24 Feb 2010 - RuneScape Machinima Contest 2 Poll

Logdotzip

They were all pretty horrible. Although I might be bias because I find the whole idea of machinima in general inartistic and dumb. If I was forced to vote though I'd go with number 8.

edit- 7 and 10 made me die inside

Fabled_Foe.png

26M Crafting XP

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know when the poll closes?

I can't go on Youtube until 8 days later, since my internet will go fast on that day :thumbup:

Elricedward.png
Barrows Items: 1x Dharok's Platelegs, 1x Veracs's Plateskirt, 1x Dharok's Greataxe, 2x Torag's Platelegs, 1x Akrisae's War Mace, 1x Ahrim's Robeskirt, 3x Akrisae's Robetop, 1x Guthan's Warspear, 1x Akrisae's Robeskirt, 1x Torag's Helm, 2x Verac's Brassard, 1x Karil's Pistol Crossbow

To be quite frank, all gave a unique spin of their own, and all were pretty even- meaning one didn't completely stand out above all others.

The ones I liked:

#2- Great use of movement/transition throughout the movie, and the relationship with the words and the backgrounds during the 'wonder, explore, play' clips was very well done. (However, relaxing at the Fishing guild? Every time i've been there has been flaming, but that's my story.)

#5- I've seen these 'Bob' comercials back at home, but this one just made me giggle. "Bob realized that he can improve his performance, and what did he get? A pretty epic Unicorn! *Yo.* :lol:

#7- L-U-M-B-RIDG-E, Lumbridge is the best bay-bee~! <3: I didn't know Lessers were that strong either. :P

#8- RAVE PARTY! :grin: And wow, great use of the Orb of Oculus, felt pretty convincing.

All the rest were good, but these had something neat that I liked.

ZangetsuEchoSigFin.jpg

67/99/120 Invention

I wasnt paying attention much, but I voted for Number 6, if that was the use of the Orb, then that was the right decision.

Gotta love the "safety rap" though :lol:

Elricedward.png
Barrows Items: 1x Dharok's Platelegs, 1x Veracs's Plateskirt, 1x Dharok's Greataxe, 2x Torag's Platelegs, 1x Akrisae's War Mace, 1x Ahrim's Robeskirt, 3x Akrisae's Robetop, 1x Guthan's Warspear, 1x Akrisae's Robeskirt, 1x Torag's Helm, 2x Verac's Brassard, 1x Karil's Pistol Crossbow

[hide]

Son

I am disappoint

The thing about extr'emotes is that it was advertising the emote system but I guess Jagex didn't look through the comments to see that... but I guess it wouldn't have really counted anyways.

Boots of Lightness, sucks about copywritten music.

It would be nice if Jagex would give people that enter a reason as to why they got disqualified, kinda unfair that they don't know why they are disqualified when they put in their best efforts into the video and get knocked out because of the music they chose. Of course they should only do this if its something like that - music or content not allowing the video to get into the competition. We could have seen Pablo remake his Boots of Lightness video to make it into the competition.

Extr'emotes was going to be my #1 pick but didn't make it in

Boots of Lightness was #2 pick, didn't make it in

Wilderness Guardians only made me lol because all I could think of was the recording of His Lordship screaming on Teamspeak (which has become rare, I have a copy of it still though)

Between the choices given I have a feeling #7 will win because it copied the freecreditreport commercials which are popular :rolleyes: I don't like it because its not really original.

Logdotzip's (#2) and EvilYakuza's (#8) were nice, but Logdotzip's was a lot more smooth and the advertisement was actually readable. EvilYakuza's would have been great but the rave scene lasted so long that he had to rush the advertisement.

So I'm going for Logdotzip's #2. Good luck.

[/hide]

Do you mean the soundboard? I think I can still find it somewhere...

EDIT: Got it

Warning, it does contain curses, so enter at your own risk I guess.

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/4021/hislordshipwi1.swf

Not making fun of him, but he can be a bit too...passionate about his clan.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

[hide]

Son

I am disappoint

The thing about extr'emotes is that it was advertising the emote system but I guess Jagex didn't look through the comments to see that... but I guess it wouldn't have really counted anyways.

It would be nice if Jagex would give people that enter a reason as to why they got disqualified, kinda unfair that they don't know why they are disqualified when they put in their best efforts into the video and get knocked out because of the music they chose. Of course they should only do this if its something like that - music or content not allowing the video to get into the competition. We could have seen Pablo remake his Boots of Lightness video to make it into the competition.

Wilderness Guardians only made me lol because all I could think of was the recording of His Lordship screaming on Teamspeak (which has become rare, I have a copy of it still though)

Between the choices given I have a feeling #7 will win because it copied the freecreditreport commercials which are popular :rolleyes: I don't like it because its not really original.

Logdotzip's (#2) and EvilYakuza's (#8) were nice, but Logdotzip's was a lot more smooth and the advertisement was actually readable. EvilYakuza's would have been great but the rave scene lasted so long that he had to rush the advertisement.

[/hide]

Whoever made that needs to open the actionscript and stop sounds playing when another is, but he's a scary guy really, He should go into voice acting though!

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

I'm not voting for any, but i will say that rain in runescape looked very cool in #2. Add that with a day/night cycle like we know Jagex could do and it would be fairly good.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

[hide]

Son

I am disappoint

[/hide]

Whoever made that needs to open the actionscript and stop sounds playing when another is, but he's a scary guy really, He should go into voice acting though!

The soundboard used the original recording. I'll upload it on youtube or something.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

Youtube HD Video - This video will cause high CPU usage, to view the video in a lower quality, please click here.

Made this for fun.

Oh and none of the finalists vids really did it for me, so I didn't vote.

BTW anyone notice how half of them concerned transportation? And only 1 was advertising an actual item? (camel dung)

Youtube HD Video - This video will cause high CPU usage, to view the video in a lower quality, please click here.

Made this for fun.

BTW anyone notice how half of them concerned transportation? And only 1 was advertising an actual item? (camel dung)

advertising an item was not required, just something in runescape

Made this for fun.

advertising an item was not required, just something in runescape

I know, i'm just sayin.

I thought most of them were fairly horrible, and thought that number 2 would win the competition with no contest. I was quite shocked to find out these were the results:

Video 7 19% (6100 votes)

Video 8 18% (5668 votes)

Video 5 13% (4052 votes)

Video 2 12% (3711 votes)

Video 4 11% (3619 votes)

Video 1 10% (3198 votes)

Video 6 8% (2698 votes)

Video 9 4% (1153 votes)

Video 3 4% (1137 votes)

Video 10 3% (855 votes)

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses