Lucid dreaming

Wongtong

I used to be able to do this, but for some reason, I've lost the ability.

Is this really a worthwhile topic, even if it's posted in Off-Topic?

Yes, I think so at least, this is a very interesting topic in my opinion and I'd love to read others results with lucid dreaming.

21ed8x.jpg

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Guest Mrmegakirby

I need to focus more when I do this. I always let my mind wander, then end up dreaming normally. Must pay more [bleep]ing attention. I want to experience sleep paralisis, damn it.

I need to focus more when I do this. I always let my mind wander, then end up dreaming normally. Must pay more [bleep]ing attention. I want to experience sleep paralisis, damn it.

Hmm, I remember when sleeping used to be a peaceful thing.

This is the 21st century. Sleep is back breaking work.

Haha got that right.

I laid in bed for about 20 minutes, then i got a itch on my head that i was like "Screw this, I'll try it again later." But this dreaming sounds amazing, but scary at the same time :ohnoes:

Nani mo dekinai

Chanto dekinai

Sore ga dou shita?

Bokura wa wakai'n da

Nanimo dekinai

Sugu ni dekinai

Dakara bokura ni kanou sei ga aru'n da

~AKB48

I didn't read all 6 pages. Just thought I should say that before I shared my words. :)

First of all:

www.dreamviews.com

A website with forums and everything, where people discuss lucid dreams, techniques, experiences in their dreams, among everything else to do with sleeping and dreaming. :)

I've tried to dream lucidly before, but I've only succeeded twice. Once was quite by accident. The first time, I false awakened (meaning that I "woke up", but I was really still dreaming) a good 4 or 5 times, and one time I realised, omgosh, I'm dreaming! However it didn't last long. As soon as I realised I was dreaming, I lost control. I tried the spinning technique mentioned in the first post, but the world around me kind of span with me.. and wiped itself black. It was weird to watch. It was like someone wiped a black cloth over my eyes, and then I fell back into normal dreams.

The second time, I made myself stay awake while my body stayed asleep. I've tried this many times, and sometimes I'm close to successful, but usually the sounds and feelings freak me out way to much and I need to stop. I get a LOOUUDD ringing in my ears, and everything feels tingly. It's mostly the loud ringing that makes me need to stop. It's SO LOUD. Twice I managed to get past that. The first time, I sat up after it all quit, really quickly, and found myself completely awake again. :( I should have moved slower or something I think.. The second time I actually entered a dream. However it was scary... there was a black cat (that did not like me..) and it was all dark, and I quickly lost control of the dream and began to dream normally.

Those are my experiences with lucid dreams. I haven't tried any time in the last year or so.. but maybe sometime I'll get back into trying again. It would be so cool to be able to do anything, see your wildest dreams come true (pun not intended. :P) Good luck to anyone who wants to try this out!

Blakdragon39.png

My dream last night had something to do with pedophiles, but I don't remember what it was, nor do I want to. :uhh:

Roses are red,

Violets are blue.

This line doesn't rhyme,

And neither does this one.

All I remember about my dream last night was that I was looking for the brake pedal in the car I was driving.

...yeah

Is it just me, or does your signature fit every single one of your posts?

EDIT: It also appears we both posted in the wrong dream thread.

Roses are red,

Violets are blue.

This line doesn't rhyme,

All I remember about my dream last night was that I was looking for the brake pedal in the car I was driving.

...yeah

Is it just me, or does your signature fit every single one of your posts?

EDIT: It also appears we both posted in the wrong dream thread.

I suppose that's why I chose it.

And it wasn't an accident I posted in this thread really... that thread is laaame.

Sorry for double post, but I'm not gonna edit the nearly-two-day-old one.

I'm keeping a tape recorder by my bed now so whenever I wake up I can record what my most recent dream was. I know did it at 4 in the morning but I don't remember what the [bleep] I said... should be interesting.

I thought I do this all the time, by accident though. I always have thoughts running in my head, every single day about anything. So sometimes it is difficult for me to fall asleep as you can imagine with all these thoughts running around your head. So sometimes I just lay down and ignore everything except my breathing, I don't think I ever changed my dream though. I mean I did remember some of them and during some dreams I understood I was dreaming. Dunno, it sounds wierd to me.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Is anyone else having fragmented dreams? Like 5 or 6 things happening which have no correlation with each other.

Still haven't started lucid dreaming yet and I'm onto Day 4 of the dream journal ;(.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

Is anyone else having fragmented dreams? Like 5 or 6 things happening which have no correlation with each other.

Yeah, but only 4 or so for me. Perhaps there are more which I cannot remember. And for some reason I always wake up around 4AM, it's then that I just stay awake for about 15 minutes just thinking about what I've dreamt, and then the rest of the morning I have better dreams.

I tried this out last night and I I started dreaming twice I think while I was awake and had my eyes closed. Once I figured out I was dreaming I woke up though. before I started dreaming I couldn't feel my arms/legs but didn't want to open my eyes because I didn't have the weight on my chest feeling. Does moving your eyes effect this at all? I can keep everything still except my eyes, my eyelids stay closed but I can feel my eyes moving around. Sorry about little mistakes in this post it was typedon my iPod.

Edit: the dreams I had were completely random and not related like the post two above me.

Michigander.png

I'm too scared to try this. I went into sleep paralysis twice now and they were the most scariest things that ever happened to me. In one of them there was a black shadow in the middle of the room, and I had the feeling there was an evil entity in my room. The other time was ever scarier, there was an alien in the corner of my room looking at my like this: http://www.reflectionsinthenight.com/grey_aliens_files/image002.jpg Ow ow ow I never wanna have another sleep paralysis in my live ever again and appearently you have to go through the sleep paralysis (not being able to move, hallucinating, hearing noises) in order to have a lucid dream.

Still haven't started lucid dreaming yet and I'm onto Day 4 of the dream journal ;(.

I've been keeping my dream journal for about 2 years, I dunno if 4 days would really improve your dream recall that much.

Dutch, don't do it again if you find it too scary. There are other methods to lucid dream which does NOT require sleep paralysis.. a few have been mentioned earlier in this thread - such as constantly having reality checks.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

I've been keeping my dream journal for about 2 years, I dunno if 4 days would really improve your dream recall that much.

Dutch, don't do it again if you find it too scary. There are other methods to lucid dream which does NOT require sleep paralysis.. a few have been mentioned earlier in this thread - such as constantly having reality checks.

Reality checks never worked for me. I could never think of a way to remember to actually do them.

If I actually want to lucid dream, there's this other method that I don't remember the name of. Basically you sleep for a little while, and (hopefully) dream. Then wake up, get up and do something for a few minutes, and fall asleep again, all while concentrating on the dream you just woke up from. The idea is that you'll go straight back into the dream, but you'll know you're dreaming.

Roses are red,

Violets are blue.

This line doesn't rhyme,

I've been rememberig my dreams quite well this week, and had a lucid dream last night. Unfortunately I realised in the middle a dream that invloved me getting with a girl, and I didn't have 100% percent control so I kinda just went with what was ging on...which I'd imagine you all can guess :oops:

rosssigfinal.jpg

I've been rememberig my dreams quite well this week, and had a lucid dream last night. Unfortunately I realised in the middle a dream that invloved me getting with a girl, and I didn't have 100% percent control so I kinda just went with what was ging on...which I'd imagine you all can guess :oops:

I feel as if this is the right time to say this:

Not even in your dreams

I had one this morning...!

I woke up too early, so I tried it and it worked perfectly :D!

I'm not sure I'd like to share though, lol... too embarrasing :oops: ...