Game Update FAQ - 12/04/10

Asmodeous4

I'm excited to see what the second patch reveals, but I'm disappointed that they're not taking serious drawbacks to the skill (binding, some of the reward costs, etc) more seriously.

Binding isn't a serious drawback to the skill... it's an essential part of it. Also, they did say they would address the level requirements of the rewards (and likely, they'll consider the prices too).

What I meant is that we can't bind as many items as we should be able to, in my opinion. I'd prefer to be able to bind an additional item every twenty or thirty levels.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I'm excited to see what the second patch reveals, but I'm disappointed that they're not taking serious drawbacks to the skill (binding, some of the reward costs, etc) more seriously.

Binding isn't a serious drawback to the skill... it's an essential part of it. Also, they did say they would address the level requirements of the rewards (and likely, they'll consider the prices too).

What I meant is that we can't bind as many items as we should be able to, in my opinion. I'd prefer to be able to bind an additional item every twenty or thirty levels.

I don't know... I think it's about right. You're meant to make a difficult choice about what you keep and what you leave behind. I think not letting anyone realistically get over 3 items is reasonable.

I don't know... I think it's about right. You're meant to make a difficult choice about what you keep and what you leave behind. I think not letting anyone realistically get over 3 items is reasonable.

IMO we should get to take the current number of bound item(s) and the last boss drop to the next level.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

IMO we should get to take the current number of bound item(s) and the last boss drop to the next level.

That's a decent idea, really. But adding more item binds would make it too easy IMO... I think this would be a good answer though, at least this way boss drops are useful if you floor-clear first.

Really, the skill category was the only thing in RS we felt was appropriate for it and we will not be changing this decision.

The typical Jagex stance to everything. They need to get over their power trip and realize they're customers come before their [bleep]s. They're such hard heads. It is not a skill, and it will never be. Just because it has XP does not make it a skill.

No, it was always designed to be a skill. We agree that its more like a minigame than any other skill, but is that a bad thing?

Yes, because it is a minigame not a skill. If it was designed to be a skill, then you certainly [bleep]ed up somewhere.

With Dungeoneering, we have strayed even further from the concept of traditional skills, but we see that as a good design decision. The game NEEDED this sort of skill content, or we wouldnt have added it.

Yes the game needed Raiding, because we've been waiting for a good combat update for years. However, let's keep it as Raiding, and not a skill.

Jagex: Your customers come first. Ask them their opinion before you go and get too far ahead of yourself. I think it's safe to say that a majority of us really were looking forward to a good skill. Skill, Skill, Skill. If you would have told us it was a minigame in the first place, then I certainly wouldn't be let down so much. After all of the hype I still have received no skill and just a minigame. Where is my skill Jagex?

RAGERAGERAGRAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGE

Get over it. Dont like it, dont train it, another skill will be out in a year.

Profins.png

specty.png

Really, the skill category was the only thing in RS we felt was appropriate for it and we will not be changing this decision.

The typical Jagex stance to everything. They need to get over their power trip and realize they're customers come before their [bleep]s. They're such hard heads. It is not a skill, and it will never be. Just because it has XP does not make it a skill.

No, it was always designed to be a skill. We agree that its more like a minigame than any other skill, but is that a bad thing?

Yes, because it is a minigame not a skill. If it was designed to be a skill, then you certainly [bleep]ed up somewhere.

With Dungeoneering, we have strayed even further from the concept of traditional skills, but we see that as a good design decision. The game NEEDED this sort of skill content, or we wouldnt have added it.

Yes the game needed Raiding, because we've been waiting for a good combat update for years. However, let's keep it as Raiding, and not a skill.

Jagex: Your customers come first. Ask them their opinion before you go and get too far ahead of yourself. I think it's safe to say that a majority of us really were looking forward to a good skill. Skill, Skill, Skill. If you would have told us it was a minigame in the first place, then I certainly wouldn't be let down so much. After all of the hype I still have received no skill and just a minigame. Where is my skill Jagex?

If this game even lasts another year.

jagexloss.jpg

Jagex needs to get their self together before they lose the rest of their customers. They've already lost me.

Stellactic.gif

Well the FAQ sure didn't answer my question of why the team has to waste so much time re-creating untradeable versions of steel armour and salmons. You can't bring any resources in, you have to re-identify the tiers of all 'new-but-not-really-new' items, and you can't bring them out.

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

[hide]

If this game even lasts another year.

jagexloss.jpg

Jagex needs to get their self together before they lose the rest of their customers. They've already lost me.

[/hide]

What is the use whining about it here really? :shame:

"He
really
calls himself Noobz?"

Sheep.gif

[hide=STATS]Noobz.png[/hide]

Honestly, I'm having a lot of fun (mostly due to the sheer amount of strange new content I encounter underground) and I'm seeing a lot of my old friends actually logging in regularly now.

Regardless of what you're saying I'm going to continue having fun. It's nice to be able to actually do something in RS besides bang my head against a wall for money and fame.

8f14270694.jpg

It'd be nice if they offered binding of skill specific items as your Dung level increases.

Example:

Dung 01 - Can Bind 1 Item (any type

Dung 01 - Can Bind 125 ammo slot items

Dung 01 - Can Bind 125 of one type of rune

IE You can have three things bound - Item, 125 arrows, 125 runes

Dung 05 - Can bind an axe (Wood-cutting)

Dung 10 - Can bind a Pick-axe (Mining)

Dung 20 - Can bind upto 5 Seeds of one type Tier 5 or below (Farming)

Dung 25 - Can bind upto 5 summoning Gold or Green tokens

Etc., Etc.

For things like Ammo, Seeds, Ammo, and tokens, maybe increase the amount and tier level as Dung increases.

Is there any major problem with this? It just saves on a bit of random nature

Another Variant:

You can bind 5 items, however:

Level 0-9 : Bind upto 5 Tier 1 items

Level 10-19: Bind upto 5 Tie 1 and 2 Items

Level 20-30: Bind upto 6 Tier 1 thru 3

Level 31-40: Bind upto 6 Tier 1 thru 4

Level 41-50: Bind upto 7 Tier 1 thru 5

Level 51-60: Bind upto 8 Tier 1 thru 6

Etc, etc, etc,

As you get better at dungeoneering, you're less hassled by the tedium of gathering good stuff each time.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

Sine when did anyone care what Alexa says about website ranks? They only count people with their crappy toolbar anyway and as a huge number of people play via the client and miniclip those figures will be much lower than reality.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12