Blue Dragons (nooby topic I know)

Ezkaton

I was extremely vexed when I landed myself a 149 blue dragon task from Kuradal...... Just wondering what invo and armour setup I should use. Haven't done a blue dragon task in yonks, actually I don't think I've ever done one. All I've ever done is range some for fun in the Ogre place. Anyhoos, ideal setup and invo and any other advice please?

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Bring 1 antifire, 1 set of sup melee, ferocious ring, antidragon shield, and standard melee set up. You should use tortoise or terrorbird to put in some extra hides/bones. Keep using the ferocious ring to tele back. If you don't have enough rings (like me), use the fairy system. The code is BJQ

Manitstinks.gif

lolud0.pnglol2ni3.png

All I've ever done is range some for fun in the Ogre place.

Don't forget that Blue Dragons are within Kuradel's dungeon and thanks to the new Ancient Cavern fairy ring, banking is a snap.

Banking all my hides and bones, I made 1.2mil from my last Blue Dragons task.

hzvjpwS.gif

Bring 1 antifire, 1 set of sup melee, ferocious ring, antidragon shield, and standard melee set up. You should use tortoise or terrorbird to put in some extra hides/bones. Keep using the ferocious ring to tele back. If you don't have enough rings (like me), use the fairy system. The code is BJQ

This,but pot at bank instead (to save space) and you can avoid using food if you protect melee and bring an house teleport to recharge (or recharge at the monastery)

Blue Dragons are by far the best task pre 83 slayer imo.

Stephleref.png

This,but pot at bank instead (to save space) and you can avoid using food if you protect melee and bring an house teleport to recharge (or recharge at the monastery)

Don't prot melee unless you go in prossy and piety/turmoil. They don't hit that much.

I just range them, so all I need to take is a lunar staff in my inventory, and a BOB for less trips.

This.

There's a convenient safespot on the east wall in the middle of the room. 2 squares that squeeze you between the stalagmites and the wall. If you stand on the southern one (of the two squares), no dragon will be able to get to you.

Bring a BoB (preferably a War Tortoise or Pack Yak) and kill away. I could fill my and my BoB's inventory 3x before it died due to counter. I used 3 Tortoises in total for 165 blue dragons, which boils down to about 1.2M in loot just from the 100% drops. Not to mention the charms, Ferocious rings and Clue Scrolls you might get along the way.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

Don't prot melee unless you go in prossy and piety/turmoil. They don't hit that much.

What i mean is use protect from melee until your prayer runs out instead of just wasting it,they don't hit hard but since i bring tortoise i will need food to kill 20 every trip.

Stephleref.png

Wear melee armor, DFS/anti-fire shield, whip would be the essentials and anti-fire pots.

If you're going to kill Kuradal's blues, pot up in the bank and bring max 4 to 5 monkfish which I doubt you'll even use all of em since you have 99 def. Bring a BOB. You won't need to use prayer protect i can guarantee you. you might want to use your piety to speed up the task. Zanaris bank is close enough that you can run to the bank if you wanna save your fero ring teles.

Since the blues are almost always empty at kuradal's cave, your task will be over before you even know it.

good luck and have fun.

aglipoy.png

Im not a fan of blues because of all the banking.. to speed up the task you could always just kill baby blues in taverly

Some players like to make money while slaying.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Im not a fan of blues because of all the banking.. to speed up the task you could always just kill baby blues in taverly

I realise that but the OP said they werent happy about the task so i was offering an alternative that whilst losing money you get the task over faster to move on to better monsters

2ag9frt.png

I realise that but the OP said they werent happy about the task so i was offering an alternative that whilst losing money you get the task over faster to move on to better monsters

Touché, in light of this, my comment is somewhat innapropriate.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

I used my ardy cape to tele to the monastery for prayer, and then glory to edge to bank. Kuradal ring to get back. Seems a lot faster than the fairy ring, and you get prayer back. (can also use tele tab for this of course).

I don't bring food. I use soulsplit if I have to (but rarely , they drop some food too) and bring one extra prayer dose. I use yak and use scrolls to bank as much bones as I can while filling yak up with hides. I kill around 40 a trip this way. I also use leech str.

I'd range them if I were you, your range is a bit lower than your other Combat stats. Just take the regular range gear; with a focus if you have it, or void. There are a few safespots.