What animal your own weight can you beat in barehand combat

das

I could probably take a Galapagos turtle. Hoofed animals generally have almighty kicks, anything with claws/teeth like dogs or large cats would make us bleed to death way before we could kill them. Bear or other primates our size all have much more muscle power than us so would easily dominate us. We have evolved over the last few thousand years to be weak and rely on our technology.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could probably take a Galapagos turtle. Hoofed animals generally have almighty kicks, anything with claws/teeth like dogs or large cats would make us bleed to death way before we could kill them. Bear or other primates our size all have much more muscle power than us so would easily dominate us. We have evolved over the last few thousand years to be weak and rely on our technology.

Heh, Humans. We are great survivors, with the brain roughly 6 times bigger than need be. This is why the human race has 'technology', because our ability to understand and learn science is what seperates us from the other animals. With a sword or some form of weapon, humans can fight animals many times bigger than themselves. This thread just shows how weak the human race is without any form of weapons.

With correct training, a human can easily take out cows and perhaps a bear. Hmm.

Well, as a 90kg trained tennis player, 189cm, competing on a national level, come to strength and speed, I don't think I'd stand a chance against any "real" contenders. Yes, baby elephat, baby giraffe, baby pretty much anything because I have life experience. The question frames all the situations in which humans have advantages: hunting/tracking over looooong distances, few creatures (except dogs etc.) can outrun us in a marathon, let alone longer chases. We can bring water, where other animals will be fatigued out of dehydration.

without mental determination or endurance as a factor, humans don't stand a chance.

Well, as a 90kg trained tennis player, 189cm, competing on a national level, come to strength and speed, I don't think I'd stand a chance against any "real" contenders. Yes, baby elephat, baby giraffe, baby pretty much anything because I have life experience. The question frames all the situations in which humans have advantages: hunting/tracking over looooong distances, few creatures (except dogs etc.) can outrun us in a marathon, let alone longer chases. We can bring water, where other animals will be fatigued out of dehydration.

without mental determination or endurance as a factor, humans don't stand a chance.

Are you kidding? I can't think of any wild animal that I can outrun without the use of some sort of trapping device.

As for myself, maybe something very slow like a turtle I could handle.

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

Heh, Humans. We are great survivors, with the brain roughly 6 times bigger than need be. This is why the human race has 'technology', because our ability to understand and learn science is what seperates us from the other animals. With a sword or some form of weapon, humans can fight animals many times bigger than themselves. This thread just shows how weak the human race is without any form of weapons.

I've heard humans described as glass cannons because of that. With technology we can destroy the world several times over. However, we have no natural weapons or defence mechanisms. and most other organisms can kill us.

Ooh, I know, a 100 pound slug. It'd be huge, but all I'd have to do is touch it and it'd recoil in a combination of burning pain and horror. Kinda like the last girl I asked out.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Are you kidding? I can't think of any wild animal that I can outrun without the use of some sort of trapping device.

I, and the peopls of 2 million years ago who survived and prospered, disagree. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persistence_hunting http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cursorial_hunting

Wikipedia is no tth ebest source, but it's a general overview on how humans could hunt without the stone tools and technology that this topic suggests we don't have. Basically, in every situation where "we kill the exhaused animal with a spear" we could continue the hunt a little longer, and kill the creature with bear hands, because it's that exhaused.

I'd have to find where I read it to give you the source on it, but humans are apparently rather good long distance runners. I'm talking really long distances too. Ever heard of an ultramarathon? One of the biggest ones is the Primal Quest Expedition Adventure Race, it lasts up to 10 days and spans over 400 miles. It's held in Utah and athletes don't stop to sleep. It's not just running either, they also cycle, kayak, rappel through canyons, swim in whitewater, ride horses and even do a bit of rock climbing.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Lets be honest though, you're probably never going to be running a marathon against a rabid animal to see who gets to live :lol:

well, i could do a half-marathon in about 1h 27 mins, so i'd say i actually stood a pretty good chance in warm weather... At that point I think mental determination, and the animal's fatigue would kick in, and i'd be at an advantage. when trying to save your life, i think that'd be a pretty good bet if you're in shape

Still, it doesn't matter if you can out run them over 13 miles, it matters if you can get away in the first few hundred meters. I'm just saying, long distance running skill isn't going to be the thing that saves you in an animal attack.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

Still, it doesn't matter if you can out run them over 13 miles, it matters if you can get away in the first few hundred meters. I'm just saying, long distance running skill isn't going to be the thing that saves you in an animal attack.

that's where the beauty of the human mind, feints and strategic running come into place. Dogs are too agile (and not my size so it doesn't matter), but with angry cattle I've gotten away before... the assumption is that a "rabid" animal will continue their attack, even after initial failure, that's when humans gain advantage.

It's a little touch and go, but i think it's our general best bet. look at the manipulation you can perform in bull-fighting.

I wonder if in a bad enough situation, somebody could pull out one of their bones to use as a club. I don't know if I could even in the face of death, but it might work.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I weigh about 185 pounds so I think any animal my size that really wanted to is gonna take care of me. But, I usually carry a knife with me so I doubt I'll get stuck in this predicament any time soon. I'll stab whatever it is, repeatedly.

I weigh about 185 pounds so I think any animal my size that really wanted to is gonna take care of me. But, I usually carry a knife with me so I doubt I'll get stuck in this predicament any time soon. I'll stab whatever it is, repeatedly.

Did you even read the first post of this thread? Having a weapon would give you an instant advantage, barehand combat wise... not so much. I think unless the rabid animal is slow or simply stupid, anything your own weight will be a challenge.

I think I could take on say, a wild angry boar or something. Just kick it loads >.>

Did you even read the first post of this thread? Having a weapon would give you an instant advantage, barehand combat wise... not so much. I think unless the rabid animal is slow or simply stupid, anything your own weight will be a challenge.

I think I could take on say, a wild angry boar or something. Just kick it loads >.>

Actually I did read the first post and that's where the part of my post comes in saying 'any full grown animal of my size that wants to kill me, probably is going to' I then proceeded to say I have a knife on me 9 times out of 10 so I think i'm good. [bleep].

Actually I did read the first post and that's where the part of my post comes in saying 'any full grown animal of my size that wants to kill me, probably is going to' I then proceeded to say I have a knife on me 9 times out of 10 so I think i'm good. [bleep].

If you did read the first post you know know that you are naked and have no weapons. Anyone who has something like a knife could maybe dodge a couple of attacks, lunge, and stab.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg