SGS vs Enhanced Excalibur

Death123141

The Enhanced Excalibur heals 200 lp, and the SGS heals 50% of what you hit. If you hit over 400 lp with the 2 special attacks, on average, then the godsword is the better option. However, the EE is more useful in places where you need a shield or places where you can't effectively attack something.

well both are very good for healing but the ee also gives you def boost

but if you dont need the boost i would go with the sgs more then the ee

I am Pure I am True I am all Over You...

I am Fear in the Night I am Bringer of Light

Duality64

Level 134

We are the Nightmare, the Chosen Silence

We are the Night

I prefer the EE when ranging, but while meleeing the SGS beats it hands down imo. It not only heals more but also adds a little prayer, allowing you to waste prayer so to speak since it'll be recovered anyways.

Neltak.png

Even with overloads + turmoil and lvl 94 attack, I found that EE > SGS @ mithril dragons, just due to their massive defences.

otherwise I'd say SGS is better for pretty much everything else of lesser defence. Granted I still don't use one.

Naaxi.png

Why you would want an SGS:

-- SGS, on average, heals roughly 60lp/min. = 300lp/5mins, assuming a max hit of ~60. This is more than EE's 200lp/5mins.

-- SGS restores prayer

-- Doesn't have so many level/quest requirements

Why you would want an EE:

-- Cost

-- You don't have to be using melee

-- You don't have to attack anything to heal

-- Doesn't protect over anything useful

-- More reliable

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

I preferred EE for DKS maging, since I didn't have to change off fire surge, and didn't need a spin. Also, since I didn't often use brews, the defense boost was very nice. For slayer, I'd use SGS. The prayer restore is well worth it. SGS is a good GS for slaying a lot, but EE holds its own for just HP.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

EE always gives 200 lp, which good especially for agility, SGS does give more, but the healing is not guaranteed, as you can miss.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

Godsword heals more, but if you need a shield for a slayer task, it isn't much help, or if you only need a smaller amount restored multiple times.

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.