What animal your own weight can you beat in barehand combat

das

A large tortoise. (See, I said the one which I WOULDN'T have to fight underwater.)

It would be evry slow, so I could simply run around behind it and grab its leg. Then once it's flipped over, I could stomp it to death.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a stupid question... Why? Because our weapon as humans is our Brain and a weapon like a knife is a result of our Brain. To put us against a wild animal and saying that we are naked and have nothing to use as a makeshift weapon is like saying a Lion can not use it's teeth or claws, or that a bull can not use it's horns.

EDIT: I was just think that we as humans don’t need weapons to take down an animal, we as humans because of our brains can take down ANY animal no matter the size or strength. The answer is Marshal Arts. A Ninja could one hit kill a fully grown bear with one hit to the chest. A fully trained person in the Marshal Arts could snap a lions neck while it is in mid air of a pounce… When I say fully trained I mean like those monks in China and such.

Animals aint got nothing on Humans.

That is a stupid question... Why? Because our weapon as humans is our Brain and a weapon like a knife is a result of our Brain. To put us against a wild animal and saying that we are naked and have nothing to use as a makeshift weapon is like saying a Lion can not use it's teeth or claws, or that a bull can not use it's horns.

EDIT: I was just think that we as humans dont need weapons to take down an animal, we as humans because of our brains can take down ANY animal no matter the size or strength. The answer is Marshal Arts. A Ninja could one hit kill a fully grown bear with one hit to the chest. A fully trained person in the Marshal Arts could snap a lions neck while it is in mid air of a pounce When I say fully trained I mean like those monks in China and such.

Animals aint got nothing on Humans.

That's all fine and all, but imagine one of these:

Grizzly_Attack_NY109.jpg

charging at one of those people. Do you think they would be able to land a perfect kick on this bears chest and kill it. Personally, I kinda doubt it, martial arts weren't really designed to kill animals in the first place, they are meant as a way to defend against/attack other humans. But a bear which is about 2 ft larger than you wouldn't just stop running at you by one hit in the chest, unless you're wearing daggers on your feet, in which case you're breaking the rules (and pretty bad-[wagon] too lol).

I think the best chance I'd have is a crocodile with my weight. They wouldn't be too strong, I guess. If I could somehow go beside it, I can try landing on its back, it wouldn't be able to hit me with its tail because of my position, and I can try incapacitating his head.

Unless anyone of us are masters of any form of combat, I'd say an extreme amount of luck is required in order to win the battle. I'll be honest, if I'm forced to fight a rabid animal my size with no way of escaping, I'd most likely not bother about strategies and start swinging my fists and legs and hope for a hit. It's not like I'd be calm enough to evade it's attacks, ascend its back and start choking the life out of it. Hell, I'd rather punch an animal rather than poke it's eyes.

I think I'd be able to beat a dog and (with alot of luck) a miniature bear my size. Of course if I could cheat and totally be a wuss, I'd fight an overgrown rabbit.

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

Unless anyone of us are masters of any form of combat, I'd say an extreme amount of luck is required in order to win the battle. I'll be honest, if I'm forced to fight a rabid animal my size with no way of escaping, I'd most likely not bother about strategies and start swinging my fists and legs and hope for a hit. It's not like I'd be calm enough to evade it's attacks, ascend its back and start choking the life out of it. Hell, I'd rather punch an animal rather than poke it's eyes.

I think I'd be able to beat a dog and (with alot of luck) a miniature bear my size. Of course if I could cheat and totally be a wuss, I'd fight an overgrown rabbit.

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

There's no way in hell I'm taking on something that's 170lbs. That's, erm, suicide.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

There are very few animals that weigh 150 pounds. Chimpanzee?

Dude...... No....

You don't Smurf around with Chimpanzee's. A chimpanzee would kill the crap out of you.

My Walkthrough and Game Guide

http://forum.tip.it/topic/11294-advertise-your-thing-here-all-posted-elsewhere-removed/page__view__findpost__p__4761261

My Youtube Channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/USDMcat

Latest Announcement:

3-11-11: Both Episodes 1 and 2 of my Borderlands Walkthrough have been uploaded in HD!

^Yeah dood.

To be serious, if there was a 170lb prinny, I could take it on, it has peglegs for legs and a beak. What's it going to do, try to jab me to death?

But yeah, I'd just throw it.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Another human being..... maybe a chimpanzee too.... a malnourished gorilla could probably still whoop me because I read somewhere that they are 6X stronger than a human man in the upper body (not sure if this is pound for pound)

2pzzjb9.jpg

106px-National_Defense_Service_Medal_ribbon.svg.png106px-Navy_Rifle_Marksmanship_Ribbon.svg.png120px-USN_Expert_Pistol_Shot_Ribbon.png

God dammit Seany, STOP SHARING MY MIND

" I believe in something greater than myself. A better world. A world without sin. I'm not going to live there. There's no place for me there... I'm a monster.What I do is evil. I have no illusions about it, but it must be done."

My mass is about 85 KG, but it's muscle. Most animals that size could squash me.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

190lbs... maybe given use of an environment of my choosing, I could win. For instance, a hockey rink + skates (However not allowed to use them as an actual weapon). I would definitely win, gain speed, circle, then dart through and strike. Any around 200lbs I can knock over, and eventually I would get in position that I could grab it in the right way. Plus, as far as I know, no animal around 200lbs has anything other than a nasty bite. Tackle with shoulder into the bottom of the jaw, pick up, slam repeatedly. Eventually, animal succumbs to concussion/broken ribs/crushed larynx.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

190lbs... maybe given use of an environment of my choosing, I could win. For instance, a hockey rink + skates (However not allowed to use them as an actual weapon). I would definitely win, gain speed, circle, then dart through and strike. Any around 200lbs I can knock over, and eventually I would get in position that I could grab it in the right way. Plus, as far as I know, no animal around 200lbs has anything other than a nasty bite. Tackle with shoulder into the bottom of the jaw, pick up, slam repeatedly. Eventually, animal succumbs to concussion/broken ribs/crushed larynx.

It's not very reasonable to pick up a 200-pound animal and "slam it repeatedly". If you tried to do that, you would either strain yourself with the movement, or you would just pick it up incorrectly and end up hurting yourself.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Hmm, when you say barehand combat - Does it count steel-toe capped shoes? The sad thing is - Humans are pathetically weak in barehand combat, the only few 'easy' fights will probably be a shark if he doesn't bite you first. Just ride on it and punch it in the eye, alot.

Any makeshift weapon would completely change the course of the fight. Say, a rock alone would injure an animal with correct aim.

By the way; This thread totally reminds me of this article, #1 guy, the "Godhand"

http://www.cracked.com/article_16449_7-people-from-around-world-with-real-mutant-superpowers_p2.html

(those lazy to click the link)

Superpower: Super-Karate!

Masutatsu Oyama was born in Korea in 1927 and later moved to Japan, where he studied karate. Unlike most famous martial artists, Oyama is not famous for his movie roles, where stunt men and clever editing can make anyone look like a badass.

No, Oyama preferred a different sort of theater. He used to have live public demonstrations where he would fight and kill a bull with his bare hands. Just because it bears repeating, let's write that again: He could kill a bull with his hands. If you want to know how idiotically hard that is, we cordially invite you to go out and punch a bull in the face. Go on, we'll wait here. OK, we're not really waiting since whoever just went out to try that isn't coming back.

All in all, Oyama fought and killed 52 bulls, three of which were killed instantly with one blow. Forty-nine had their horns chopped off with karate blows. He gained the nickname of The Godhand and was considered the living manifestation of the Japanese warrior's maxim "One strike, certain death."

If you're thinking his skills only worked against livestock, you should know that Oyama once tested himself in a kumite, a series of two-minute fights against different opponents, each of which you must win to continue. Oyama took on 300 men over the course of three days. According to some, the only reason it didn't reach 400 was because opponents started to get tired of getting punched in the face.

There have been three movies made based on his life: Champion of Death, Karate Bearfighter, and Karate for Life. That's right, there exists in the world a movie based on an actual man's life that wound up with the title Karate Bearfighter. Why? Because it's probable Oyama actually fought a goddamn bear once, and that bear is buried in a shallow grave covered in dirt and the tears of his relatives as we speak.

Thus we introduce our superhero squad: Super-strong babies flying in jet packs, navigating with surgical precision through the darkest and coldest of nights, tearing your tanks apart with super strength karate blows and eating them, only to fly back up into the air and [cabbage] your own weapons back on top of you.

Good luck sleeping, rest of the world. We hope our maniacal cackling doesn't keep you awake.

a 400 pound whale

:o Are you saying you are 400lbs, and have the ability to defeat a vicious, adult whale in the water with your bare hands?

I just waddle down a hill and roll over it with my hippo-like girth love-handles.

2009rb9.jpg

I don't know why any of you would EVER want to mess around with a chimpanzee......

Didn't you hear about the 200lb chimp that tore off someone's hands, nose, lips, and eyelids, without so much as breaking a sweat?

Chimps ranging from 90-150 pounds are capable of pulling 1200+ pounds! (most 200 lb men could pull 500)

Larger chimpanzee's are capable of pulling even more, and a 200lb Chimp could pull 849 pounds ONE handed! (compared to a Football linebackers 200lb's one handed)

Chimpanzees are not to be messed with, haha

My Walkthrough and Game Guide

http://forum.tip.it/topic/11294-advertise-your-thing-here-all-posted-elsewhere-removed/page__view__findpost__p__4761261

My Youtube Channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/USDMcat

Latest Announcement:

3-11-11: Both Episodes 1 and 2 of my Borderlands Walkthrough have been uploaded in HD!

a 400 pound whale

:o Are you saying you are 400lbs, and have the ability to defeat a vicious, adult whale in the water with your bare hands?

Adult whale, my [wagon]. At 400 lbs it wouldn't have even been born yet. Love handles would be incredibly effective.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

a 400 pound whale

Adult whale, my [wagon]. At 400 lbs it wouldn't have even been born yet. Love handles would be incredibly effective.

Obesity might actually be helpful. Maybe by the time the rabid animal claws through your immense girth and reaches your vital organs it'll be too tired to move and you can sit on it or something...

a 400 pound whale

Obesity might actually be helpful. Maybe by the time the rabid animal claws through your immense girth and reaches your vital organs it'll be too tired to move and you can sit on it or something...

I said adult because that's what the OP specifies. I think if you're a master at Karate or Martial arts you'd stand a chance. The "GodHand" guy was able to defeat 500lb cows, 3/52 with a single blow. Bruce lee's punches reach over 700lbs of force at 1/500 of a second, also stands quite a chance (well, not anymore since he's dead)