Egg-streme Management (Easter 2010)

Sutty

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Worst holiday event in a while to be honest, it was pretty much a copy paste of last years event with a distractions and diversions type game thrown in. And the reward is just kind of meh considering the squirrels only stick around for about a minute.

*Sigh* another bad holiday event. The last good Easter event was in '06, ever since the Easter Ring we have gotten: Chicken Suit(garbage), Chocotrice Cape(even bigger garbage), and Easter Carrot (slightly okay). I wish Jagex returned to they're old event style. Whoever is making them these days needs to do better.

What are they going to remake next? The Yo-Yo?

vizardsig-1.png

*Sigh* another bad holiday event. The last good Easter event was in '06, ever since the Easter Ring we have gotten: Chicken Suit(garbage), Chocotrice Cape(even bigger garbage), and Easter Carrot (slightly okay). I wish Jagex returned to they're old event style. Whoever is making them these days needs to do better.

I honestly hope you're not referencing to the tradable drops. If you are, you're completely missing the point of a holiday event.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

What's the extra reward you get for doing it under 15 turns?

This, I managed to get it in 21 turns :P

The Emote from the Ears, 2 Squirrels.

I've done the Event 7 times today :thumbup: It was nice to see what other Countries do & the Goblins, & guy in Lumbridge.

Youtube user name: birdman258 200MCook 200mPrayer MakinWines MyF2pSkillers

Going for Level 99 Magic & Level 99 Smithing!!!

Going for 200M Woodcutting exp!!!!!!!

0346-0077-6360 Mario kart Wii

I hope that you are Reporting the Bots! Please Report Bots.

Finally Jagex made another of the graphically updated Trolls.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

Holiday events aren't what they used to be.. Jagex are putting FAR too much effort into them. They only stay around for 2 weeks so why spend 6 months (*cough* Halloween) working on them? I'd much rather they re-hashed the same event each year, giving chocolate eggs to people around rs, trick or treating etc.

Wake me up when Jagex come through with their promise of an "awesome year", so far it's been worse than last year..

asrhasrh.jpg

The Yo-Yo is the marionette from a christmas event?

bought dark bow trade price and played a few ba waves

darkbow01.png

now im getting mobbed by people either asking if its a glitch or demanding to buy :-P

UZp6G.png

32,606th to 99 magic || 15,388th to 99 dungeoneering || 12,647th to 99 farming

14,792nd to 99 range || 24,954th to 99 herblore

Holiday events aren't what they used to be.. Jagex are putting FAR too much effort into them. They only stay around for 2 weeks so why spend 6 months (*cough* Halloween) working on them? I'd much rather they re-hashed the same event each year, giving chocolate eggs to people around rs, trick or treating etc.

As far as I know, they don't take 6 months to make, but they do start 6 months before the update. Like they said in the recent DevBlog by Mod Raven, with time sensitive projects, it's best to start early and work at a decent pace then start a week before and have to rush it... sounds like me writing an essay, started a week ago, have 4 pages done, and due tomorrow with 4 pages to go. Guess I'm doing an all-nighter.

I didn't really like the squirrel ears, there already are bunny ears, and the squirrel ears are ruining the antique-ness of my bunny ears.

The squirrel ears are so small you hardly notice them, they aren't a threat to your bunny ears at all. Besides, next week everyone will have destroyed their squirrels ears after the initial excitement runs out.

Well that would have been quicker if I didn't think that Cleaned Items + Dirty Oven = Dirty Items.

I like the rewards though, even if the timer is a bit naff. Time to go beat people up with a rubber chicken, although not many people seem to reply in kind :cry:

You'd be surprised, a few people reply to my whacks! :thumbsup:

Returned 10/03/2010 after a two year break.

Filly_Suck.png

My thougts:

Copy paste alot of last year, management part was interesting. Like the reward. Seems like trolls are getting graphically updated, which is about friggin time. Jagex seems to be trying really hard to be politically correct this time, teaching kids about easter in different cultures.

All in all, a decent event for easter, seeing how I've come to expect it to suck ^^

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

As far as I know, they don't take 6 months to make, but they do start 6 months before the update. Like they said in the recent DevBlog by Mod Raven, with time sensitive projects, it's best to start early and work at a decent pace then start a week before and have to rush it... sounds like me writing an essay, started a week ago, have 4 pages done, and due tomorrow with 4 pages to go. Guess I'm doing an all-nighter.

My point still stands. Members of the content team are preoccupied for 6 months working at a snails pace for something which in most cases hangs around for 2 weeks and then dies. I'd much rather them be working at a snails pace on lasting piece of content rather than a pun-filled holiday event that tries to be clever.

asrhasrh.jpg

My point still stands. Members of the content team are preoccupied for 6 months working at a snails pace for something which in most cases hangs around for 2 weeks and then dies. I'd much rather them be working at a snails pace on lasting piece of content rather than a pun-filled holiday event that tries to be clever.

I did not think of the events in that way, but i totally agree with you.

One has to consider the solidarity that goes into this though.

For ages (though this is bound to change) holiday events were the ONE thing F2P looked forward to. As that's all they got (bar a rare few updates). Cutting back on quality of holiday events in favour of (most probably) member updates only a handful will enjoy seems like a massive backhand slap to any F2P'er.

Yes, I am P2P, I'm not pro-F2P, but they deserve their precious punfilled, grandiose contemporary updates.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

Finished the management part in 8 turns, really all you have to do is spend the first 2 turns just getting workers/resources to hire workers, and so long as you don't get too many bad events you should be fine. Fun little event, but hopefully we'll get a more substantial update in the coming few weeks.

insipid_soup.png

Jagex seems to be trying really hard to be politically correct this time, teaching kids about easter in different cultures.

If they were trying to be politically correct they epically failed, the bit about different real life cultural aspects of Easter felt glued on at the last minute to an unrelated piece of dialogue.

I got a skin job to match my ears:

chat.gif

In game, it looks more Vulcan to me than squirrel-like.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours