Egg-streme Management (Easter 2010)

Sutty

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The squirrel ears remind me strangely of Spock ears :P. Just the first thing that popped into my mind for some reason. My most favorite holiday reward of this year was Eek though. You just can't top that arachnid beauty <3...

Eek was last year's Halloween...

Anyway it seems like Jagex is running out of ideas as they are making remakes of old rewards.

joke33.png

archsupportei2.png

My Blog of pure... Uhmm... Well... Something...

Proud owner of Quest Cape, achieved 05.08.2008

29062th to Woodcutting 99, 02.05.2009

Gotta love all the players moaning that the event is 'too hard'...

Seriously? I'm dumb and I did it in 20 mins.

Yeah, I had five people ask me how to make magenta and indigo.

Would someone pleeeeese tell me how to do the management part

What cultures were represented by this event?

What we know so far...

Elf = Anglo-Saxon

Goblin = ?

Man = ?

The elf said that Easter was a period of renewal for them, which is a reference to the Anglo-Saxon pagan holiday. Likewise, the man celebrates Easter by eating a certain type of bread during their festivities. The goblin celebrates Easter with fireworks. Also, the man said that people also light bonfires to celebrate the holiday.

I think the Goblin just represented Goblin culture since I do not know of any culture that makes war cyclically in Easter.

As for the man, he represented definitely a European Christian culture which was either Spanish or Portuguese by the etymology of what he called something, I forget what the object was I believe it was the decorated stick. The reference to eating fish made me think Italian but then I remembered i sette pesci is a Christmas thing, so it could possibly be a Lenten reference.

The squirrel ears remind me strangely of Spock ears :P. Just the first thing that popped into my mind for some reason. My most favorite holiday reward of this year was Eek though. You just can't top that arachnid beauty <3...

Eek was last year's Halloween...

Anyway it seems like Jagex is running out of ideas as they are making remakes of old rewards.

It was technically this year's Halloween event as it is only April and therefore Halloween has not occurred in the year 2010 yet. However, the Halloween that occurred in the last 364 days was in 2009 which was the Eek one, which makes that technically this year's Halloween award.

kaisershami.png

He who wears his morality but as his best garment were better naked... Your daily life is your temple and your religion

btw, the lowest possible score is 286, that's if you get 3 extra resources every turn(takes 6 turns)

387 is the score with 2* extra resources if you know what you're doing.

anyone lower than that got 3 extra resources in 7 turns or got three extra resources at the first two rounds. o.O

[hide]lolk.png[/hide]

that's mine..

EDIT: thanks lowc15 ;)

Wow, this event was bad. First you head to the bunny hole, and become a rabbit to enter, but once you're inside you're normal. Clearly Jagex is not even paying attention to what they recycle. Then you're greeted by the exact same resources that were used last year, and the years before that. All NPC's shared near identical speech patterns. Then you get this TL;DR description that was filled with typos on how to play a minigame.

In the end, I gave up trying to read the directions, and winged it. Beat the management game in 8 turns. Walked over, and saw that the reward was bunny ears, er I mean squirrel ears. Operate them, and see that I have a nice squirrel pet that I an talk to making a mockery out of my level 70 summoning.

All in all. After not having played in months, and coming on or this event. I can say this has confirmed to me Jagex has jumped the shark.

Prism_Swords.png