Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Lucid dreaming

• Please log in to reply
247 replies to this topic

i_love_burritos
[ Display Name History ]

i_love_burritos

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,668 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None

I wanna try this but I don't really want to have any of the side effects you mentioned.

Anyone had any of them?

I followed wongtong's instructions and halfway through my arms/legs started twitching and shaking.

To wongtong or anyone else who has done this successfully, what am I supposed to think about when I'm laying down still ?

Wongtong
[ Display Name History ]

Wongtong

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,888 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

OH! is that why I itch so badly when I'm trying to sleep? WOW. I never knew lol. I've have these lucid dreams quite often, as in I know I'm dreaming, but I don't usually have control of what I do.

I think that's regular dreaming. I only think though.

No, I'm pretty sure being aware that you're dreaming is lucid dreaming - just not to the same 'stage' as being able to control your dreams. I can't find the page where I read this right now but there are different stages of lucid dreaming, i.e just being aware but not having control > being aware and having control > complete control

Adrenal, anything I guess? I like repeating to myself in my head that I'm dreaming though. Or you can think stuff like "I'm going to have a lucid dream" to help force yourself to have one :D
Posted Image
WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME
#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Yes_Its_Ross
[ Display Name History ]

Yes_Its_Ross

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 590 posts
Trying this tonight.
]

K4ylan
[ Display Name History ]

K4ylan

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,924 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Harpy Priest
  • Clan:Harpies
I wanna try this, but I'm scared that I'll do something wrong and just never wake up. I'm also afraid I'll think I'm dreaming, and do something stupid, only to find out that it wasn't a dream.

champion
[ Display Name History ]

champion

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,176 posts
I'm actually excited to go to sleep tonight to try this out again. :lol: Even if it didn't work last night, it still was an interesting experience.

Riku3220
[ Display Name History ]

Riku3220

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 7,800 posts
I'm going to try this tonight. :thumbup:
Posted Image

Albel
[ Display Name History ]

Albel

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,189 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Albel
  • RSN2:Seaoh
  • Clan:SoDB

Im getting ready to go to bed and shall do this as well. Im very anxious :unsure:

35bvvh1.png

Quotes

Runescape Achievements

Wongtong
[ Display Name History ]

Wongtong

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,888 posts

Im getting ready to go to bed and shall do this as well. Im very anxious :unsure:

Remember, if you freak out you can just hold your breath and it'll be over. You don't have to force yourself to do it with the method in the first post, there are other ways. (Which take more practise) Be sure to post how it went tomorrow :) Have a nice dream :P
Posted Image
#1 Wongtong stalker.

Riku3220
[ Display Name History ]

Riku3220

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 7,800 posts

Is this really a worthwhile topic, even if it's posted in Off-Topic?

I think it is. We could post our experiences and what we dreamt about. We could post about any new kinds of symptoms we get while trying to induce lucid dreaming.

I'm going to bed in about in hour. Should be fun if I can make it past the "Are you asleep" stage.
Posted Image

Giordano
[ Display Name History ]

Giordano

Troll General

• Members
  • 11,438 posts
  • RSN:Pasta Cheif
  • Clan:Chef Films
I'm going to attempt this. I don't think I could stand lying still for more than five minutes but I'll try my best.
"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."
Posted Image

Jernlov
[ Display Name History ]

Jernlov

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,171 posts
Been trying (unsuccessfully) for a while now. Tried earlier today and it felt entirely different to the past times I tried - I think I got incredibly close to drifting off. I truly felt as if I were transcending into a completely different plane of consciousness and I was fully aware that I was doing it; it was pretty amazing in my opinion.

Will give it another try later and see if I can finally pull it off.

K4ylan
[ Display Name History ]

K4ylan

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,924 posts
If what everyone is saying is true...sounds like a free, healthy way to get high...and while you're asleep too! Sounds pretty awesome, and makes me look forward to going to bed.

Jernlov
[ Display Name History ]

Jernlov

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,171 posts

If what everyone is saying is true...sounds like a free, healthy way to get high...and while you're asleep too! Sounds pretty awesome, and makes me look forward to going to bed.

I don't really think it's like being high. Try it and see for yourself though, the experience varies a lot between people.

Wongtong
[ Display Name History ]

Wongtong

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,888 posts
I have found another 'method' to lucid dream. I haven't tested this myself but here goes:

Lie on your back with arms on pillow above head until sleepy.
Get into your usual position.
This signals to your brain 'sleep time'
Keep telling yourself you are about to have a lucid dream and visualise walking up/down steps to the dream world.

Ignore any itches or urges to move.
You will soon see either visual disturbances (patterns) or the steps become much more vivid. Sounds are good signs.

Eventually you may feel high but not always.

You will see a scene form. The steps lead into it.
Jump into the scene.

Done

Someone else tested this method and said:

Anyways, I waited until about 5 am to do this, to make sure I was extremely tired.

I used the method described in this picture. After about 20 minutes, I began to see flashing lights, and the lights eventually started forming patterns.

As I was imagining going up the stairs, I began to feel like I was being pulled through the sky, extremely fast, as if I was on a roller coaster. my left eye started twitching, and for a split second, I saw a field at the top of the stairs.

After this, however, I began to get excited about it finally happening, and it all reverted back to the point of just bits of flashing light. I wasn't sure if I was in the lucid dream or not, so I opened my eyes and looked around. Saw nothing. I wasn't sure whether or not I was actually in it, so I stood up, turned on my light,and looked at my fingers.

Sadly, It was RL. Lame ending, I know /:

Another random helpful quote:

I actually have done it before. It takes about 20 mins of just lying there to get the feeling of weight on your chest but once you get that far then you start to see things. I didn't have that much control per say but concentrating hard on things helps. The having flash backs from long forgotten events in your life is a norm also.

Posted Image
#1 Wongtong stalker.

Distracted
[ Display Name History ]

Distracted

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  • RSN:A Real Fool
I don't have a lot of time right now, so I'll keep it short and might elaborate some other time. I think I got into REM sleep, but I'm not sure if I was really completely paralyzed.

I did feel like there was a box or something on my chest, but when I tried to move my thumb, it worked. Now, this REM sleep, thing, my eyes started moving around violently (to the point they started tearing) but that's all that happened. What am I supposed to do then? Just keep on sleeping? I didn't dream and when I opened my eyes I wasn't hallucinating or anything. I tried to imagine myself into a dream but that didn't work.

K4ylan
[ Display Name History ]

K4ylan

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,924 posts

I don't have a lot of time right now, so I'll keep it short and might elaborate some other time. I think I got into REM sleep, but I'm not sure if I was really completely paralyzed.

I did feel like there was a box or something on my chest, but when I tried to move my thumb, it worked. Now, this REM sleep, thing, my eyes started moving around violently (to the point they started tearing) but that's all that happened. What am I supposed to do then? Just keep on sleeping? I didn't dream and when I opened my eyes I wasn't hallucinating or anything. I tried to imagine myself into a dream but that didn't work.

You body should feel stiff, like you can't move, and you should start hallucinating, at which point you can close your eyes and start Lucid Dreaming.

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,010 posts
Learn from my mistakes and don't try this after watching The Nightmare on Elm Street... damn claw slashes on my chest are gonna take forever to heal.

77yLQy8.png

Albel
[ Display Name History ]

Albel

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,189 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Albel
  • RSN2:Seaoh
  • Clan:SoDB
So last night as I was doing the first method the OP had posted, I could not stay still. I tried so many times. But I could not stay still for the life of me. I didnt reach any stage of lucid dreaming, so yeah. I am going to try this again later tonight in hopes of a better result.

35bvvh1.png

Quotes

Runescape Achievements

Abc1230
[ Display Name History ]

Abc1230

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,416 posts

I tried this last night. I think I did it wrong... I was just laying there and then I woke up :/ My eyes didn't go crazy or anything and I didn't feel a weight on my chest or whatever... I didn't really have any urge to move around and I wasn't itching... at all... I'm pretty sure I was staying perfectly still. I just fell asleep, I think >.> Halp?

It happened again :wall: I tried telling myself that I was going to lucid dream, but that didn't do anything :/ I just fell asleep again without knowing it >.> Am I just not able to do it? :/ I guess I'll try one of teh other methods tonight >.>

Riku3220
[ Display Name History ]

Riku3220

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 7,800 posts
I tried it last night but it didn't work for me. I got to the eye movement and hearing sounds part early on but then it just stopped. I lied still for a few more minutes with nothing else happening and I just fell asleep without trying. My big toe twitched twice but I don't think that was enough to cancel the entire thing.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users