Optimal Dungeoneering

ghjkl

I did a run where I just skipped all the monsters, and I took a huge exp penalty. And I didn't have that great gear when going on the boss.

Kill em all.

I've tried it and had the same result.

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.

My sample size is small, but I am almost getting the impression that my experience is halved when you don't extract the resources in a room, even if you kill them all.

Because I tried to do levels faster by just killing everything, but I end up with half the experience when I also fish everything empty, mine all rocks etc.

Or am I just missing something?

spuriousmonk.png

spuriousmonk.png

Currently the level mod has a glitch. It says 10%, but in reality it only adds 9% in the total modifier.

I think it's due to rounding issues.

But yeah, kill all monsters and use up as many resources as possible, it really helps.

I never use up any fishing sources, don't usually cut trees and only mine fractite rocks but still get the 10% (9%) bonus.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

My sample size is small, but I am almost getting the impression that my experience is halved when you don't extract the resources in a room, even if you kill them all.

Because I tried to do levels faster by just killing everything, but I end up with half the experience when I also fish everything empty, mine all rocks etc.

You know base/prestige experience also depends on how fast you do the round? - If you do it (much) faster as planned the xp increases (and if you do it much more slowly the xp decreases). Ow and on the other hand, did anyone

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

You know base/prestige experience also depends on how fast you do the round? - If you do it (much) faster as planned the xp increases (and if you do it much more slowly the xp decreases). Ow and on the other hand, did anyone

really!!!??? it also depends on how fast you do the level!? I didn't know that.

spuriousmonk.png

spuriousmonk.png

I'm almost certain that it does not depend on how fast you do rounds. I've had some "goof around" small maps where I took over an hour and got the expected XP.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

I'm almost certain that it does not depend on how fast you do rounds. I've had some "goof around" small maps where I took over an hour and got the expected XP.

well they did say so during the live q&a series.. - There is a post in the 130+ page long discussion about dungeoneering containing this (I'm too lazy to look it up)

Then they came for me

well they did say so during the live q&a series.. - There is a post in the 130+ page long discussion about dungeoneering containing this (I'm too lazy to look it up)

All I remember reading was that the XP for the levels/prestige was based around how long the dungeons were expected to take, nothing about more xp if you finished faster.

Some of the crewbies thought the same thing. However, jagex simply stated that you have a lower xp/hr output if you do maps slower. Think about it... if you do maps more slowly, that's fewer maps per hour, which is less xp. It has NOTHING to do with map speed.

lalalasig2.png

I always thought level modifier meant how high your cbl/ toatal level is. haha

So here is some unbiased fact:

I have soloed all 38 of my dun levels, on every level I kill ALL the monsters and search ALL the rooms I can. For the resources, I usually fish only 1 short-finned eel spot, and maybe the occasional tree for wc xp.

Every time I always got 10% level mod no more no less, therefore i always thought it was because of my combat level.

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

Some of the crewbies thought the same thing. However, jagex simply stated that you have a lower xp/hr output if you do maps slower. Think about it... if you do maps more slowly, that's fewer maps per hour, which is less xp. It has NOTHING to do with map speed.

Hmm indeed it might be interpreted that way...

However if that's what they meant it was a pretty useless statement.. Anyone could figure that out >.<

Then they came for me

Those dinosaur-like creatures, the ones that get caught in the hunter traps and used to make leather armor, don't count towards the level modifier so you don't have to worry about killing them. I find it better to trap them instead as you get a lot more hides then just killing them, I once gotten 3-4 hides off one by trapping it.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

Yes, I can verify that the time in the dungeon is not a factor. (Other than XP/hour as has been mentioned) I can repeatedly get the same base XP by doing the same dungeon over again.

Some factors that I KNOW factor into base XP. (and yes, I know many of these are double counted in % modifiers):

Floor

% Monsters killed

Complexity

EDIT - The following info may be incorrect, as it seems that combat level is a factor

Number of people dungeon was designed for

Number of people who started/finished the dungeon (it's at least one of these, I do not know what combination of them)

Some factors that DO NOT factor into base XP:

Deaths

Guide Mode

I have recorded stats for hundreds of raids, and will publish my findings soon. I still have several hundred level combinations to test. (I'm in the top 4% of dungeoneers to date)