Cooking Question

Rinoa437

I have a lot of cooking to do and I was wondering which range is closest to a bank. And if your suggested range has a requirement to use, don't forget to post it. Thanks in advance.

If you can use the range inside the cook's guilde (requires Varrock Diary level 3) I'd use that. If not, use the one next to Catherby.

hzvjpwS.gif

The Cook's Guild seems to be the best in the game. Too bad I'm no where near able to complete the Varrock hard diary. :-( Looks like Catherby will be the one unless anyone else thinks of something better.

Rinoa_tilly.png

STATS

[hide]Rinoa_tilly.png[/hide]

The Cook's Guild seems to be the best in the game. Too bad I'm no where near able to complete the Varrock hard diary. :-( Looks like Catherby will be the one unless anyone else thinks of something better.

I'm fairly sure the lumbridge kitchen is the 'least likely to burn food' range in RS. Also you can go down the trapdoor in the kitchen for easy banking if you've done RFD.

Otherwise just run up the stairs twice and bank there.

I'm only suggesting this if you're burning a lot, otherwise go with Catherby.

2eprbpj.png

I'm fairly sure the lumbridge kitchen is the 'least likely to burn food' range in RS.

Can anyone confirm this? The added time to bank would be worth it if it means significantly less food burned.

Most players will want to stick with shorter run distance.

very few players make a low enough income such that they would be justified to use the lumbridge range, even if it's better.

Naaxi.png

I'm fairly sure the lumbridge kitchen is the 'least likely to burn food' range in RS.

Can anyone confirm this? The added time to bank would be worth it if it means significantly less food burned.

The Lumbridge range is least likely to burn food out of all the other ranges and the distance is comparable to catherby's range. It's up to you whether or not it's worth it. If you're pretty far away from your food's 100% success rate (ie no burning) it would be better to use.

Lumbridge range > All other ranges > fires in terms of success.

hzvjpwS.gif

Lumby range is not better, do not listen to him. It burns less but is is much slower so you will get lower exp rates. If you do cooking smart you shouldn't burn much anyways. The best is rouges den, cooking guild is better but you need to do the diary and its a bit lonely.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

Lumby range is not better, do not listen to him. It burns less but is is much slower so you will get lower exp rates. If you do cooking smart you shouldn't burn much anyways. The best is rouges den, cooking guild is better but you need to do the diary and its a bit lonely.

They are correct about the Lumby range. No one said it was better, they said it burns less, which it does. However, they also stated that it's not worth the extra distance you have to go.

I cooked at Rogue's Den, and in fact, that's the only place I cook (unless I'm cooking something that requires a range).

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

I did my 99 at the rouge's den. They usually have the guy trapped right next to the fire so its easy, but also there are usually a lot of fun people to talk to, and people not only train cooking there, but you have the thieves, people train with plank make there and also firemaking, so if you like company that's the place to be.

goro_fujita.png

Different ranges have different success rates? o.o

News to me.

The lumbridge one is the only one that's different.

If you talk to the cook he explains that the salesman told him it would cook better and after much testing by players, this was confirmed to be true, but it's not worth the slower xp rates.

Schmuall.png

give F2P a penny and they want a dime; give P2P a quarter, they want 100,000 dollars, your car, house, boat, social security number, credit card numbers, drivers license, clothes on your back and everything you ever owned or interacted with ever