is dragonfire shield still the best shield?

evita_deade

It is the best reasonable shield price wise

The dungeoneering ones are pretty decent but lot of effort to get

Spirit shields (the full ones) pwn it but they cost a fortune

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

DFS seems to be the best with little effort, its a lot easier to get 40m then the 500B+ for ely/div or 80 Dung for the new ones. Another great shield is the blessed spirit shield, with similar stats to the DFS but with a prayer bonus but no strength bonus.

Buy it only if you're actually going to use it, which means go hunt bosses or something, the idea of buying a 40m shield for regular training is just not so clever.

I have a DFS and a Spectral Spirit Shield, I use the SSS for Armadyl and the DFS for all my other activites

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

DFS never was the best shield. Rune defender is the best for training melee, unholy book is the best for training ranged, arcane spirit shield is the best for training magic, and divine spirit shield is the best for tanking bosses.

DFS never was the best shield. Rune defender is the best for training melee, unholy book is the best for training ranged, arcane spirit shield is the best for training magic, and divine spirit shield is the best for tanking bosses.

This, and even if you need more defense than the defender gives during normal training the Blessed Spirit Shield gives decent defensive bonuses at 1/10th the cost.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

If you're at a net of 100m or less, I'd say shoot for the BSS if you must have a higher tier shield. If you got the money to spare, go for the DFS. The difference between the two really is negligible. If you want strength bonus, sport the rune defender or obsidian shield if you need defense.

untitled8copyiu7.gif

The best shield, in terms of overall stats without busting your stones in cost, is a DFS. BSS' are pretty decent, but the DFS is a chunk better, and has a str bonus. If you are talking about the best shield slot item, i would generally go with the rune defender. it gives a great str and atk bonus which benefits the average slayer more than a DFS. Boss hunting with a DFS, although i have yet to try, seems like a good way to go based on logic and other people's reports. But overall, for me, i dont feel it is required.

Geesch.png

Geesch.png

id just like to throw in there that the dragon sq is best for price i mean come on... 300k for all 50's? i know blah blah no str wheres the str i need str must hit 1 more damage :(] but price wise for stats 300k for 50 compared to 40 mill for 70s and 5 mill for 60-70's dragon sq hands down is best bang for its buck when you want defense.

About the boss hunting... defender destroys dfs. Ive soloed many bosses with whip and the defender hands down yields more kills.