Lucid dreaming

Wongtong

I'm still not having much luck, but I hear it can take a lot of work. I've kept a dream journal the last 4 days, and the dreams I remember are getting much longer and more vivid, which is a good sign. :) I've got the next 4 months where I don't have to worry about how much sleep I get, so I'm going to really try all summer! I've tried the WBTB (Wake Back to Bed) method, which is basically the WILD method only after waking up in the middle of the night (hopefully just before and REM cycle). I always lose focus really quickly though, and just fall back asleep. :(

Blakdragon39.png

American dad has a brilliant episode about this.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Have tried it for a few days, but can't seem to get one anymore. It works best with people who take naps, tbh. Or wake up from your alarm then go back to sleep.

No one really likes talking about what they dream about though, it's usually embarrassing or dirty

I usually walk up randomly in the morning so I guess I should try it then huh?

I had this weird 'dream reset' a couple of days ago. Something happened and I was thinking 'that could have gone a little better' so the dream rewinded a little and the scene played over again.

Embarrassing dreams are a little too dirty for this forum hah.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

Guest Mrmegakirby

I put myself in sleep paralisis last night. It felt like I was on a roller coaster, and I woke up all sweaty.

I think I almost got this, guys ;)

Lucky. I'm really sleepy now, so I'll go try it now, let's see if I get a better result, last time I didn't I got annoyed by laying still (the first time that happened in like 5 times lol).

Good night :P

Well, I didn't get into sleep paralysis or anything, I fell asleep normally.

BUT on the other hand, my dream was so damn awesome, it was huge and it kept on going and going and it was also a cool dream, not a nightmare or something like that.

Sadly it was that long that I don't remember a few chunks from it, but what I do remember is being at home, and having two disgusting creepy bugs at home trying to kill us and stuff like that.

Oh btw Wongtong, you've kept a journal for a pretty long time, does anything significant keep recurring?

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

Oh btw Wongtong, you've kept a journal for a pretty long time, does anything significant keep recurring?

No, but I realise I have very disturbing dreams, and that my dreams really do reflect my surroundings and the people I'm close with at the time.

e.g I kept dreaming about this one person when I was close to them, now I never see them and I don't have any dreams about them.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

What purpose does a dream diary serve, exactly ? Does it help you be able to dream lucidly more often ? And can someone explain the reality check method to me ? Also, whenever I use that "lie really still method" I get the best dreams, not lucid but still very interesting. :thumbup:

I'm not sure what the purpose of keeping a dream diary is.. I just started keeping one because I thought my dreams were interesting and bizaare. I do know that it's to help your dream recall - I guess if you do manage to dream lucidly, you want to be able to remember it?

The reality check method is where you constantly check to see if you're awake, even if you KNOW you're awake.

For example, I went through a phase where I would count my fingers a few times during the day.

Once you get into the habit of this, you'll end up dreaming about yourself wanting to do the reality check out of habit. This happened to me, and I tried to count my fingers in my dream. But my fingers went all funny and I realised I was dreaming and so then I was able to lucid dream properly.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

I'm not sure what the purpose of keeping a dream diary is.. I just started keeping one because I thought my dreams were interesting and bizaare. I do know that it's to help your dream recall - I guess if you do manage to dream lucidly, you want to be able to remember it?

The reality check method is where you constantly check to see if you're awake, even if you KNOW you're awake.

For example, I went through a phase where I would count my fingers a few times during the day.

Once you get into the habit of this, you'll end up dreaming about yourself wanting to do the reality check out of habit. This happened to me, and I tried to count my fingers in my dream. But my fingers went all funny and I realised I was dreaming and so then I was able to lucid dream properly.

I sometimes do superhuman things (in my dreams) and don't even realise I'm dreaming, though :o. It's weird, it's not that easy to think properly whilst in a dream, it's like you just follow your instincts, weird stuff.

how i can tell im in a lucid dream is if a red ball bounces by.

who said it?

anyways....i wouldnt TRY to lucid dream, i think they are good once in a while. i had one 2 days ago, was pretty weird, but weird [cabbage] can happen in lucid dreams. wouldnt want weird [cabbage] happing every night no sir.

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

a few days ago i had this dream

i was walking through what seemed to be some kind of village/small sidestreet/camping while walking with my bike

then ,i walk into a house and theres a girl in there i only know from face, and the conversation went like:

"Wow Hylbren (my name) you actually came!"

"yup"

"here i have something for you"

*she gives me a paper with was to me gibbrish but i seem to be able to read it in my dream*

"and?"

"yes i want to"

and then we jump on her bed,we go under the covers and everything slowly fades to black

then, i awoke :mellow:

wierd :blink:

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

• 2 weeks later...

Had to bump this to tell something.

Had my first lucid dream last night. Here's how it went:

I went home on foot and opened the garage door to my house. Walked in, and I was somehow in my Grandma's house. I was walking into my "room" when I realized that I opened the garage door to my house and went into my GRANDMA's house. So, I did a reality check. Plugged my nose, and I was still breathing. That's when I realized I was dreaming. I turned around and saw a lamp, and pointed my finger at it. The lamp turned off. Pointed my finger at it again, and the lamp turned on.

I then walked up to the window, and jumped out (did another reality check before so I made sure I was dreaming) and I spread my arms, and I was flying! Except for some reason my Grandma's house was on a mountain. I was flying and the Flying song from Super Mario 64 (if any of you have played that) was playing. I then woke up.

That was amazing, I want to experience that again.

Had to bump this to tell something.

Had my first lucid dream last night. Here's how it went:

I went home on foot and opened the garage door to my house. Walked in, and I was somehow in my Grandma's house. I was walking into my "room" when I realized that I opened the garage door to my house and went into my GRANDMA's house. So, I did a reality check. Plugged my nose, and I was still breathing. That's when I realized I was dreaming. I turned around and saw a lamp, and pointed my finger at it. The lamp turned off. Pointed my finger at it again, and the lamp turned on.

I then walked up to the window, and jumped out (did another reality check before so I made sure I was dreaming) and I spread my arms, and I was flying! Except for some reason my Grandma's house was on a mountain. I was flying and the Flying song from Super Mario 64 (if any of you have played that) was playing. I then woke up.

That was amazing, I want to experience that again.

Flying dreams are awesome. The last one I had was about a year ago, but I'm not sure if it was lucid. I was at school, and for some reason I was a ghost, so I just jumped through the ceiling. I flew around for a little bit until I landed on this runway type thing, except there was a ramp on the end. I ran along the runway at 20-30mph and jumped of the ramp. Flew around a little bit more until it just stopped working, and I fell to the ground and woke up. For some reason that's how all my flying dreams end.

Roses are red,

Violets are blue.

This line doesn't rhyme,

And neither does this one.

We were watching a video in a history yesterday. Long story short, it was the last period of the day, the lights were off, and I was pretty much falling asleep. When my eyes were closed with my head down on my desk I was sort of dreaming, sort of thinking. I was half-asleep. I was dreaming I was listening to my iPod. It changed from a non-vocal song to a one with prominent vocals. I guess since I knew the song I knew how the singer would sound. But then the old guy talking in the video "replaced" the singer. So in my half-dreaming state I'm like "wtf?" then had a moment of confusion, then woke up.

Doesn't have all that much to do with lucid dreaming, but I thought it was kind of funny.

Guest Mrmegakirby

I had a lucid dream last night...It was lucid for about 5 minutes, then I sort of...forgot.

I used to always lucid dream when i was younger. Never really tried to do it it just happened, but a few years ago it just stopped and i havn't actually rememberd any dream since then . Might try to induce one one day. I remember some crazy stuff going on in my head.

Kind of afraid though since the last lucid dream i remember i couldn't actually force myslef awake and ended up trapped in a childs play movie for what seemed like hours.... although i do remember some fun things that might make it worth it :oops:

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

sometimes lucid dreams are scary and you cant "get out" of them

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

I'm gonna say that I think the reality check method is better than the WILD method.

Supposedly the WILD method can induce night terrors while you're paralysed. I THINK I had a night terror the other night, well something close to a night terror. Seriously, no one wants to go through that. I have never felt so afraid D:

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.