crystal key

Pepsiguy

ok i got a crystal key from delivering food

im thinking bout selling the key but i dont know wats in the chest

all i know is theres the dragonstone

can anyone tell me wat they got from the chest?

The once was a mexican called pepsi,

Or maybe it's just he had Hep C,

He was a pretty cool bro,

Bros generally are you know,

He hailed from the land of 'taters,

He was known to hate many-a-hater,

He likes a girl named Lacey,

His thoughts about her are kind of racy,

And also his dad likes to [rooster].

Uncut Dragonstone is always dropped and Rune bars, random runes, some coins and a half key may or may not be part of the rewards, though you usually get more than just the Dragonstone.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

i went to it and i got a tooth half of the key

The once was a mexican called pepsi,

Or maybe it's just he had Hep C,

He was a pretty cool bro,

Bros generally are you know,

He hailed from the land of 'taters,

He was known to hate many-a-hater,

He likes a girl named Lacey,

His thoughts about her are kind of racy,

And also his dad likes to [rooster].

I personally always use all the Keys I get on the chest. Sometimes the reward is worth more then the key, sometimes no. Just depends a bit on luck. But being Guarenteed a D stone everytime is nice I think.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Crystal keys arent worth a whole lot so if you get one opening the chest is a good idea.

However 9/10 the key halves are worth more when sold. Each half is about 40k (last i saw anyway) so selling 2 halves = 80kish Which is usually just about more than you get from the chest.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Most of the time, it's just better to sell the key. However, I generally just use it, because there really is some value in gambling, and then calculating my loss/gain.

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.

I got 3 dragonstones and 3 rune bars from the first 2 I ever used, so I always go for the chest. Rune bars or extra d stone is always a nice little bonus. Even the guaranteed d stone still is enough for me to use the keyes.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

There is some pretty strange financial advice in this thread. Here are some prices....

Uncut dragonstone 58.7k

Crystal key 76.0k

Loop half of a key 20.5k

Tooth half of a key 51.7k

To say that a crystal key isn't worth much, or that a single dragonstone makes it worthwhile, isn't really true. If you get a good second from the chest, you'll make a small profit. If you don't, you'll lose up to about 20K.

For a while dragonstones were unbuyable, and I had to use some of my keys that I had stored up. With about 20 keys I ended up with a small loss, on average.

Oh, and spinach rolls....

I collect spinach rolls. ^^ Can't remember how many I've got right now.. at least 20 I think. Curses to the day they made them untradeable and took them away from randoms. :(

You know you can buy those from Beefy Bill in Lumbridge and that traveling guy near the waterfall.

Think the stock is about 10 and they cast 1gp

Schmuall.png

give F2P a penny and they want a dime; give P2P a quarter, they want 100,000 dollars, your car, house, boat, social security number, credit card numbers, drivers license, clothes on your back and everything you ever owned or interacted with ever

I love crystal keys :D I save all them i get till i have like 20 then i will buy some and all the leftovers i need to make a full one :) then i go and open the chests and i actually make a LOT of money from it o.O i get a lot of runes and dragonstones :) and sometimes a lot of rune bars :)

it's just something fun to do :)

Themooingcow.png