Gluttonous Behemoth

DarkDude

Am I the only one who struggles with this boss? Just died to him when he had ~100lp left, and of course when I come back he eats up to over half health and I can see no way to stop him.

If you don't kill him on the first attempt then you're done. Especially if you've already exhausted all the fishing spots on the dungeon and I have no choice to reset.

Or is there something about this I'm missing? Is there any way to stop him eating the second you reenter the room?

Cheers

So I have to sacrifice 4 spaces just in case I die and thus increasing my chance of dying? Seems like a horrible method tome =/

you sacrifice 1 if you simply drop some food, make the stone and pick up 3 more pieces of food.

or you can just keep letting it eat to almost full HP over and over.

and you're welcome

ok i have no idea why u are dying but u must be doing something wrong altho he heals he is not hard to kill its just a stand a wack him till hes died i barley use any food

Artemis101.png

Artemis101.png

archsupportei2.png

ok i have no idea why u are dying but u must be doing something wrong altho he heals he is not hard to kill its just a stand a wack him till hes died i barley use any food

And the armour and weapons you get are pretty much random, on top of that as is the food you can get. There's not much more I can do with what I was given, just got unlucky with him hitting lots/me being hit a lot. As I said it was close.

You have to block his food source from the dead carcass or he will heal. In solo you have to stand infront of one of them in duo you have to block both sides of his food sourcs. This will prevent him from healing back up.

I have never had a problem with killing him in one inventory slot, you can always loot the coins from monsters buy a branch and food and cook to restock.

If your running out of food you can drop food infront of the boss and teleport out with a gatestone and restock then go back in with full food use your inventory then pick up the dropped food if yoru low or running out.

Proud Warlord of Dragonwood

If it's natural to kill, how come men have to go into training to learn how? ~ Joan Baez

Rest in Peace 3xtermination

Tipitsignature.gif

You have to block his food source from the dead carcass or he will heal. In solo you have to stand infront of one of them in duo you have to block both sides of his food sourcs. This will prevent him from healing back up.

I have never had a problem with killing him in one inventory slot, you can always loot the coins from monsters buy a branch and food and cook to restock.

If your running out of food you can drop food infront of the boss and teleport out with a gatestone and restock then go back in with full food use your inventory then pick up the dropped food if yoru low or running out.

I know how the fight works, that's not the problem.

Neither is getting food, I had exhausted all the fishing spots in the dungeon, so getting more food was not an option. I was as stocked up as physically possible going into the fight, was nothing else I could do.

Now normally if I die I'd either restock on food, or just brute force the kill, however due to the mechanics of this boss that's not possible. Although apparently you can with a gate.

The behemoth apparently uses a ranged attack (he fires rock-thingies from his mouth), so it's best to use protect from ranged.

I might be wrong however. Does he use a melee attack or not?

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

This seems like a flaw in the design of the skill itself. Once you exhaust the resources on a level, there isn't much you can do but die or quit.

Hopefully they'll give this kind of issue a bit of thought before Dungeoneering v2 comes out.

As a general strategy for most bosses, wear melee armor and pray mage. Use vengeance as well, it's totally worth the 3 spaces. Also look out for either some valarian, magebane, or lycopus so that you can make melee potion. Sometimes the best defense is a good offense. Killing him faster will mean you will need less food. But if you're REALLY struggling, you could always keep a look out for those bags that monsters sometimes drop, and use one of those as well as the appropriate charm to make a beast of burden to carry some additional food for you.

Get a familiar, I have no idea if you brought one or not but I am going to guess no. Familiars is so damn helpful that I am starting to think they are a bit overpowered. :smile: They attack relatively fast and the damage/scrolls are actually very helpful. Try them out!

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

The behemoth apparently uses a ranged attack (he fires rock-thingies from his mouth), so it's best to use protect from ranged.

I might be wrong however. Does he use a melee attack or not?

He uses all styles, but even without armour he shouldn't pose much trouble, unless in the event that the monsters on the floor already depleted your food sources so terribly. Can't say I ever had that though. If you do come in that situation however, then the gatestone method is indeed the best (and probably only) method to win that fight.

10y3vig.png

proudtitan.png

Get a familiar, I have no idea if you brought one or not but I am going to guess no. Familiars is so damn helpful that I am starting to think they are a bit overpowered. :smile: They attack relatively fast and the damage/scrolls are actually very helpful. Try them out!

I've found the combat familiars to be next to useless when I've used them, although I didn't use their scrolls. But from what I've seen even the beast of burdens seem to do more damage. Although I guess even buying the ore for a cheap level 3 familiar is better than nothing.

I would have used a beast of burden (I always try to), however no crimson charms dropped, lots of blue charms but no megaleather so was pretty much stuck. On top of that, I already said I depleted all the food resources in the level in the level, thus meaning it would have been holding a grand total of nothing.

I agree with the comment about the design floor in the skill, on one level in particular there were two doors I couldn't get through due to not having the skill requirement and thus only had about 2 bonus rooms to explore. With the number of limited resources I ended up having to fight the boss with no armour and very little food. I died about 6-7 times in the end before finally killing him, but there wasn't anything I could do about it due to being limited to rooms. I guess that's just the nature of the skill though.

I have yet to fight a boss in the dungeons without crafting full armor, generally Maramos, so I can not understand when you say you were given bad armor, make better armor, you are never given more than one or maybe two pieces, well you might get lucky.... but usually I end up crafting a full set shield and whatever weapon I want, I have a 2H bound but jut use it at first.

Why couldn't you craft a better set of armor ?

-G

Did you know half the worlds population is below average intelligence?

Many people think we are getting smarter as a whole, but we are UNIVERSALLY getting dumber and dumber at an alarmingly fast rate.

Metaphorically.... the human race is on its way to hell in a hand-basket made of dry wicker.

I have yet to fight a boss in the dungeons without crafting full armor, generally Maramos, so I can not understand when you say you were given bad armor, make better armor, you are never given more than one or maybe two pieces, well you might get lucky.... but usually I end up crafting a full set shield and whatever weapon I want, I have a 2H bound but jut use it at first.

Why couldn't you craft a better set of armor ?

-G

No ore perhaps, in fact in the one where I died to the Behemoth there were two tier 10 rocks, neither of which I can use? I always try and craft myself armour whenever possible, however you need at least 6 pieces to make a chain/legs and as I have a bow made I generally need to make a weapon too unless I get lucky with what I start with. I had tier 6 armour (Zephirum or whatever it's called), so I wasn't exactly going with no armour. The time I fought a boss with no armour, as I said I had very little access to rooms and thus couldn't even afford to buy enough of the cheap ore to craft me a set of armour and there were no ores in the rooms I was in. So there was nothing I could have done to craft any.

Oh? Because my familiar actually works out great in bosses. To be honest I think my familiar takes down 25% of the icefiend boss's hp just by itself.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

And the armour and weapons you get are pretty much random, on top of that as is the food you can get. There's not much more I can do with what I was given, just got unlucky with him hitting lots/me being hit a lot. As I said it was close.

You're supposed to make your own weapons armor and food sherlock

....some people #-o

Rainbow_Dude.png

You're supposed to make your own weapons armor and food sherlock

....some people #-o

And because there's an infinite stock of ore and fish in a dungeon, oh wait. There's been some dungeons where I only get one rock in the whole thing, some where I don't any at all. And if I only get 2 ores from those rocks then I can only make some low amount of armour out of that.

Same applies to fishing spots.

...some people :roll:

Don't forget to bind weapons and ammo. If you can get one decent weapon, i use a Katagon Spear as it has decent stats and all 3 attack styles for melee, then you shouldn't have much problem getting through. You can also bind up to 150 arrows/runes so you don't have to make them every floor and just make a bow (no real point in binding runes are you can easily obtain them).

Idk if its just me or what but i saw that when i was fishing salve eels, as apposed to buying them, i was burning them less often. But there is a problem as you burn quite a bit in the dungeons. If you can get a big group together, some with maxed stats, go and have them make you a great weapon. Once you hit 50 you can bind something else, like a platebody, so you have protection no matter what.

The gatestone not only works that way for the Behemoth, but it is the only way to safely get out of a boss room incase you are getting low on LP and need to restock and go back to finish the boss.

Also, things alch for double the price the smuggler buys for. Blue charms alch for 11k each, crimsons for 8.7k each, greens for about 3-4k i think, and golds you probably shouldn't alch.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

I already said I have a bow binded (level 10), I use ranged more than melee so that's no problem. I also solo so no big group thing.

Thanks for the alching tip though, saves leaving all those spare blue charms on the ground.

This guy is like the easiest boss. I only use like 3-5 pieces of food to kill him.

It may be because your using range. My range is way better than my melee stats but unless you got high smithing and access to a prom rock you won't be packing good arrows. I only ever pick up armour I find on my way, I don't spend time actively making armour. I use melee and pray magic.

SOS_100x100.png

Help drive change Canada