What has OT Taught you

Maxingmck

I like religion, and hate drugs.

I've learned I'm a minority.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you (white) guys live in America and say you're the minority...I will kick your [wagon] to Wyoming.

White people cooking at Taco Bell. Now that's desperate.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

In the haste to write the other part of my post I forgot to add the most important adjective. Forgive my rush. >_>

Though now I am serious. What "minority" are we talking about in this thread?

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

In the haste to write the other part of my post I forgot to add the most important adjective. Forgive my rush. >_>

Though now I am serious. What "minority" are we talking about in this thread?

80% of OT like drugs.

80% of OT doesn't like God.

BS stats ftw?

Oh I get it now. Again, mis-reading one line messes up your thinking completely. >_>

Though I would have to say, finally on-topic, yes those statistics seem reasonable. :mrgreen:

siggy3s.jpg

Well if you're being specifically anal about it... :razz:

Though I will say the majority of OT hates religion. Maybe less now than before, but still.

siggy3s.jpg

I wouldn't say hate. More like doesn't believe in and are willing to argue against it. The only aspect of religion I hate is blindly following it. If you have a good reason for believing, then great. The same goes for atheism. I would imagine quite a few of the people on these boards share similar views.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

If you (white) guys live in America and say you're the minority...I will kick your [wagon] to Wyoming.

being Jewish, that puts me at a 1/100 to a black person ratio, and as many know, african-americans are quite the minority. So yeah. I'm a small minority either way. I also read somewhre that within the next 30 years, white people will be a minority in the US, and Mexicans/Hispanics will be the majority. But then on a world wide scale, it's the Asains that are majority. It's all about sample size ladies and gentlemen icon_cool.gif

being Jewish, that puts me at a 1/100 to a black person ratio, and as many know, african-americans are quite the minority. So yeah. I'm a small minority either way. I also read somewhre that within the next 30 years, white people will be a minority in the US, and Mexicans/Hispanics will be the majority. But then on a world wide scale, it's the Asains that are majority. It's all about sample size ladies and gentlemen icon_cool.gif

rather, it's about perspective. Am i looking at gender, race, religion, a combination of many things?

My sample size is still me, however many times i count myself to get a larger "sample size". Sample size simply means how large a percentage (or how many) people of a group you count: do you count a thousand people, and assume they represent the whole population, or do you decide on a census? Those are sample sizes, what you are talking about are different perspectives :)

Jewish people can't be white? :/

That's like saying I'm a minority because of my height or because of where I live. I'm pretty sure less than 1% of the population is within 1/4 cm of my height and only 4 people live in my house (Out of the 6.8 billion people in the world)... I guess everybody is a minority in some way :/... Unless I completely misinterpreted that (Very likely)

Jewish people can't be white? :/

That's like saying I'm a minority because of my height or because of where I live. I'm pretty sure less than 1% of the population is within 1/4 cm of my height and only 4 people live in my house (Out of the 6.8 billion people in the world)... I guess everybody is a minority in some way :/... Unless I completely misinterpreted that (Very likely)

What he's saying is that african-americans are a minority...and that jews are a smaller minority still.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

For this minority stuff, I'm a minority of a minority. American Swedish-speaking Finn (A minority here). Linus Torvalds is the other way around.

OT has taught me not much other than that you should always take the time to type properly, people take you much more seriously. And that, uhhh, pretty much nothing else. I did find deviantArt through here too though.

C2b6gs7.png

Well if you're being specifically anal about it... :razz:

Though I will say the majority of OT hates religion. Maybe less now than before, but still.

Yaaay analness :grin:

I'd think you could only say it about the OTers that have posted one way or the other. Of all of OT the ones that post about religion are in a minority. Within that minority the majority have expressed that they dislike some aspect of it.

And the more specific it gets the more likely it is to be wrong in some way, especially one that's insignificant of a larger scale. :grin:

Aparently OT is comprised of only minorities.

OT taught me that it doesn't matter what kind of music you listen to, everyone will claim to listen to the same thing to fit in. I haven't visited the Music forum since I started posting here again (just a bit ago) but I remember a few years ago either you were a metal head or you were nothing. Might still be that way, but I'll take my country music and play it proudly any day ;)

OT taught me that it doesn't matter what kind of music you listen to, everyone will claim to listen to the same thing to fit in. I haven't visited the Music forum since I started posting here again (just a bit ago) but I remember a few years ago either you were a metal head or you were nothing. Might still be that way, but I'll take my country music and play it proudly any day ;)

It's not as bad anymore. But there are still metalheads.