GP profit per hour? Dungeon skill?

canadiansmurf

I don't understand the new dungeon skill.

I'm fine with levelling it like a mini-game like castle wars. There I don't get any profit either from playing.

But this is a skill.

I get some exp in dungeon per hour its not very much though.

Some combat / mage / range xp depending on the style of fighting I pick.

I didn't think the rc exp was overpowered but now it's so nerfed it's not worth it.

I see that there are rewards that cost a lot of tokens, I'm sitting at about 1k tokens so there's a long way to go to get the items.

But in terms of other skills profit per hour by the time I get enough tokens to get those new items their actual cost will be so high.

My question is are the new item rewards worth their true cost in time and the fact that I gain 0 profit along the way obtaining the items?

The first things that come to mind are:

Gem bag, holds 100 gems. This would make gemrock mining much faster and as of now it's already like 750k per hour ( http://forum.tip.it/topic/263020-in-depth-gem-rock-mining-guide/ )

Coal bag, holds 27 coal. You could either use then when mining to reduce time to bank, but the big one is smelting bars. Before you could make 4 addy bars per 'trip' but with this you'll be able to make 7. And since the running is where you lose most of the time, I'm assuming this would speed up bar/hour by 1.5x.

Frost Tome acts as infinite free water runes. "nuff said.

The first things that come to mind are:

Gem bag, holds 100 gems. This would make gemrock mining much faster and as of now it's already like 750k per hour ( http://forum.tip.it/topic/263020-in-depth-gem-rock-mining-guide/ )

Coal bag, holds 27 coal. You could either use then when mining to reduce time to bank, but the big one is smelting bars. Before you could make 4 addy bars per 'trip' but with this you'll be able to make 7. And since the running is where you lose most of the time, I'm assuming this would speed up bar/hour by 1.5x.

Frost Tome acts as infinite free water runes. "nuff said.

With shilo gloves gem mining is still pretty fast... and there are pack yaks.... and those gem rocks dont' exactly give good gems consistently so many opals and jades

I guess the coal bag is alright for superheating... but it doesn't use less coal exactly....

Infinite free water runes =/= Water staff lvl one gives infinite free water runes

Not exactly the same but close enough jus sayin...

And in the hours and hours it takes to even get these rewards the way the tokens are given out you could outright buy addy bars who cares about smelting them. You could even buy gems. You could even easily just buy water runes if you did other skills that actually earned gp...

Why is it that pest control gives me gold but this skill / minigame doesn't even do that!

I want some loot as profit.

I didn't think the rc exp was overpowered but now it's so nerfed it's not worth it.

Yeah, 2k exp per death rune wasn`t overpowered at all!

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

Well you could leave your level at 1. But the weapons are quite good and I'd consider the many hours it takes to get worth it.

ty blade i will just wait til the weapons are redeemed by players who get that level...

i just want to know if all those hours to level this skill is worth it considering you will be getting an untradeable item

whose true cost is 100's of millions vs the time i would have spent doing profitable skills or activities... and then you have to pay to recharge some of these items on top of it...

Yeah, 2k exp per death rune wasn`t overpowered at all!

Okay infamous... I wrote this before the bug happened... check the time stamp...

Of course that much rc exp isn't okay but that was a glitch that happened today.

The original rc exp given yesterday was fine.

If it takes me 100 hours to get the weapon, I'm losing out on between 250-350m. They might not be worth it.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

its also the only way to train the dungeonering skill...also thats not quite enough time to make enough money for an Elysian, which these shields are pretty similar too.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

the bone crusher reward looks cool it will bury the bones of the monster u just killed so u dont have to pick them up that would speed up prayer massively cause when u fight caos druids do u pick up the bones? didn't think so

Artemis101.png

Artemis101.png

archsupportei2.png

the bone crusher reward looks cool it will bury the bones of the monster u just killed so u dont have to pick them up that would speed up prayer massively cause when u fight caos druids do u pick up the bones? didn't think so

If you kill 1000 chaos druids, that gives you 5K prayer XP. There's a reason people don't bother picking them up.

If you kill 1000 chaos druids, that gives you 5K prayer XP. There's a reason people don't bother picking them up.

Even so, just carrying the bone crusher on slayer tasks would give a steady (even if small) trickle of prayer experience, saving potentially millions on dragon bones in the long term.

That 5k exp you got from killing the chaos druids alone saved 92k in dragon bones...

Even so, just carrying the bone crusher on slayer tasks would give a steady (even if small) trickle of prayer experience, saving potentially millions on dragon bones in the long term.

That 5k exp you got from killing the chaos druids alone saved 92k in dragon bones...

Agreed. I mean, I'm killing thousands of monsters and just leaving the bones lying there, and I'm really too cheap to purchase the bones, so this is a good compromise.

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.

Agreed. I mean, I'm killing thousands of monsters and just leaving the bones lying there, and I'm really too cheap to purchase the bones, so this is a good compromise.

Yeah, I'll agree that it's better than nothing, but it's certainly not going to "speed up prayer massively".

And I seriously doubt that the time you spent getting the 110K tokens will be offset by the benefit that you get from having it. I've been playing it a ton lately and I don't know if I even have 1K tokens yet. If it takes me a year (or several!) to get the Bonecrusher, I find that pretty hard to justify.

Yeah, I'll agree that it's better than nothing, but it's certainly not going to "speed up prayer massively".

And I seriously doubt that the time you spent getting the 110K tokens will be offset by the benefit that you get from having it. I've been playing it a ton lately and I don't know if I even have 1K tokens yet. If it takes me a year (or several!) to get the Bonecrusher, I find that pretty hard to justify.

Umm, the skill gets faster to train when you level up. That applies to all skills, what's so hard to understand about that?

This is how I look at the new items.

[hide]Chaotic rapier: Beats whip in training(assuming it's as good as the stats make it look) but I already have max melee so I'm not too concerned with a few extra k xp/hour in melee-not worth my time getting.

Gem bag: Cool but I don't mine gem rocks because if I'm looking to make money by getting gems I'm going to crack safes in the rouge's den because it's faster and next to the bank- not worth my time.

Coal bag: I don't mine coal- not worth my time.

Shields: Very good but I rarely use a shield anymore(rune defender or 2h weapon now) and I don't do agw- possibly worth my time.

Other chaotic melee weapons: I don't pk so why would I want the maul, the longsword might possibly beat the rapier but nobody has one to be sure- probably not worth my time.

Chaotic staff: I'll just stick with SOL on this one.

Chaotic crossbow: Very good but can it fire enchanted bolts? It could end up being like zanik's crossbow- very likely to be worth my time.

Arcane necklaces: Very very good even if I use mage on rare occasions- worth my time getting.

Longbow sight: Not sure on this one, it could make longbows beat crossbows but I doubt it- as of right now, not worth my time.

Nature and law staff: I don't train mage either alcing or teleporting- not worth my time.

Scroll of life: I do farm a lot of herbs and often have dead seeds so this seems to have a lot of use to me- probably worth my time to get.

Tome of frost: Water staff?- not worth my time.

Gravite anything: Useless if you're higher then the required levels to use them- not worth my time.

Anti-poison totem: This has potential but I'm not even sure what slot this goes in(I'm assuming shield slot) seems like something that could stand out in certain situations- possibly worth my time.

Bonecrusher: Now this is probably underrated by a lot of people. I bought the bones for 95 prayer and got it, I want 99 prayer but don't want to buy the bones for it, I also want 99 slayer and summoning. All of those bones from 99 slayer and summoning(gathering the charms) would certainly add up and possibly get me to 99- Most likely to be worth my time.

Mercenary's gloves: Cool beans these beat barrows for ranging but the only problem is when I range it's going to be when I hybrid/tribrid so- not worth my time.

Scroll of renewal: Hmm interesting it could be combod with sleep(lunar spell), regen brace and bunyip and pretty much own. Seems like one of those situational things again- not on the top of my list of things to get but possibly worth getting eventually.

Scroll of augury: Pretty nice but I often find my self using soul split when I mage and this is a prayer so- worth it but not worth getting until I have other things.[/hide]

I think instead of asking people if they're worth there true cost in time you need to ask yourself is it worth there true cost of your time.

I think instead of asking people if they're worth there true cost in time you need to ask yourself is it worth there true cost of your time.

+1

Finally on here to update that I have officially quit! It's been fun.
[hide=Signature]
Gandalf14141.png
R.I.P Billy Mays and <3 My Friend C.D.S 7/8/09 <3
60,816th to 99 Fletching 03/07/09|220,309th Person to be Able to Kill Dusties 10 Year Cape on 12/20/14[/hide]

grammar2gr8dx.png

[hide]Chaotic rapier: Beats whip in training(assuming it's as good as the stats make it look) but I already have max melee so I'm not too concerned with a few extra k xp/hour in melee-not worth my time getting.

Gem bag: Cool but I don't mine gem rocks because if I'm looking to make money by getting gems I'm going to crack safes in the rouge's den because it's faster and next to the bank- not worth my time.

Shields: Very good but I rarely use a shield anymore(rune defender or 2h weapon now) and I don't do agw- possibly worth my time.

Other chaotic melee weapons: I don't pk so why would I want the maul, the longsword might possibly beat the rapier but nobody has one to be sure- probably not worth my time.

Chaotic crossbow: Very good but can it fire enchanted bolts? It could end up being like zanik's crossbow- very likely to be worth my time.

Arcane necklaces: Very very good even if I use mage on rare occasions- worth my time getting.

Longbow sight: Not sure on this one, it could make longbows beat crossbows but I doubt it- as of right now, not worth my time.

Nature and law staff: I don't train mage either alcing or teleporting- not worth my time.

Scroll of life: I do farm a lot of herbs and often have dead seeds so this seems to have a lot of use to me- probably worth my time to get.

Gravite anything: Useless if you're higher then the required levels to use them- not worth my time.

Anti-poison totem: This has potential but I'm not even sure what slot this goes in(I'm assuming shield slot) seems like something that could stand out in certain situations- possibly worth my time.

Bonecrusher: Now this is probably underrated by a lot of people. I bought the bones for 95 prayer and got it, I want 99 prayer but don't want to buy the bones for it, I also want 99 slayer and summoning. All of those bones from 99 slayer and summoning(gathering the charms) would certainly add up and possibly get me to 99- Most likely to be worth my time.

Mercenary's gloves: Cool beans these beat barrows for ranging but the only problem is when I range it's going to be when I hybrid/tribrid so- not worth my time.

Scroll of renewal: Hmm interesting it could be combod with sleep(lunar spell), regen brace and bunyip and pretty much own. Seems like one of those situational things again- not on the top of my list of things to get but possibly worth getting eventually.

Scroll of augury: Pretty nice but I often find my self using soul split when I mage and this is a prayer so- worth it but not worth getting until I have other things.[/hide]

I fail to see some of your logic. Whips aren't used solely for training, so why assume the Chaotic rapier will be? Would you really want to waste 110k tokens (1.1m+ xp worth) on the bonecrusher? The time spent getting it will probably outweigh the cost of moneymaking and buying the bones.

I think getting a Chaotic Rapier will be worth it. Turmoil/Overloads are aimed for because they make you damage higher per second. So the same should apply to the Chaotic rapier. The Longsword... I'm not sure about that, but I prefer Dps over the high hits. I'll just shoot for the Maul if I want to hit high.

And lastly; We don't know the specials yet. They might/might not have them, it's a newly released item, which probably explains why they aren't in the knowledge base, assuming there will be special attacks.

I fail to see some of your logic. Whips aren't used solely for training, so why assume the Chaotic rapier will be? Would you really want to waste 110k tokens (1.1m+ xp worth) on the bonecrusher? The time spent getting it will probably outweigh the cost of moneymaking and buying the bones.

I think getting a Chaotic Rapier will be worth it. Turmoil/Overloads are aimed for because they make you damage higher per second. So the same should apply to the Chaotic rapier. The Longsword... I'm not sure about that, but I prefer Dps over the high hits. I'll just shoot for the Maul if I want to hit high.

And lastly; We don't know the specials yet. They might/might not have them, it's a newly released item, which probably explains why they aren't in the knowledge base, assuming there will be special attacks.

Those are my opinions based on what I would be using each item for meaning I pretty much just use a whip while training slayer and don't see the point in the few extra k xp/hour in melee(already maxed melee anyway) and maybe a couple extra slayer xp/hour it would possibly allow me to get at the cost of 400k tokens.

Yes, I would want to "waste" the tokens on the bonecrusher because I don't plan on spending tons of money just to get 95-99 prayer(the last time I checked it was around 90m) I'd rather get it casually while training slayer at the same time and get it eventually. I'm in no rush to get it I just want it eventually so why not get it while doing something else.

I don't see anything about special attacks in the knowledge base(the special attack section) so right now I'm just assuming they don't have one. Of course if they did turn out to have one that might change my opinion about some of them but for right now I don't really have a goal set out to get one.

In the recent FAQ about dungeoneering the question about how token prices require you to get higher then the actual level required to use the item was asked and a mod replied by saying they were looking into that and working on it(something like that those aren't the exact words). This could possibly mean it'll eventually be possible to get the bonecrusher at it's required level or it could mean they boost the required level to match the required xp or neither of those. Hard to say but if it did turn out to be the first situation I'd say the bonecrusher would be definitely worth it.

I Would you really want to waste 110k tokens (1.1m+110k xp worth) on the bonecrusher?

Fixed

Bad wording. I meant it would take the time of getting 1.1m xp, tokens are gained at a rate of 1/10 of the xp you get. Rounded down.

You also have to remember that you're training many skills at once. I haven't reset my EXP counter since I started D'eering and I've got over 200k exp in all my skills in the time I've gotten level 39 D'eering. Why does every skill have to revolve around how can you make the most money?

You also have to remember that you're training many skills at once. I haven't reset my EXP counter since I started D'eering and I've got over 200k exp in all my skills in the time I've gotten level 39 D'eering. Why does every skill have to revolve around how can you make the most money?

They don't. Some skills make money, some skills cost money, and some skills waste money.

More than anything else, this skill seems to just waste time.