My Little Project

deloriagod

It's been a long time since I posted here, don't really recognize most of the names. Hell, I didn't really see many names when I posted about a year ago lol. Haven't played Runescape in a long time but I had been staying active here (OT) about 2 years ago or so. Got a little busy with work, school, and a new little project of mine. So if anyone remembers me let me know! And if you do remember me, here's what's been keeping me oh so busy:

My 2000 3.8L Mustang Project. Picked her up for $2400 with intentions making her into one hell of a car

1007091421.jpg

1007091422.jpg

Gave her a little bath (smoked OEM headlights installed as well)

1021091506.jpg

Old headlights on the right, new smoked headlights on the left (I may tint them darker)

1014091501.jpg

Dual straight pipes, Flowmaster 40 mufflers, and 3.5" tips all installed

1014091556.jpg

Got a little ricey with the footwell lights, but they're nice for night time

11150922008.jpg

Interior pulled apart to install said lights

1113091428-1.jpg

Cold air intake installed

1225092138.jpg

Fresh drilled and slotted rotors

0120001713.jpg

New wheels ($1300 with Sumitomo HTR Z II tires on them) - 18x9 up front, 18x10 in the rear

0210001324.jpg

Wheels installed

0301001650.jpg

0301001650a.jpg

0302001334.jpg

Decided to show some support for my favorite aftermarket company

0322001521.jpg

Got tired of my red/white/blue tribar emblem so I blacked out the stripes

0326001528a.jpg

0326001528.jpg

0326001511.jpg

Old rotors and new rotors compared

0409001412.jpg

Old shock and new shock compared

0409001340.jpg

New rotor installed and shock behind

0409001402.jpg

With the wheel on

0407001449.jpg

And here's some of the issues I have left to fix:

Front caliper pistons destroyed from previous owner not installing brake pads correctly

0406001652.jpg

Oil leak from either the oil pan gasket or rear crank seal

0326001454.jpg

0326001454a.jpg

0326001456.jpg

Needs fresh paint (mechanical issues are getting fixed first though)

1009091945.jpg

Winter cracked my windshield :(

1231090957.jpg

yeah, i remember you. nice car bro :thumbup:

and welcome back :)

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Wow, that's going to be one sweet car when you're done. If you don't mind me asking, how much money have you put into it so far and how much do you think the total cost is going to be?

And I remember you, but I wasn't really active when you were around.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

yeah, i remember you. nice car bro :thumbup:

and welcome back :)

Thanks bro :)

Wow, that's going to be one sweet car when you're done. If you don't mind me asking, how much money have you put into it so far and how much do you think the total cost is going to be?

And I remember you, but I wasn't really active when you were around.

I'll make a list of everything I can some up with for prices:

Car - $2400

Wheels - $1300

Exhaust - $400

Shocks/Struts - $300

Rotors - $130

Brake pads - $50

LEDs - $10

New clutch + install - $500

4.10 gears + posi + install - $700

Headlights - $80

Spark plugs - $45

Plug wires - $20

Rear window louver (not installed) - $300

Assorted gaskets/small partts - $100+

New tint (not installed) - $40

FRPP Shift knob - $50

So I've got over $6050 invested. The car is worth $3500 but I have no plans of ever selling it. When the engine goes, I'm going to pull a 4v V8 out of a Termi Cobra (along with 3650 tranny and 8.8" rear) and swap that in for a nice little sleeper. The things I still plan to do to the car include:

Paint - $2000

Front bumper - $200

Underdrive pulleys - $300

Windstar upper intake swap - $400

Upper control arms - $165

Lower control arms - $130

Short throw shifter - $180

Strut tower brace - $110

Shock tower brace - $80

Bumpsteer kit - $160

Lowering springs - $250

Caster/Camber plates - $200

Mach 1 grill delete - $100

Mach 1 chin spoiler $100

Tail light tint - $25

So there's another $4200 in upgrades along with $300 I'll be spending for new calipers this week. In the very end, I expect to have close to $15,000 into the car since I'm considering doing with nitrous or a supercharger. It's not a "good" financial decision but I'm loving every moment of it and all the experience will help me when I get into the Auto Tech program at my school (which is full so I may be taking a year off).

Oh yea, you're that guy. As I recall, people thought you were a jerk. I didn't notice. But yea, you. You're here. Yay?

Nice looking car, though.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

It will be a awesome car once you done with it. Post pics when you done :thumbup:

And good luck :mrgreen:

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Heh, when did you get back?

Either way, nice project. And you may want to edit out the license plate, don't think leaving it out here is allowed.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Oh yea, you're that guy. As I recall, people thought you were a jerk. I didn't notice. But yea, you. You're here. Yay?

Lol are you the Lenin I remember?

It will be a awesome car once you done with it. Post pics when you done :thumbup:

And good luck :mrgreen:

Thanks bro and will do :)

What's the point of the pedal lights? And will you just repaint it white, or choose another color? It's looking great so far though, those are nice rotors :D

Pedal lights are just for the hell of it (and to test my wiring skills :P). They're handy at night when you drop something on the floor or when the passenger needs to do something that requires light but the overhead lights bother the driver. I've also got them wired to a switch in case the police want to get on my back about it ;) And the car is going to be repainted white. I was going to have it painted Dark Shadow Grey but I'm not feeling up to pulling the engine to have the engine bay painted. And white with black accents has grown on me :)

I remember you! I wasn't every active when you were though but I remember seeing your sig at the bottom of a lot of posts.

Very nice looking car so far. Just curious, what made you pick the 2000 mustang? Shoulda gotten one from the 60's :P

I wanted something fuel injected so I went late model. I don't especially like the fox bodies and the SN95 (94-98) didn't appeal to me with the curves. 05+ was out based purely on cost. So with the new edge models (99-04) being my favorite body style of the late models I started looking and came up with a 2000 since it was one of the few 5 speeds I found. GT's were a little hard on the insurance (I wrecked my '00 Firebird a few years ago and insurance won't let me forget it) so the 3.8L V6 was what I was left with. I would have loved to get a 60's model (I actually plan on finding a Boss 429 or 66-69 GT in the future for a restoration project) but insurance on a classic car would kill me and I couldn't drive a classic for a daily driver. I would feel terrible putting all those miles on it :P

Heh, when did you get back?

Either way, nice project. And you may want to edit out the license plate, don't think leaving it out here is allowed.

I got back today :) I'm not concerned with the plate, it's no longer registered to my name. I personally went with a custom plate ;)

is looking quite nice. A fresh paint job will definately make it look alot nicer and i imagine she sounds quite nice :D

Nice too see build threads out of the car forum i now find my self spending alot more time on then tif :P

Yeah I can't wait to get a new front bumper on it and some fresh paint. And I just so happen to have a video of the exhaust.

Note: I'm the camera man and the driver, so you don't get to see the tailpipes :P This is also all in neutral, it has a nice low tone in 3rd and 4th.

And I know how the car forum thing goes. I spend a good 5+ hours a day reading over car forums :)

On a side note a car full of high school kids almost hit me doing 80 in a 40 this evening. They wanted a race but almost hit the median, then me. I was in a hurry to get home otherwise I would have chased them down and called the police (I'm against street racing, I even turned down a race against an Infinity at 2am on a deserted highway last night. Plus 5 guys in a 4 cyl Civic is nothing against even a V6 Mustang with gears, tlok, exhaust, intake, and a good tune). So I'll be on the lookout for an early-mid 90's, 4 door, 4 cylinder, black Honda Civic in decent (at best) condition. Gonna smack that kid around and show him why you don't mess around on public streets. We have a drag strip that's only an hour away and should be open by now.

Sweet car, love all the detail and pics!

I was gonna say you need new paint, and then I saw you planned to do that.

And thank God you didn't get shiny chrome rims. Those things are ugly as [bleep].

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

What pisses me off, we dont even get these kinds of builds in Australia AND for that price you'd only be able to afford a car aged 1990-1997 MAX. <.<

Ihu....

but I love the mustang.

Popoto.~<3

Sweet car, love all the detail and pics!

I was gonna say you need new paint, and then I saw you planned to do that.

And thank God you didn't get shiny chrome rims. Those things are ugly as [bleep].

Haha chrome is just too difficult to take care of. With work and school I can only get the car washed once a week so I figured black wouldn't show as much brake dust :) Plus I like how it looks with the black accents on the car like the rocker stripes, bumper letter, tribar emblems, and grill inserts.

But he's all grown up now! :3

C2b6gs7.png

So.. As much as I absolutely love working on my project car/daily driver, I'm thinking about holding off on the mods for a while and saving up for a bike. I found a Yamaha YZF for $3500 today and there are a few other goods deals on my local craigslist. I'm by no means giving up on the car, I just need something else to drive when I start in on bigger projects and will have the car down for days at a time (my work doesn't like me taking half a week off to work on the car lol). Plus I've always wanted a bike ;) Checked with insurance today and I can get covered for about $60/month. It's really basic coverage, but it's about the same as I have on the Mustang now. So I've got some things to consider and some money to save :)

Yup, and

Do me a favor and go beat the living piss out of your buddies. Let them know it's from me. There's no reason to ever touch another man's car, especially with intent of doing damage. Your buddies need to learn a little respect because if I caught them doing that to my car, they'd be lucky to see daylight again.

Haha. Something tells me they wouldn't be afraid of you.

You appear to be the deloriagod I remember.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

I wanted something fuel injected so I went late model. I don't especially like the fox bodies and the SN95 (94-98) didn't appeal to me with the curves. 05+ was out based purely on cost. So with the new edge models (99-04) being my favorite body style of the late models I started looking and came up with a 2000 since it was one of the few 5 speeds I found. GT's were a little hard on the insurance (I wrecked my '00 Firebird a few years ago and insurance won't let me forget it) so the 3.8L V6 was what I was left with. I would have loved to get a 60's model (I actually plan on finding a Boss 429 or 66-69 GT in the future for a restoration project) but insurance on a classic car would kill me and I couldn't drive a classic for a daily driver. I would feel terrible putting all those miles on it

Yeah the fox bodies aren't the nicest cars ever... I only like the first gen, 4th gen, and the current generation of mustangs tbh. Actually 2nd gen wasn't too bad....

But yeah I can see why insurance would suck. Anyway best of luck with everything :)

Amaranth_GTO.png

I wanted something fuel injected so I went late model. I don't especially like the fox bodies and the SN95 (94-98) didn't appeal to me with the curves. 05+ was out based purely on cost. So with the new edge models (99-04) being my favorite body style of the late models I started looking and came up with a 2000 since it was one of the few 5 speeds I found. GT's were a little hard on the insurance (I wrecked my '00 Firebird a few years ago and insurance won't let me forget it) so the 3.8L V6 was what I was left with. I would have loved to get a 60's model (I actually plan on finding a Boss 429 or 66-69 GT in the future for a restoration project) but insurance on a classic car would kill me and I couldn't drive a classic for a daily driver. I would feel terrible putting all those miles on it

Yeah the fox bodies aren't the nicest cars ever... I only like the first gen, 4th gen, and the current generation of mustangs tbh. Actually 2nd gen wasn't too bad....

But yeah I can see why insurance would suck. Anyway best of luck with everything :)

Thanks bro. Yeah 1st generation was sick. Second was alright. I hate third. Fourth is my favorite. And I'm not a real big fan of the S197 models. I like how they tried to go back to the old look, but they're just too bulky.

Pimpin' your ride, eh brah?

Heh, yeh teh cra is lokin pretteh epic breh yeh, heh.

Gotta hab them reece, dat's wut I'm talkin about, heh. Hells yeah brah. High five brah, yeah. Skin clap ah heh alright that's what I'm talking about bro. Haha, yeah alright yeah. Heh nice one bro.

Do more wacky things, Bro.

[iNSERT "I R EATIN TEH SHIX ATM" BILL COSBY SIGNATURE GIF HERE, LOL]