What has OT Taught you

Maxingmck

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the forum. We probably have more people who frequent OT then the actual general discussion for the game this website is supposed to be about. Runescape should be the off topic. Oh how it would feel to be on top for a day. =P~ (That's the closest fitting Emoticon we have)

anyway, yeah like has been said reflection. My location is the only thing on my profile that hasn't changed since I signed up.

That age matters more than people online think it does.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Taught me to go out there. Now I know how, I just have to do it more.

It has taught me to argue, reason, etc (TIF in general, actually), and given me some general knowledge, which always comes in handy.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

OT taught me that holy [cabbage] its 9:45 and I have a project due tomorrow.

OT taught me that thread necromancy is bad, but so is starting a new topic when one exists on page 50.

OT taught me that there are times when you need 10 tabs open for the same site.

Guest Mrmegakirby

So unbelievably true.

Age =/= maturity. It makes a difference in it, but they aren't the same thing.

(If that's the point you were getting at.)

So unbelievably true.

Yeah, age typically shows how a person should/will act, but there's definitely exceptions to that rule. I'm surprised that Lenticular is as young as he is.

So unbelievably true.

Yeah, age typically shows how a person should/will act, but there's definitely exceptions to that rule. I'm surprised that Lenticular is as young as he is.

I'm not.

And that is my point in a sense. Everyone who's younger on this forum try so damn hard to get respect/approval. All their arguments are the same, "thats not logical" "thats not intelligent" "Thats racist" "thats not moral" "don't act like a child" "grow up". Etc, always trying to get approval. While I particularly, and many others in a sense act the way they want.

Fun fact, what most on this forum believes is logic, is actually common sense. People have some serious issues in theri capabilities to define whats logical and whats not, and refuse to believe it.

Also to be fair, I knew either Kirby, Rocco or Lent would post that saying. But unfortunately that is exactly what I am proving. Age DOES equal maturity, thats why when you are growing it is also known as maturing. Are there exceptions? Of course. Theres probably someone who jumped off of a mile high mountain with no parachute and somehow lived. But the exceptions are so much more rarer than made out to be. Alas, most here think that being mature means being intelligent, logical, smart, wise, always right. When alas, all maturity requires is the admittance to the non existence of it. Again Kirby, I think you're a cool smart dude (no sarcasm) but those are just my thoughts. Age honestly does matter, there are certain situations in life that help broaden the brain to the human spectrum that honestly just don't occur until you get older. I was in the same boat, when I was in 7th-10th grade or so, I always tried to be that philosopher, that intellectual, the one who everyone said "wow hes mature." shurprise, I didn't actually mature until I realized it wasn't up to me to mature. And most people on this forum have not realized that yet.

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)

I didn't actually mature until I realized it wasn't up to me to mature. And most people on this forum have not realized that yet.

I hope you're talking about physical maturation then.

There is a type of maturity that doesn't really have to do with age and has everything to do with actions (or better yet - how others perceive those actions [since this type of maturity is subjective]). I can consider it immature for an old man to play pranks on children. I could consider it mature for a little kid to save up enough money for his mother's operation.

Maturity

Maturity is a psychological term used to indicate that a person responds to the circumstances or environment in an appropriate and adaptive manner. This response is generally learned rather than instinctive, and is not determined by one's age. Maturity also encompasses being aware of the correct time and place to behave and knowing when to act appropriately, according to the situation.

Everyone who's younger on this forum try so damn hard to get respect/approval. All their arguments are the same, "thats not logical" "thats not intelligent" "Thats racist" "thats not moral" "don't act like a child" "grow up".

I'm not even going to bother arguing over this part of your post. That's how ridiculous it is.

Also, about you saying you're one of the most mature people on this forum... this is exactly my point. People like you think "maturity" is just a free handout that you can just sit on your butt all day and eventually achieve because you merely got older. Maturity is something to be earned. I sure as hell have seen a lot of immature grown people. It really pisses me off how pretentious people get with their age - and how straight-up wrong they are. "I'm the teacher - you're a student, therefore I'm right!" This is a cop-out.

That any place that allows Muslims to pray to their god is a Mosque, no matter what its primary purpose is. Therefore I spent 18 months at a Mosque getting IT training.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

I didn't actually mature until I realized it wasn't up to me to mature. And most people on this forum have not realized that yet.

I hope you're talking about physical maturation then.

There is a type of maturity that doesn't really have to do with age and has everything to do with actions (or better yet - how others perceive those actions [since this type of maturity is subjective]). I can consider it immature for an old man to play pranks on children. I could consider it mature for a little kid to save up enough money for his mother's operation.

Maturity

Maturity is a psychological term used to indicate that a person responds to the circumstances or environment in an appropriate and adaptive manner. This response is generally learned rather than instinctive, and is not determined by one's age. Maturity also encompasses being aware of the correct time and place to behave and knowing when to act appropriately, according to the situation.

Everyone who's younger on this forum try so damn hard to get respect/approval. All their arguments are the same, "thats not logical" "thats not intelligent" "Thats racist" "thats not moral" "don't act like a child" "grow up".

I'm not even going to bother arguing over this part of your post. That's how ridiculous it is.

Also, about you saying you're one of the most mature people on this forum... this is exactly my point. People like you think "maturity" is just a free handout that you can just sit on your butt all day and eventually achieve because you merely got older. Maturity is something to be earned. I sure as hell have seen a lot of immature grown people. It really pisses me off how pretentious people get with their age - and how straight-up wrong they are. "I'm the teacher - you're a student, therefore I'm right!" This is a cop-out.

Yea know you missed the whole post, and misinterpreted it. So I'm not gonna bother arguing either, its a win win situation.

I understand your point:

Age honestly does matter, there are certain situations in life that help broaden the brain to the human spectrum that honestly just don't occur until you get older.

In other words, we all have a lot to learn throughout our lives, we'll always be seeing new things, our opinions and perspectives will change, etc. However, this is true for everyone, regardless of how old you are. Also, most of my post was just pointing out the difference between physical and psychological maturity.

Hm, that people don't read guidelines before writing a thread in T&C.

What i came here to comment was tho, that i almost disagree with everyone on the OT threads when it comes to politics, social issues etc etc.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

I'm not.

And that is my point in a sense. Everyone who's younger on this forum try so damn hard to get respect/approval. All their arguments are the same, "thats not logical" "thats not intelligent" "Thats racist" "thats not moral" "don't act like a child" "grow up". Etc, always trying to get approval. While I particularly, and many others in a sense act the way they want.

Fun fact, what most on this forum believes is logic, is actually common sense. People have some serious issues in theri capabilities to define whats logical and whats not, and refuse to believe it.

Also to be fair, I knew either Kirby, Rocco or Lent would post that saying. But unfortunately that is exactly what I am proving. Age DOES equal maturity, thats why when you are growing it is also known as maturing. Are there exceptions? Of course. Theres probably someone who jumped off of a mile high mountain with no parachute and somehow lived. But the exceptions are so much more rarer than made out to be. Alas, most here think that being mature means being intelligent, logical, smart, wise, always right. When alas, all maturity requires is the admittance to the non existence of it. Again Kirby, I think you're a cool smart dude (no sarcasm) but those are just my thoughts. Age honestly does matter, there are certain situations in life that help broaden the brain to the human spectrum that honestly just don't occur until you get older. I was in the same boat, when I was in 7th-10th grade or so, I always tried to be that philosopher, that intellectual, the one who everyone said "wow hes mature." shurprise, I didn't actually mature until I realized it wasn't up to me to mature. And most people on this forum have not realized that yet.

That's not where the issue lies. Age might be the cause of somebody's immaturity, but prejudice based on that factor will often not give you an accurate view of people.

Oh, also, it's ironic that you'd say that, because I (and I'm sure other people too) think you're one of the worst posters on OT.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

I understand your point:

Age honestly does matter, there are certain situations in life that help broaden the brain to the human spectrum that honestly just don't occur until you get older.

In other words, we all have a lot to learn throughout our lives, we'll always be seeing new things, our opinions and perspectives will change, etc. However, this is true for everyone, regardless of how old you are. Also, most of my post was just pointing out the difference between physical and psychological maturity.

The main point I was arguing was the fact that younger mature people are lot more rare than people make them out to be.

Also I never said "sit back and mature yourself" I'm merely saying it shouldn't be up to one to determine one's own maturity. And if you just act the way you deem is appropriate to act then more often than not you'll start to grow. Will you mess up? Sure, but you'll learn from your mistakes, there is work involved. I'm merely saying facades about maturity don't tend to work.

Guest Mrmegakirby

The first part is somewhat correct. We do try hard to get respect and not get shunned by the entire forum (Well, I can't speak for anyone but myself) because if we don't come off as very mature for our age, we DO get shunned. Somehow being 2 or 3 years younger then the average poster is grounds for not being taken seriously at all, even if our points are valid. As for the second part... No. Not at all.

The first part is somewhat correct. We do try hard to get respect and not get shunned by the entire forum (Well, I can't speak for anyone but myself) because if we don't come off as very mature for our age, we DO get shunned. Somehow being 2 or 3 years younger then the average poster is grounds for not being taken seriously at all, even if our points are valid. As for the second part... No. Not at all.

Ok let me restate this.

Yes, yes that is correct the second half. Are all the points on it? No, it depends per user. The point I was trying to make is a lot of the users try to put down the others intellectually. Which is what I've garnered from quite a few posts.

Ok let me restate this.

Yes, yes that is correct the second half. Are all the points on it? No, it depends per user. The point I was trying to make is a lot of the users try to put down the others intellectually. Which is what I've garnered from quite a few posts.

This is the only thing I have seen in any of your recent posts. Does that make you 13, or just immature?

OT has taught me that arguing on the internet is like competing in the special olympics. Even if you win, you're still a [developmentally delayed].

That there is no point arguing with people who have a different opinion to you, you will argue forever and get nowhere; they will never ever agree with you and probably never back down.

Bentomat, OT didn't teach you that; a demotivational poster did.

[Falador tavern]

Ok let me restate this.

This is the only thing I have seen in any of your recent posts. Does that make you 13, or just immature?

OT has taught me that arguing on the internet is like competing in the special olympics. Even if you win, you're still a [developmentally delayed].

im only 12

I've learned that homosexual Christians are trolls, girl-seeking monkies like to debate, and certain people are highly overrated.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I've learned that homosexual Christians are trolls, girl-seeking monkies like to debate, and certain people are highly overrated.

One of those certain people being Saruman44.

I'm kidding, Saru. Ily.