Final Hit - Finishing move animation

BNCBot

From the author of the Right-click Prayer Icon :)

Right-Click Prayer Icon

No pics unfortunately, not sure what to even get a picture of!

So here comes a new idea. A final move, that shows who is the killer of an enemy. Only the person who did the last damage points will do the animation.

This would go everywhere, whenever you kill something. So, for example,

Weapon - Animation

Battleaxes / hatchets - Raises weapon high, fast and powerfully swipes down.

Swords - Impales the monster/enemy

Dagger - Fast cuts to neck/torso, (whatever is appropriate according to Jagex...)

Pickaxe - Smashes through head or side (^^^^)

Anyways, you get the idea. Every real weapon has it's one use that is different then each other. Let's let these final hit animations be those uses.

You can add on, if will_holmes reads this, msg me and you could prob help me with this one again. :thumbsup:

siderow.png

Find something to believe in, and when you do, pass it on.

WHAT, and WHO is trusted, is your choice. What do you trust?

Author of the Right-click Prayer Icon!

http://forum.tip.it/topic/200161-turn-prayer-mode-off-yes-pl0x-update-soon/page__p__3007342__fromsearch__1entry3007342

Logistical flaws due to weapon speeds:

You could of started ur attack with a gs and the game already determined your gonna hit say 100 and monster has 130lp left.

Someone then with a DDS could start their attack and adminster it during ur slow gs attack hitting 30lp.

So ur 100lp hit is then the killing blow.

But it started the animation BEFORE it was determined as the killing blow, what happens here?

Simialr places like soulwars you get looaaaads piled on often hitting lots of low numbers. Say the avatar has 50lp left and 50 people with a whip all hit 1, at the same time. How do you then decide you got the killing blow? They all hit at the exact same time so it went for 50lp to 0lp and died in 1 tick; but it was 50 seperate attacks tht each alone wuld not be a killing hit.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

You could of started ur attack with a gs and the game already determined your gonna hit say 100 and monster has 130lp left.

Someone then with a DDS could start their attack and adminster it during ur slow gs attack hitting 30lp.

But it started the animation BEFORE it was determined as the killing blow, what happens here?

Simialr places like soulwars you get looaaaads piled on often hitting lots of low numbers. Say the avatar has 50lp left and 50 people with a whip all hit 1, at the same time. How do you then decide you got the killing blow? They all hit at the exact same time so it went for 50lp to 0lp and died in 1 tick; but it was 50 seperate attacks tht each alone wuld not be a killing hit.

Honestly, it doesn't matter. It's not a competition, it's an animation that just goes to show that you killed it, or if someone WERE to breach it by attacking faster/slower, then oh well, they'll get it next time. It's just something like the new HP update, and the splash's.

siderow.png

http://forum.tip.it/topic/200161-turn-prayer-mode-off-yes-pl0x-update-soon/page__p__3007342__fromsearch__1entry3007342

Erm my point wasn't its a competition.

It was logistic of how it would work in the two given examples given in 1 the killing blow was begun and calcuated before it'd be the killing blow. So what will the animation system do?

In the second similtaneous attacks all contributed to a killing blow, but none are technically the killing blow. So again what would the animation system do?

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Erm my point wasn't its a competition.

It was logistic of how it would work in the two given examples given in 1 the killing blow was begun and calcuated before it'd be the killing blow. So what will the animation system do?

In the second similtaneous attacks all contributed to a killing blow, but none are technically the killing blow. So again what would the animation system do?

So maybe it could give it to the player that also has done the most damage, only in that circumstance? As much as I like your feedback and everything, this is open to your suggestions too, please feel free to add on or correct anything you see and I can change it.

siderow.png

Is it necessairy? NPCs already have dying animations, I personally do not see any need or have any want for these final hits, due to the fact that there is already death animations in the game. We do not need extra... right.

Luck be a Lady

Oh hi, looks like I've been summoned. It's good to be back.

I'm afraid that although the concept of dealing a dramatic blow at the end of a battle is, well, dramatic, it's going to interrupt the flow of the game when you're dealing with large amounts of weak monsters. If I'm on a slayer task, I don't want to have my character stuck next to a defeated foe when I just want to kill the next one, and if you make them faster or interruptible, you've missed the point. Animations, like whales, only really look impressive when you aren't forced to look at them all the time.

But, if we're dealing with a situation where we are fighting a single large boss monster, or in PvP, where you need to wait around to grab the loot, it works. It shows to others who gets the drop, and would be pretty nice to see your character deal that over the head hatchet blow to a Jade Vine, or a stab to the heart with a DDS to a your nemesis in PvP.

Goddamit, I'm going to have to come up with some descriptions. I'm feeling tired now, but I'll come up with some tomorrow.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

This would be perfect addon for duel arena :thumbup: but ONLY for DA...

incentive for People to fight at the DA...

Support :thumbup:

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

• 2 weeks later...

The first time you see it, it will be interesting.

The100 Millionth time you see it, it will be a disgusting waste of time

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely not in a PvM environment. It would just add to the lag between death and loot, especially when you're up for some serious grinding.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

First example doesn't make sense. Damage is calculated right before your character's attack animation plays, not as the hitsplat apears, as you seem to be thinking. Second example could be dealt with any manner of ways, the easiest being random selection.

Content > graphics, so I do not support the idea. However it does actually seem like something that Jagex would impliment, as they obviously do care about graphics.

quit

• 3 weeks later...

First example doesn't make sense. Damage is calculated right before your character's attack animation plays, not as the hitsplat apears, as you seem to be thinking. Second example could be dealt with any manner of ways, the easiest being random selection.

Content > graphics, so I do not support the idea. However it does actually seem like something that Jagex would impliment, as they obviously do care about graphics.

First example wasn't explained very well. Let me try....

Person A has a GS. Person B has knives. Monster has 130 lp remaining.

Person A starts to swing. His damage is calculated as 100 lp.

However, after the swing starts, but before the swing ends, Person B throws a knife that will hit 30 lp. Person B's splat appears before Person A, simply because of the weapon's speed.

Who gets the final hit?

I agree with Moocky, however. Content>Graphics. I would have more support if the animation was optional-you could turn it off, however I don' t see that as likely, plus whenever Jagex does final attacks, or special attacks, i.e. in quests or wherever, they tend to be pretty lame looking. Cutting off Elvarg's head is an example; it doesn't actually look very cool in game.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Sorry, but i can't see this working well. What if two people hit it at the same time and kill it, for instance? I just see too many glitches, because multiple people could strike the finishing blow. Also, the attack would have to be very quick in order to avoid too many glitches or to annoy people too much, which would mess it up more, or it would be too quick to be worth it.

Plus, what about ranged/mage attacks? Depending on the distance, the damage can be calculated long before the damage strikes. Have you ever been maging something from far away, and have your k0 hit after you've casted your next damage spell, essentially smacking a corpse with magic?

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

• 2 weeks later...

Would be nice, yes. But aesthetic updates such as this don't really do very much in-game, and personally I wouldn't feel too great about Jagex actually spending time to develop this. It's probably a lot of work that serves as a convenience at best on rare occasions (again, outside of aesthetic value).