Torags body

Torags legs

Amulet of Glory

Combat Bracelet

Ring of wealth/ ring of life

Abyssal whip/ dragon scimmy

Dragon boots

and idk what shield i should use, anit-dragonfire or tokthz (i heard i could do antifire pots? how long do those last?)

Themooingcow.png

The sad thing is i don't know ANYTHING about mage lol, i got it all up in F2P by superheating and hi-alching :(

But my melee eqp is

Black mask

Torags body

Torags legs

Amulet of Glory

Combat Bracelet

Dragon boots

and idk what shield i should use, anit-dragonfire or tokthz (i heard i could do antifire pots? how long do those last?)

If you melee you should pray prot melee and wear prossy, though at those stats you will probably spend a lot of money on pray pots. Mage and range don't require prayer pots though, so you should probably look into that.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

But my melee eqp is

Black mask

Torags body

Torags legs

Amulet of Glory

Combat Bracelet

Dragon boots

If you melee you should pray prot melee and wear prossy, though at those stats you will probably spend a lot of money on pray pots. Mage and range don't require prayer pots though, so you should probably look into that.

Your stats arent really that good for you to be able to melee them, so if you want to try mage, the main page has a guide to maging them, you will need to bring an anti fire shield and yes anti fire pots you should bring as well. A quick run down would be to buy either full mystic or ahrims, and runes for fire bolt, and complete the quest Family Crest if you havent already to get the chaos gloves, which make you hit harder with bolt spells... then get to brimhaven drink a dose of anti fire and mage away

imo those stats are a waste of time to do iron or any metal dragons no offense. I myself have 91 slayer, taken a break maybe go back into it. Id recommend ranging them limited supplies needed for such, but your gonna hit [cabbage] on them and take you 3 yrs to do the task. and if you ran into me, im 135 full bandos, slayer helm, d boots, fc, fury, z ring, and a bgs. I'd most likely care little for you, taking any kills from you and your slow rate of killing would annoy me, most likely id steal your kills, and camp your spawns. i can also say many 130+ going for the slayer cape would do the same. although all going for the slayer cape would be using kuradels dungeon. not brimmy. either way if you mage them highly expensive in cost for rune's and gear. melee highly expensive at your lvls. range would do the best as you only need range gear such as karils blk d'hide. imo only range armour in game worth it is armadyl, but i don't your funds could buy. even so you just need a anti dragon shield and antifre sip the pot last around 5mins re sip pot and countinue, its slow and boring and tkae you for ever but it is your best option cost effectly to kill the iron at your task, as long as you didn't run into someoen like me who would make your task hell.

zeldasfirebz6.png

^ let's try not to be a stereotypical high level K?

Anyways, I personally have only ever ranged metal dragons, bascially just wear your highest range items, with an anti-dragon shield and anti-fire pots.

You'd need a range pot to do any worth while dammage at your level, honestly, I would really reccomend 70+ range for irons.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Your stats are not high enough (no offence here) to melee them. Even with my stats I don't melee.

Using range is your best option, if you lack the knowledge of maging. Range is cheaper too. Just use at least mith bolts, addy preferred.

I myself used broad bolts, and it felt like addy bolts hitted harder and more often.

Fremmy archer helmet

Best dhide you can wear

Amulet of glory/fury

snakeskin boots/robin hood boots thingies

rune crossbow

mith bolts/addy bolts/broad bolts

Accumulator

RoW

anti fire shield (a must, don't forget).

In iventory you should get 2 range pots, just in case, enough anti fires (anti fire + anti fire shield = NO damage).

Maybe some food if a dragon melees you 1 or 2 times (they can hit pretty hard). Just bring 2 or 3.

Don't expect a quick task here, these guys can take quiet a while to kill. But you get enough charms, some coins, runes too.

So the drops are OK.

"We had gay burglars the other night. They broke in and rearranged the furniture."

Umoria.png

imo those stats are a waste of time to do iron or any metal dragons no offense. I myself have 91 slayer, taken a break maybe go back into it. Id recommend ranging them limited supplies needed for such, but your gonna hit [cabbage] on them and take you 3 yrs to do the task. and if you ran into me, im 135 full bandos, slayer helm, d boots, fc, fury, z ring, and a bgs. I'd most likely care little for you, taking any kills from you and your slow rate of killing would annoy me, most likely id steal your kills, and camp your spawns. i can also say many 130+ going for the slayer cape would do the same. although all going for the slayer cape would be using kuradels dungeon. not brimmy. either way if you mage them highly expensive in cost for rune's and gear. melee highly expensive at your lvls. range would do the best as you only need range gear such as karils blk d'hide. imo only range armour in game worth it is armadyl, but i don't your funds could buy. even so you just need a anti dragon shield and antifre sip the pot last around 5mins re sip pot and countinue, its slow and boring and tkae you for ever but it is your best option cost effectly to kill the iron at your task, as long as you didn't run into someoen like me who would make your task hell.

Apparently someone never noticed that the dungeon is single combat, which means you can't steal a kill from someone once they've started fighting a dragon. I've never seen the place so crowded that this would be a problem, especially since Jagex added the new areas for killing metals.

Kidd_Varrow.png

spacespider.png

Looking at your stats, maging them seems the best way to go!

Equip:

- farseer helm

- mystic robe bottom

- mystic robe top

- Recipe for disaster gloves or Infinity/mystic (chaos gauntlet if you have done the quest)

- Infinity boots or mystic

- Ring of wealth or seers rings (might want to bring ring of life though first time around)

- Air or fire staff depending on runes available to you

- anti-fire shield

Invent:

- 1 or 2 sharks (anti fire might run out - you might get meleed for a couple hits), baskets of strawberries can replace those

- 8 anti fire potion (4)

- 1 familiar (beast of burden) pouch to bank bones of the last kills

- runes of your choice (chaos if you plan on using chaos gauntlet)

- hi alching runes

- slayer gem or ring

Have fun, these will get easier everytime you get a level, don't give up!

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

WOW are for real.

Opthsis.png

Chaos runes are quite cheap ATM. I'd mage. Use the mage setups others have suggested, and chaos gauntlets.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Honestly id just skip, really with your stats it will take to long u can make points back by doing other tasks in the time it will take you. Not trying to put u down about lower stats but i was those stats to and i tried doing them, it just doesnt work.

In other words: We got a ban hammer in varrock mines. It's jackin yo [censor] bots, slappin yo macros up, tryna ban em, so ya'll need to hide yo scripts, hide yo clicks, and hide yo logs cause they bannin errbody up in here.

8.jpg

Well, i hate skipping tasks so I never advise that. I mean no offense, but i would not expect you to be rich enough to buy the most expensive gear. Here is a list of affordable gear that you could take.

Farseer Helm

Mystic robe top

Mystic robe bottom

Amulet of Glory

Chaos Gauntlets (family crest quest)

Mystic boots

Antidragonfire Shield

Air Staff (or fire staff, but fire runes are dirt cheap compared to airs)

Ring of wealth, or seers ring if you have some spare cash and want to speed up kills.

pere_grin.png

Sorry to be off topic, but this is the most arrogant post I've ever seen on TIF.

Sorry to be off topic, but this is the most arrogant post I've ever seen on TIF.

haha i thought so too, but i changed my tasks and canceled them because i did a little more research and realized i wouldn't be able to at my current levels haha. i instead got i think bloodvelds :)

Themooingcow.png

Wow, this gave like no help to the OP :roll:

The best advice I can give to you is to try out ranging and maging and see which one works better for you. I personally like maging them. Since I am higher combat now though, meleeing is a lot faster. Like someone said above, use chaos gauntlets and give it a try. I really wouldn't cancel them if I were you. :razz:

http://sign.tip.it/1/6/24/304/lady_scm.png

Drops/Clue Finds:

Shield left half: 1,Dragon plateskirt: 1, Warrior's Helm: 1, Obsidian Cape: 1, Robin Hood Hat: 1, Dragon Platelegs: 1, Dragon Boots: 4, Amulet of Ranging: 1

Skip them mate, I know it sounds like a waste of points but eventually u will stack the points up like me and just spend em on runes all the time.

I got all melee skills +90 and I still range em coz I don't waste p pots that way.

Just be patient and go for the easier tasks till yer cb skills are upped :)

Good luck!

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)

and if you ran into me, im 135 full bandos, slayer helm, d boots, fc, fury, z ring, and a bgs. I'd most likely care little for you, taking any kills from you and your slow rate of killing would annoy me, most likely id steal your kills, and camp your spawns. i can also say many 130+ going for the slayer cape would do the same. although all going for the slayer cape would be using kuradels dungeon. not brimmy. either way if you mage them highly expensive in cost for rune's and gear. melee highly expensive at your lvls. range would do the best as you only need range gear such as karils blk d'hide. imo only range armour in game worth it is armadyl, but i don't your funds could buy. even so you just need a anti dragon shield and antifre sip the pot last around 5mins re sip pot and countinue, its slow and boring and tkae you for ever but it is your best option cost effectly to kill the iron at your task, as long as you didn't run into someoen like me who would make your task hell.

You're combat lvl is 135? on which account? based on your stats, you're only a 128. I haven't seen a more arrogant semi-high level player than you. Talking about taking kils from another player without even realizing that it's a single combat dungeon and you wouldn't be able to "take" a kill.

There are lot of iron drags there and it really wouldn't bother me if he basically camps out on 1 of them. So speaks for yourself when you talk about other 130+ players. I never did it on my way to slayer cape and will not do it now.

To the OP, range the iron drags if you really want to do this task and don't worry about what this guy is saying.

aglipoy.png

Apparently someone never noticed that the dungeon is single combat, which means you can't steal a kill from someone once they've started fighting a dragon. I've never seen the place so crowded that this would be a problem, especially since Jagex added the new areas for killing metals.

lol you dumb? there ways to engage the irons, before he does. atm i have a steel dragon task. Maybe id go right now to mess with the newbs. ever here of using a dfs's charges to attack them? but with my herblore i don't use a dfs and whip. but there still ways that ill engage the dragons b4 others do. and I view it like this don't got gear or lvls to kill the dragons don't go and waste people time with you taking 10mins to kill one. But that why I don't go there to many poor newbs farming the dragons with 70 range in black d'hide for a visage they will nvr get. and even with kuradel's dungeon i would just go to the ice fortress in lvl 50 wild before i set foot in the noob ridden infestation.

zeldasfirebz6.png

and if you ran into me, im 135 full bandos, slayer helm, d boots, fc, fury, z ring, and a bgs. I'd most likely care little for you, taking any kills from you and your slow rate of killing would annoy me, most likely id steal your kills, and camp your spawns. i can also say many 130+ going for the slayer cape would do the same. although all going for the slayer cape would be using kuradels dungeon. not brimmy. either way if you mage them highly expensive in cost for rune's and gear. melee highly expensive at your lvls. range would do the best as you only need range gear such as karils blk d'hide. imo only range armour in game worth it is armadyl, but i don't your funds could buy. even so you just need a anti dragon shield and antifre sip the pot last around 5mins re sip pot and countinue, its slow and boring and tkae you for ever but it is your best option cost effectly to kill the iron at your task, as long as you didn't run into someoen like me who would make your task hell.

You're combat lvl is 135? on which account? based on your stats, you're only a 128. I haven't seen a more arrogant semi-high level player than you. Talking about taking kils from another player without even realizing that it's a single combat dungeon and you wouldn't be able to "take" a kill.

There are lot of iron drags there and it really wouldn't bother me if he basically camps out on 1 of them. So speaks for yourself when you talk about other 130+ players. I never did it on my way to slayer cape and will not do it now.

To the OP, range the iron drags if you really want to do this task and don't worry about what this guy is saying.

lol? 128 is the from the account in my Signature that was In dark slayers? Because i have 5 120+ accounts in f2p. RobL0vesEMMa is the account i was referring to. Zeldasfire is my 122/128 thank you captain obvious. Why not look at my Rsn that is displayed on the forum. My other 120+ being bleach3212 RSSRocky Jhoviceman Zeldasfire. and you say you can't steal kills? you deny that you can attack a dragon b4 he gets to it and spawn camp the dragons forceing him to leave?

zeldasfirebz6.png

lol? 128 is the from the account in my Signature that was In dark slayers? Because i have 5 120+ accounts in f2p. RobL0vesEMMa is the account i was referring to. Zeldasfire is my 122/128 thank you captain obvious. Why not look at my Rsn that is displayed on the forum. My other 120+ being bleach3212 RSSRocky Jhoviceman Zeldasfire. and you say you can't steal kills? you deny that you can attack a dragon b4 he gets to it and spawn camp the dragons forceing him to leave?

By stealing kills he thought you meant doing more damage than the other player thereby getting the drop, not just camping his spawns. And even if you did that, there are what, 4 irons in Kuradal's Dungeon all within a single screen? If you started killing the closest one he'd just find another one in a few seconds. Just being a higher level does not give you permission to be rude or arrogant to other players.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots