24 Feb 2010 - RuneScape Machinima Contest 2 Poll

Logdotzip

Last Friday, we closed the RuneScape Machinima advert competition after receiving literally thousands of entries. Having spent many, many hours reviewing those entries, we've picked ten finalists, which show off the RuneScape community's creative advertising talent. Our job is done; now it's up to you to determine who will win an all-expenses-paid trip to Jagex Games Studio!

To watch the finalists' videos and then vote for your favourite, head over to our YouTube channel

, then over to our latest poll where you can place your vote.

We wish the best of luck to all our finalists, and a huge thanks to everyone who submitted an entry.

Mod Hohbein

RuneScape Community Management

Sorry if this wasn't worth posting. I am fortunate enough to have made it into the finalists. Good luck to whoever else made it, and have fun voting everyone!

P.S. Smellysocks, Santa Claus is in fact real.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Number 8 was the only one I didnt yawn through so I guess it gets my vote, but If I saw any of those on the TV I wouldnt want to go or purchase any of those things haha

I wouldn't buy anything if they used a video of an online game to sell their products. The creaters of those ads have a ton more recourses, just lower your standards a little. :P

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

They all made me yawn..... The only videos I was looking to vote for was either the Extreme Emotes or the Boots of Lightness, seeing as neither of them are there, I'll not vote.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Number 8 was the only one I didnt yawn through so I guess it gets my vote, but If I saw any of those on the TV I wouldnt want to go or purchase any of those things haha

I wouldn't buy anything if they used a video of an online game to sell their products. The creaters of those ads have a ton more recourses, just lower your standards a little. :P

Most had no hook to keep me watching ;) besides, the Wilderness Guardians video was absolutely astounding, yet it didnt make top 10 so..

They all made me yawn..... The only videos I was looking to vote for was either the Extreme Emotes or the Boots of Lightness, seeing as neither of them are there, I'll not vote.

I agree the Extreme Emotes would have got my vote it was interesting and actually refreshing.. I honestly thought it was a clear winner

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Mod Mark has waaaaaay greasy hair. I'll edit this post into something worthwhile once i've cringed my way through them.

OK I like 4 and 9 if i've remembered rightly.. The party in the pub doesn't really advertise anything until like 2 seconds before the end so that's a bit of a fail on the brief tbh.

asrhasrh.jpg

Hi guys!

I got selected for the finalists in the RuneScape Machinima Competition 2010! :D

I would really love it if you guys would vote for Video 1 ^^

I would LOVE a trip to the Jagex HQ!

I can promise everyone a big sack full of brownies, but asking for your contact details would be a breach of the RuneScape rules :P

If you do want to vote for me (Video 1), go to http://services.rune...l/latestpoll.ws , log in, select Video 1 and press Vote :D

I really appreciate it if you vote for me :)

Salutations, and thanks a lot in advance!

~ King of rs14.

newbankofrsyq0.gif

Hi guys!

I got selected for the finalists in the RuneScape Machinima Competition 2010! :D

I would really love it if you guys would vote for Video 2 ^^

I would LOVE a trip to the Jagex HQ!

I can promise everyone a big sack full of brownies, but asking for your contact details would be a breach of the RuneScape rules :P

If you do want to vote for me (Video 2), go to http://services.rune...l/latestpoll.ws , log in, select Video 2 and press Vote :D

I really appreciate it if you vote for me :)

Salutations, and thanks a lot in advance!

~ Logdotzip.

PS: I'm from America, hot dog apple pie baseball, obama overweight california :D

Obvious sarcasm *thumbs up*

Don't beg for votes guys, if you post here and are in the finals.

Voting for the canoe one. I only liked two of them to win and felt that was the better one.

However I think the 'Extreme Emotes' video was 10x than any of them and should won imo. There were a few others that didnt make the top 10 that I liked more than any of those.

My personal favorite was Boots of Lightness, but I believe that since the audio track was copyrighted it may have had a disqualification. Extreme Emotes was a great one to watch but as stated above, it was more of a future feature rather than an existing feature. Out of the current finalists I'm torn between EvilYakuza's "get a maid advert" (love the rave sequence and camera angles) and RuneT00b's "unicorn stallion pouch advert" (love the play on enhancement in RuneScape). As much as we all had our favorites we have to consider that there were over 2k entries. There were bound to be ones that drew less attention and still make it to the finales. While some of the finalists didn't really wow me, I have to say that each was pretty darn original.

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~

Thanks for the great memories folks :).

My personal favorite was Boots of Lightness, but I believe that since the audio track was copyrighted it may have had a disqualification. Extreme Emotes was a great one to watch but as stated above, it was more of a future feature rather than an existing feature. Out of the current finalists I'm torn between EvilYakuza's "get a maid advert" (love the rave sequence and camera angles) and RuneT00b's "unicorn stallion pouch advert" (love the play on enhancement in RuneScape). As much as we all had our favorites we have to consider that there were over 2k entries. There were bound to be ones that drew less attention and still make it to the finales. While some of the finalists didn't really wow me, I have to say that each was pretty darn original.

I'm still sad Extr'Emotes were disqualified. I loved that vid =(

I'm stuck with boots of lightness and ardougne. I'm going with boots of lightness (requires some neat skill to edit like that)

OMG I LOVED number 7.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

I haven't heard of any of the creators so that's good, i voted for number 8, i think it's a clear winner out of the 10. Although i liked the canoe one and the one advertising ardy.

My favourite video by far has been the wilderness clan one though and that wasn't an option :(

Orc.png