Costume of the Week [#2]

InfamousDuck

Welcome to Costume of the Week

This weeks theme[#2]: Vikings! (scroll further down the post for more information)

Introduction

The competetion simply works by that I will set a theme each week and then you must take an in-game photo of a costume you have created relating to the theme. At end of the week people must then vote for the one they think is the best. The winner will then win an underbanner (yes nothing to amazing, but just a little reward for a weekly challenge). Please read through the rules and voting for more information.

Rules

You will have a week to enter your costume photo.

• You can only post one entry per week

The costume must be created by you, if you copy other entries your entry wont count!

For certain themes the entries will be divided into F2P and P2P

The image must be in the armour stats view, see image below

varrock_armor3.png

From Google images

Voting

Voting will start after a week is up and will last for three days.

You can't vote for your own entry

When voting you pick your three favourite entries and then award 3 points to your favourite, 2 your second favourite and 1 to your least favourite out of the three.

COTW #2

Theme - Vikings!

Closing Date - Monday 19th April

F2P and P2P Results Split - Yes

If your entry recieves the most votes then you will be rewarded with a nice simple underbanner like this:

ubd8627.png

Past Winners

COTW #1

Theme - Easter

1st - Elevenicy

eastercomp.png

2nd - Veyron27

3rd - Pinkbullet3

If you have any questions or ideas for themes please PM me or post them on here.

And fianally something I felt like trying out :P

3747812.png

~

Runescape - Currently In-active and a cancelled membership due to a broken computer and a cabbage laptop!

2xBarrowsReward

1600SkillTotalReached|08/05/2010

(Previously 'Darkknightider', wow that was a bad name :p)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

100401225141.png

Quickly made :ohnoes:

Thanks for the entry but please read the rules, your ment to send your entries to me via private message, this is only to benefit you so people don't copy your ideas!

...Does it have to follow the theme? I enjoy my Regal look to much:

Picture3-6.png

:P It does look good. I think it might ruin the point a little if people don't follow the theme. I was actually thinking of making the first theme freestyle but I thought that might put people off entering as it is too open choice.

Runescape - Currently In-active and a cancelled membership due to a broken computer and a cabbage laptop!

2xBarrowsReward

2qjc8av.png

I agree that it should be public for now. While I do like the concept of keeping the submissions anonymous because, knowing the Runescape boards, it'll be more of a popularity contest than an outfit contest, I think it'll be a lot more boring that way. I'd suggest keeping it public for a few rounds, and if it gets popular then you could move it to anonymous submission.

wl7w9j.png

I'm bored so I'll make an underbanner after dinner.

Thanks!!

Just have people post them, its not going to last long having people pm them to you. Who cares if people copy, they just can't win that way.

Fair point, ill give it a try, but if its obvious people are copying ill change it back.

2xBarrowsReward

Easter's a pretty tough theme lol. I'll participate another week maybe.

To be honest I would say it is quite an easy theme seeing as there are a lot of items specifically themed around easter due to the yearly events.

2xBarrowsReward

I had an idea of doing something like this a while ago. I also thought up two other categories for each week, which were the look-alike, and item use. Like, the OP would pick a random famous person (i.e Barack Obama, Mr. T, Gene Simmons) and you would have to come up with a costume/clothing set to match the person. For item use, the OP would pick a random item of clothing (like a Blue Wizard Hat) and the task would be to come up with the best outfit that complemented that item.

As for your Easter theme, I would enter, but alas, I have nothing Easter-related.

EDIT: Another thing I thought of was having a price limit on some of the contests, or maybe have one of them be with only untradable items.

here fixed it

2dhgrpw.png

That one looks like a demonic fawn...

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

Just a quick suggestion, once the closing date comes up, I think you should (you probably were already gonna do this) post all the pics on the OP, and also list the past winners along with their entries once we get some.

:thumbsup:

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

I had an idea of doing something like this a while ago. I also thought up two other categories for each week, which were the look-alike, and item use. Like, the OP would pick a random famous person (i.e Barack Obama, Mr. T, Gene Simmons) and you would have to come up with a costume/clothing set to match the person. For item use, the OP would pick a random item of clothing (like a Blue Wizard Hat) and the task would be to come up with the best outfit that complemented that item.

As for your Easter theme, I would enter, but alas, I have nothing Easter-related.

EDIT: Another thing I thought of was having a price limit on some of the contests, or maybe have one of them be with only untradable items.

Not sure on the others but I like the item idea, might consider it in future themes, thanks.

gonna post this b4 I second guess by decision to buy 3A

Is that 3a Ranger? (i'm guessing i'm noob as I didn't recognise it :P)

Just a quick suggestion, once the closing date comes up, I think you should (you probably were already gonna do this) post all the pics on the OP, and also list the past winners along with their entries once we get some.

:thumbsup:

Already ahead of you! :P

2xBarrowsReward