My Dad is an [wagon]

RSBDavid

SO here is my situation. I am 18, I am a freshmen in college, I have straight A;s, I have a job, I pay for the internet, I pay half of the families electric bill, I pay for my college. My dad will not allow me to play any shooter game. I have talked to him and he thinks it has made me aggressive. Hell, Runescape made me more angry then any FPS game. Even neopets made me angry. What should I do.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

If you're 18 you can officially screw his rules.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

You should move out. Sorry mate, but despite all that you do, it's his name on the deed, and what he says goes. Or you can try and reason, like that ever works.

Although, how is it that he can "not let" you? You're old enough to buy, have the income to do so....wherein lies the problem?

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

If you're 18 you can officially screw his rules.

Yea..

Fight fire with fire. Since you pay for the internet. Move the router into your room, and disable all mac addresses but your own from connecting to it. If there's more than you two in the house.. that should prove to be interesting :) Also start turning off appliances you don't use while others (especially your dad) are using them citing that you are "keeping your half of the electricity bill down".

Yes I'm a bastard about it. But if he wont listen to reason.. at least do the router restriction.

SO here is my situation. I am 18, I am a freshmen in college, I have straight A;s, I have a job, I pay for the internet, I pay half of the families electric bill, I pay for my college. My dad will not allow me to play any shooter game. I have talked to him and he thinks it has made me aggressive. Hell, Runescape made me more angry then any FPS game. Even neopets made me angry. What should I do.

i live at home and my daddy won't let me play CoD please help internet what do i do

Move out you git, not much else you can do. And stop paying for [cabbage] if you can't use it.

Also, straight A's and you don't grasp basic grammar. Something is amiss here!

2009rb9.jpg

i live at home and my daddy won't let me play CoD please help internet what do i do

Move out you git, not much else you can do. And stop paying for [cabbage] if you can't use it.

Also, straight A's and you don't grasp basic grammar. Something is amiss here!

Ease up mein Grammar Fuhrer, it's the internet.

I agree though, if you're paying for it, he can't stop you from using it. I don't know how much of an option moving out is to you though.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

I can't afford to move out. I would have to get a second job or apply for a student loan and it is my goal to stay debt free as long as possible. I changed the router setting to only allow my mac address. But it is retarted. It is not like I am going to go shoot up my school or go kill people or anything. I like to play fps's with my friends from where I used to live as well as people over the internet. It keeps me busy.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

If your paying for the internet etc. and your 18 he cant really stop you, just buy them and dont tell him..

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Then don't play them. I was grounded when I was 18 (was actually grounded the months before and after my 18th birthday) and I suffered through it because I was still living at home. At this point you can move out and do whatever you wish, or stay there and not play FPS.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

you're 18 and you have a job. what are you doing at your dad's?

if I were in your situation, i'd get the hell out of there and live in a house were I can make the rules.

I assume he's American and has a part time job. If this is the case, I'd be very, very surprised if he were able to find a place that he could afford to live in while still paying for school.

You should really try to reason with your dad. He can't totally stop you from playing. If he switches a breaker, move to another outlet. Is he gonna shut the whole house down? One word of advice should you choose to confront and reason with him: DO NOT GET ANGRY. Stay 110% calm and composed. There's nothing more infuriating to a parent than a child confronting his/her rules using reason and logic in a calm, collective manner, especially if that parent is prone to freaking out, like you said your dad is.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

you're 18 and you have a job. what are you doing at your dad's?

if I were in your situation, i'd get the hell out of there and live in a house were I can make the rules.

If it was that frikken easy. :roll:

I like Rick's idea. Fight power with power.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Here's what you do:

buy an FPS. Then play it. You're friggin 18, what's he gonna do, take it away from you? You can easily counter that by "accidentally" not paynig the bills for a month or so. If he kicks you out - so be it. You're 18, and if you weren't paying all those bills and such, you probably WOULD have the money to live on your own. Stick it to the man, man.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I live in the middle of nowhere. What else am I supposed to do? Play bumper tractors with my neighbors who live 2 miles down the road?

Well going outside isn't a bad idea, even if you want to stay in there are still a [cabbage] ton of games that aren't first person shooters. Or if you want to stay inside read a book, it actually might be a good idea to read a good war book with lots of guns and killing to see where your dad is coming from. Now of course there is no harm in playing FPS, but it is simulating killing people and can be disturbing for people who don't understand games.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Even though you're 18, fighting with a parent will get you nowhere (if not into deep s___). I understand that you're angry about the fact that he doesn't allow you to play FPS's, but ask if you can compromise, perhaps something like, 1 week help your dad with something and no FPS playing, the week after you get to play FPS's. The week after, no FPS's and help your dad, the week after you get to play FPS's, etc.

Also, if you show him that you're trustworthy and you can control your emotions well enough to show that you aren't as aggressive as he thinks you are, he might reconsider.

The point is not to go down, it's to go forward.

:thumbup:

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif