Does your clan still actively make and pursue goals?

Kimberly

Well?

I see so many clans that close before giving that final push, that last-ditch effort to achieve all their goals. Why? So many clans opening, getting what looks like a good memberbase, and achieving nothing. Flashes in the pans or slumping into obscurity. Why? I see clans bowing out of fights because they don't want to waste the other party's time because they know they'll lose. Why? Should clans who make goals now, instead of calling them goals, call them a bucket list--the last thing they hope to achieve before they die?

Where has the drive gone to get stronger? Has it died away? Is it the new generation's idea or is it born from an older generation who just really can't be bothered, content with where they're at? It's reflected in everything clans do nowadays, from as small as not fighting, to not challenging themselves, to not pking in the wilderness for extra difficulty...And it's disheartening. I see people complain, "Well it's Jagex's fault, there's not enough worlds!" But if you go out and pk, you'd find it quite empty except for planned fights. I see people say that the focus has moved away from ranking systems, yet the word of propaganda and fansite posted wins are just as intensely pursued as ever. These things are supposedly boring. I see people complain that it's people placing priority in teams rather than in clans, yet they don't turn such laser focused observations on themselves to find out why their members are doing it.

I don't know the reason why. All I know is that this is what it appears to be. Throughout the whole clan community, too, not just isolated to Tip.It.

Does your clan make goals? Better themselves? Do you let your results speak for yourself or do you try to pump people up to reach them? What do you guys to correct this problem? Do you not care, or is it not a problem?

hzvjpwS.gif

We always have goals, though initiative can be somewhat limited at times because many people rely on Gene to save WG every time. He's always been the driving force and motivates WG to take the next step. We don't always accomplish our goals (he's a fail warlord despite his other abilities) but we're always striving to reach our goals.

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

interesting topic. I don't really know in my clan's part since we're trying our best but it's still not enough to make us the best.

kuru72siggy3.png

Retired on: June 30, 2010

Honestly, we are good but we do not have the activity to match it. Therefore, it makes achieving and making goals much more difficult. Many times we pull around 23/~50 man ml. With that kinda ml, I'd hope for atleast 30, but maybe it's that the clan world really is getting to old.

#Solace | Solace Senior Member |

Solace Forums | Solace Memberlist

ankitm.jpg

I'm making a killing here, I think I should be on top of the world just chilling here.

It depends on what type of clan your in. If your in a 100+ clan for combat then you should be making a push to end up being 110+. Some clans make the push to go from pulling 20-30 to 40-50 which is a huge difference. If you are just trying to become more organized then go anywhere from cwa to ffa to pvp.

Does your clan actively make and pursue goals? Yes, goals from cb,pulls, and organization are a huge factor in downfall.

sebesttank.jpg

Solace Member

Silent Ember Warlord

Tko Blitz Trial Member

Condemned Army Member

Some ways yes, my clan pursues goals. The timing i think is far too quickly, i think we rush things especially our combat requirement..

BUT im definetly all for getting the levels because they do help, i just feel bad for the select few

best topic evarrrrrr

Firstly, I joined TPR back when Illusion was slumping and inactive, when Illusion started picking up I obviously focused more on Illusion than TPR. I think TPR eventually closed due to inactivity? Can't remember but I do know I definatly didn't war much with tpr.

With Legacy, last week alone I had atleast 5 wars/events so I decided to leave TKO since I'm enjoying the activity that my clan is providing and would like to do otherstuff than war when my clan isn't doing stuff.

Anywayz as for goals.....

My clan does set goals and we set them every month or we're attempting to now :P. How well we persue these goals vary on the type of the goal. It's more up to the staff to actually promote their members to help achieve these goals imo.

6590ew.jpg

I think it's an effect of the changing landscape in the clanning community, and I wouldn't call it a lack of goals or motivation. Clans just have a different focus now. They aren't seeking the "#1 rank" anymore, because it's not a great position to be in. Look at Vr, for example; at one point they were undisputably the best f2p pking clan, and what did it get them? A crashing/ddosing/spying war that damn near sent half the top 10 clans into a slump, and 100 page flame wars on RSC.

The way I see it clans have taken their "goals" too far in some situations, and what you're seeing now is the resulting backlash of people who miss the community and honor aspects of clans. People who don't feel the need to win at any costs.

sigfinalcopy.jpg

True Ownage Co-Leader

evertonp.jpg

I find that the pursuit of the goal is what makes it so worthwhile. So much so, that the actual completion of the goal doesn't really matter, as it simply cannot live to its built up expectations and hence becomes a let down in a sense.

Here's a nice quote to clarify my jumbled thoughts;

"As I went over to say good-by I saw that expression of bewilderment had come back into Gatsby's face, as though a faint doubt had occurred to him as to the quality of his present happiness. Almost five years! There must have been moments even that afternoon when Daisy tumbled short of his dreams-not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion"(Fitzgerald).

Leader of Nexus

Solace FA

PI6lf.png

http://www.nx-clan.com/

I dont know. EoS always looks for being the best of the best and as that means taking alot of risks, we take them. RSD could be the undisputed #1 atm if they actualy took risks and werent so over-protective and neurotic.

eossig7.gif

Eosleader.gifPROUD EOS RETIRED jfzxvq.pngPROUD TPR OLDSCHOOL

In Prannoy We Trust.

Does your clan make goals? Better themselves? Do you let your results speak for yourself or do you try to pump people up to reach them? What do you guys to correct this problem? Do you not care, or is it not a problem?

As a clan, the staff and I always try to make goals that the clan can strive to. Currently, we have a long term goal which is to have a 120 combat average with a 96 Defence average. We're not far away from either, and we've done a good job getting from the 113 average we was 6 months ago to the 118 we are today, but we realise there are other problems to address so we'll always be making goals and pursuing goals to keep improving as a clan and also as a community to be the best we can be.

When we're approaching a goal, we like to make sure there's enough motivation for people to strive to succeed. We offered things such as free members and a custom signature made just for our members if they reached for example, the most Defence XP in a month. In January there was more motivation when I participated in this challenge and raced with others to 99 Defence to try to make it more fun for everyone. If the goal doesn't go too well however, we do care and take notice, and yes we consider it a problem as we're disadvantaging ourselves if we're constantly lower levels than our opponents. We fix the problem as soon as we can, and get everyone focused on the goal again by making banners and reminding everyone constantly in wars. Even recently we raised our requirements for Future Applicants and set stricter level requirements such as 75 Magic and 85 Defence. We're doing all that's possible to help achieve our goals, because by achieving our goals we give ourselves more potential to be able to perform with bigger, better clans which in the long run, will give us a bigger reputation and help us gain committed members.

So yes, our clan do actively make and persue goals and we value them very highly.

Genesis Leader

Ending Templar & Trial Caller of The Rising

Ex-Leader of Silent Ember - Ex-Leader of True Ownage - Ex-Leader of Legendz

Former Tip.It Clan Community Leader

As a clan, the staff and I always try to make goals that the clan can strive to. Currently, we have a long term goal which is to have a 120 combat average with a 96 Defence average. We're not far away from either, and we've done a good job getting from the 113 average we was 6 months ago to the 118 we are today, but we realise there are other problems to address so we'll always be making goals and pursuing goals to keep improving as a clan and also as a community to be the best we can be.

When we're approaching a goal, we like to make sure there's enough motivation for people to strive to succeed. We offered things such as free members and a custom signature made just for our members if they reached for example, the most Defence XP in a month. In January there was more motivation when I participated in this challenge and raced with others to 99 Defence to try to make it more fun for everyone

The combat average and defence is eally impressive and it's nice to see you've got members that dedicated.

The only problem I see with my clan setting goals is that since we have such a wide variety of players who prefer scaping on their own terms rather than that of another person is the 'pressure' involved in getting a high level stat. This can be even more daunting if for example it's going to be your first 99 and as such we try not to set goals which are too firm.

That said however we have lots of members constantly racing each other in most melee skills and ranged and magic in order to keep themselves entertained while benefitting the clan. I think half the battle is getting people motivated to give up their free time to train and the idea of racing is certainly one of the best motivators out there.

For clans that close I don't think it's a case of the leaders no longer setting goals but rather that the leaders themselves no longer have the motivation. When the going gets tough some people just think it's better off that they give up which shouldn't be the case. All things aside but if they had kept their members entertained right from the start with a strong community, wars and goals then I doubt they'd find themselves in such awkward positions.

Look guys... I absolutely must be a mass baby-seal murderer!

We just want to get better and better. The second goal is to meet every member irl :thumbup:.

damn i like that second goal i could tell those ppl to fall in on me and kill every person we see on the street :rolleyes:

cafq0zh5.gifElite Member of Ascension | hrkot2.gifSenior Member of Silent Ember | 3145bsw.jpgOld School of TPR

unled2hm.png