Egg-streme Management (Easter 2010)

Sutty

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did it in 12 turns and my companion was Fluffy. Not sure what the extra reward is...

Anyways, pretty good event. I liked it mostly because it showed the amazing graphical update of Trolls, which I now can't wait for!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't really like the squirrel ears, there already are bunny ears, and the squirrel ears are ruining the antique-ness of my bunny ears.

If I had it my way, they'd re-release all the non-tradeable holiday items every easter / halloween / christmas like they do with the emotes. I don't give a damn that someone is mad because they can't show off anymore. So you've been playing this game for x number of years (or more accurately, been playing x number of years and showed up to the event; I don't have bunny ears purely because I didn't know about the holiday events back then). Go you. It's a game, who cares.

I finished the event with 12 turns. I would also say that it was a fun event. They usually are for me since I don't really play that much, so I always look forward to the holiday events.

Anyway, as soon as I left and summoned the squirrels, they were sniped by arrows by some people camping around the rabbit hole. It's stupid that you can only summon every 30 minutes.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

I didn't really like the squirrel ears, there already are bunny ears, and the squirrel ears are ruining the antique-ness of my bunny ears.

If I had it my way, they'd re-release all the non-tradeable holiday items every easter / halloween / christmas like they do with the emotes. I don't give a damn that someone is mad because they can't show off anymore. So you've been playing this game for x number of years (or more accurately, been playing x number of years and showed up to the event; I don't have bunny ears purely because I didn't know about the holiday events back then). Go you. It's a game, who cares.

THIS.

Also, I'm not looking forward to doing the event. It sounds frustrating. As I mentioned in another thread, the Halloween event reward is almost guaranteed to be a ring that turns you into a jack-o-lantern.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Getting it in 15 turns seems to be a hit or miss.

Essentially I found best way was:

1) Hire no extra workers

2) Do all repairs urself to not waste work for a turn

3) Focus on 1 recipie at a time. Eg if u got 2 fruit, 2 chocolate n ur doing fruitcake put 2 workers on fruitcake then split the other 3 between fruit and choco gathering

4) keep ur fingers n toes crossed tht u dont get many bad events at end of turn (lose resources) and get many good ones (gain resources)

Took me 14 turns time I did it. after 10 turns I had 7/7 for 2 food items

Actually, just rush out food and hire all 15 workers ASAP, and you can complete it under 10 turns.

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

Y'know...anyone else vaguely disturbed by this 'bonus' reward of summoning squirrels? I know we could summon an Ice Imp, but that wasn't in the pool of summon-able creatures. Squirrels are.

I thought they were doing away with advertising P2P features in F2P? There is no other reason to do such a reward otherwise.

hzvjpwS.gif

How do you repair soemthing without wasting a turn on it?

Sirscrap.png

Click sig for blog ^^

6,627th to 99 fletching

33,986th to 99 attack

4,871st to 99 thieving

Whip drops: 28 / Dark Bows: 7 / Hexcrests: 7 / Focus Sights: 1 / Staffs of Light: 6 / Dragon Chainbodies: 2 (1 KQ Solo 1 Dust Devil)

Not sure what you mean, but I just check the circle next to the machine that requires repairing, which uses up one worker. The rest of the workers can still be assigned to the varioius duties.

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

Not sure what you mean, but I just check the circle next to the machine that requires repairing, which uses up one worker. The rest of the workers can still be assigned to the varioius duties.

Clicking repair is wasting one squirrel-turn, that is, one squirrel a turn.

To do it yourself, and save yourself a single worker point, just X out of the interface, walk over to the malfunctioning machine, and repeat the management microgame for it.

I completed the Factory Management in 9 turns. I basically banked all my workers into making the resources for the first 6 turns and spammed creating the food in the next 3.

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

Getting it in 15 turns seems to be a hit or miss.

Essentially I found best way was:

1) Hire no extra workers

2) Do all repairs urself to not waste work for a turn

3) Focus on 1 recipie at a time. Eg if u got 2 fruit, 2 chocolate n ur doing fruitcake put 2 workers on fruitcake then split the other 3 between fruit and choco gathering

4) keep ur fingers n toes crossed tht u dont get many bad events at end of turn (lose resources) and get many good ones (gain resources)

Took me 14 turns time I did it. after 10 turns I had 7/7 for 2 food items

Actually, just rush out food and hire all 15 workers ASAP, and you can complete it under 10 turns.

14, rather than 15. Every Fifth worker requires an extra pay, and yet only generates one peice of work. So 14 cost 2 per turn whereas 15 cost 3 per turn. However you keep the two resources if you don't make the 15th.

If you're going for the lowest score however, 15 is best.

1yrb49.jpg

Y'know...anyone else vaguely disturbed by this 'bonus' reward of summoning squirrels? I know we could summon an Ice Imp, but that wasn't in the pool of summon-able creatures. Squirrels are.

I thought they were doing away with advertising P2P features in F2P? There is no other reason to do such a reward otherwise.

I think they're trying to find a way to give a pet to free players, and this was the best way they could think of without completely bringing down the free 2 play servers with all of the lag permanent pets would bring in.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Full kudos to the one getting it in 7 turns - i've not been able to beat 8 yet!

Rabbit ears don't look great but I must say i enjoyed and nice touch to have the summonable squirrels.

Not too challenging on the whole but enough there to at least think about and the management game was an interesting new step too. It's just a shame MTK isn't such a straight resource fest or it could have had a little more enjoyment linked in to it a la this...

yon_hibernis.png

Alright Event, don't like the fact they pretty much copy-pasted last years event, but it was alright.

Did the management thing in 11 turns first try.

Hooray for the new troll graphics and NPC dialogue sounds :D

No.png

CLICK THE IMAGE TO GO TRY SHARK ATTACK DANGIT.

[hide]

[hide]901.png[/hide]

Can you beat it?

Yes. If lower is better?

5v9i10.png

Beat ya :)

10sgaxx.png

[/hide]

score.jpg

oh ya? how about this?

Yeah, I manage to get my score down in about 700 something but 12 turns, since I wasn't really paying attention to it while I was assigning workers. I don't know why everyone is complaining about it, its simple and fun this year, unlike the previous few which can take a while. Personally, I also hate thinking too much, maybe that's why I like this even t more, lol. But its a fun holiday event overall. I usually enjoy them, but I also want to do them quickly so I can get back to my training again. For some reason, I still want to go back and do it again since its kind of fun to see what kind of score u can get.

Not to mention I never had a chance to get rabbit year in the first place, so I am kind of glad I got something more fun instead, plus you can do cool emote and summon with it, which is a big plus for F2P.

But the thing I really want is a rubber chicken, I would choose that over any rares in RS. lol (Unless you can place a party hat on someone, having a count down on it and it explodes and creating a lot of fireworks and cloud of smokes)

a happy Runescaper

It took me about 5 turns before finally realizing what I needed to do; I ended up getting it in 14.

Not particularly my favorite event of all time, but I'm a sucker for holidays. <3:

[hide]pkfrlg010.png[/hide]

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

What cultures were represented by this event?

What we know so far...

Elf = Anglo-Saxon

Goblin = ?

Man = ?

The elf said that Easter was a period of renewal for them, which is a reference to the Anglo-Saxon pagan holiday. Likewise, the man celebrates Easter by eating a certain type of bread during their festivities. The goblin celebrates Easter with fireworks. Also, the man said that people also light bonfires to celebrate the holiday.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

The squirrel ears remind me strangely of Spock ears :P. Just the first thing that popped into my mind for some reason. My most favorite holiday reward of this year was Eek though. You just can't top that arachnid beauty <3...

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~

Thanks for the great memories folks :).