Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Tip.it Times 26 April 2010

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

xxshady
[ Display Name History ]

xxshady

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 961 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:xxshady

The mods said they weren't planning on expanding dungeneering outside of Daemonheim.

I suggest you read the Dungeoneering Q&A again, since you seem to lack reading comprehension.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

legume_25
[ Display Name History ]

legume_25

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 11 posts

The thing that the author got wrong, in my opinion, is that for all of the other skills he mentioned, you can train them without training the skill's that go along with it. All of the materials to train the skills he mentioned (fletch, smith) can be purchased through the G.E. and someone else can train the gathering skill (woodcut, mining). Also, these skills are dependent on only a one or two skills where as dung. is dependent on every single skill. The author also didn't mention the tokens aspect of the skill which gives it that mini-game feel.

You're actually wrong there. The dungeon that is created for you will never be impossible to complete. You may not be able to get to all the bonus rooms, and you personally may not be the one in your group able to complete tasks or gather materials, but the path to the boss room is always POSSIBLE. So having higher levels in other skills is just a bonus, not a requirement (just as in every other skill). Even the enemies you face have their levels scaled to your team.

gompo
[ Display Name History ]

gompo

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Gompo
  • Clan:AESOP
well, before i get started, i admit it, i am stoopid.

that being said (and for many people, soon to be proven) my .02 on dung. (be prepared, i am long winded)

i wasnt that pleased when i first heard about the new "skill" but oh well, RS wasnt just built to make me happy, and recently, i have come to the realization that it seems to be less and less what makes me happy. dung is just the most recent update that i am unhappy with.

i, as i have become acustumed to doing, waited a few days before i tried dung out as too many times in the past, content has been added only to have bugs in it that sometimes makes jagex think somehow the players are responsible for the bugs and get in trouble when they take advantage of, what they believe to be, the content of whatever update has problems with (i refer to the fremmy diary, but could almost be talking about the RCing problem in dung), and give them an opertunity to fix those bugs and, as i stated above, i am stoopid, so i wanted other players feedback before i tried it. as it turns out, i was to stoopid to understand what i was hearing, so i still went into dung pretty much unprepared as the first player to try it was.

well, i played for about 4 hours, i got to skill level 4, and gave up. i figured out several things, first, i must be more stoopid than i thought as it seems i need to do cyphering to determine wether or not i am doing any good. second, i figured out that this must be a real pain in the rear to do for new players, and third that whatever dung is, it isnt a skill, a whole new game that jagex could have put on funorb or called it runescape dung, and made it replace RS (like RS did to classic), but not a skill. (other things i figured out too, but i think these three are good for making my point.)

now for my stoopid reasoning....

first, i am still confused as to what in the heck is going on. i finish a dung, some charts and graphs appear (whatever all that information was) and it somehow cyphers out how much xp i got. woot, i was so excited, now i have a mini game/ activity/ skill telling me i am a waste of space because i am too stoopid to do whatever in the heck i was doing to get any more xp than i did. i am called stoopid enough without this "skill" calling me that. heck, it isnt like i have played RS for a few years but when i started it i had the RL knowledge to know that steel is usually better armor than iron, but dung has armor and weapons i gotta deduce their functions from scratch. i am to stoopid for that so no thanks.

second, wow, the darn bosses were tough and here i was thinking the new skill wasnt going to be "combat" based, but i am stoopid, so i probabaly just misunderstood. anyway, here i am thinking, how in the heck can new players beat these bosses, i know they are not real bad, but i know i couldnt have beat them as a new player. i just thought "darn good thing i have the skills i have, i couldnt do this without them". i even burned food!! low level food!! (i cyphered it was low level as it healed very little constitution/lifepoints/hitpoints (that is how stoopid i am, still trying to figgure that out)).

so i am talking dung with some friends and commented on how i couldnt see how a new player could even do this new "skill" to which they inform me (after they take into account my stoopidness) that this "skill" is based on my "skills".

SAY WHAT!! HUH??

ok, i am stoopid, i am sure everybody believes me now, but a skill that makes me skill at a different level than someone else??

so, i am working harder than new players for the same xp?? what is up with that?? what happened here?

i get to fight a boss in a level 1 dung that is harder to kill that a player that started playing yesterday, and we get the same xp?

somehow that just does not seem right (of course, it may not be right either, i cant imagine this to be true, somebody may be kidding me cause they know i am stoopid). seems like all those skills i have earned in the rest of runescape have given me a handicap. is RS bowling now? golf?

"uh-oh, gompo would squish bosses that new players will have problems with, we gotta make it harder for him!!"

doesnt this seem bass akwards? if i had never done slayer before and had the combat level i do now, would i start slayer with the best slayer master and then get the same xp killing dark beasts as a player that just started playing did for killing cave critters? i dont think so. but in dung i understand that is what happens.

and, that bytes.

third, if i wanted to start a whole new MMOLRPG (or whatever it is called) i would have started one. with dung, i get to refigure out and earn stuff all over and over again. i am happy with RS, that is why i dont play other games, let alone one i start over every time i play.

my point is (i know, about dang time),

dung might have made a great mini game (or whatever in the heck they are called now), or even a great fun orb game.

but as a skill in RS, well, i call it dung for a reason.

No matter where you go, there you are.

Posted Image

Othelbark
[ Display Name History ]

Othelbark

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • RSN:Othelbark
  • RSN2:druidguthix

so i am talking dung with some friends and commented on how i couldnt see how a new player could even do this new "skill" to which they inform me (after they take into account my stoopidness) that this "skill" is based on my "skills".

SAY WHAT!! HUH??

ok, i am stoopid, i am sure everybody believes me now, but a skill that makes me skill at a different level than someone else??

so, i am working harder than new players for the same xp?? what is up with that?? what happened here?

i get to fight a boss in a level 1 dung that is harder to kill that a player that started playing yesterday, and we get the same xp?

"Dung" as you call it is designed so no mater what your skills are you can get through every level of Daemonheim.
And so you find it just as hard as anyone, ie: it will be as hard for a level 138 as it would be for a level 3.

It's a little easer if you skills are balanced, but that isn't so important if your in a party.

i admit it, i am stoopid.

You are right more right than you know.

Goals

If you are my enemy: May Guthix bring you Rest!
Dragon drops: 2 d meds.
Barrows: Dharok platebody, d med.

Dire_Wolf
[ Display Name History ]

Dire_Wolf

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,721 posts
I don't understand why Jagex expects us to be able to reach level 120...

gompo
[ Display Name History ]

gompo

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • RSN:Gompo
  • Clan:AESOP

SAY WHAT!! HUH??

"Dung" as you call it is designed so no mater what your skills are you can get through every level of Daemonheim.
And so you find it just as hard as anyone, ie: it will be as hard for a level 138 as it would be for a level 3.

It's a little easer if you skills are balanced, but that isn't so important if your in a party.

i admit it, i am stoopid.

You are right more right than you know.

to my knowledge, no other "skill" is based on my other skills. i know some mini games that are geared to my skills, but, a "skill" based on skills, none.

anyway, one of the reasons i have skills is so i can do other things easier. i can RC better and more runes because i earned the level. i can kill blue dragons like a knife through butter, because i have improved my skills. i can mine better, mage better, make anything i can think of in runescape, because i earned the right to.

imagine if i had 99 fletching and they introduced woodcutting as a skill. would i then be "forced " to only chop mage trees because i can fletch them, for the same WC xp as someone who just needs to find and chop oaks?

while i have considered my skills to "be balanced" i didnt earn them to start a new skill with a handicap (yes, a handicap, look it up).

i figure every skill prior to dung being at over 80 each would be balanced, i never dreamed a skill would put my other skills to waste. think about it, i have a dung made for me, one that forces me to use my skills, and i get no benifit from using them, other than getting the same xp as a player who started playing RS just yesterday.

i would have rather jagex remove all my skills and start me like a newborn baby in dung. they do it by not allowing me to carry anything i have earned in the rest of the RS world, why not my skills? (probabaly what was intended if it would have been a stand alone game as i understand it may have been designed to be)

fair to all, and i am not cheated by working harder than anyone else (or i am not getting it easier than others either!) for the same xp and it might be fun (to me, as i know many enjoy dung).

but, nope, i play to earn my levels so i can do anything i want to. with dung, i start at a high level, and earn the same as someone who starts lower. i start every other skill equal with every other player in the whole world, but not dung, why is that?

i am now the proud owner of 18 unearned skill levels of dung. aint i special! :thumbsup:

i am still stoopid, and proud.

No matter where you go, there you are.

Posted Image

xxshady
[ Display Name History ]

xxshady

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 961 posts
  • RSN:xxshady

I don't understand why Jagex expects us to be able to reach level 120...

Uh, they dont. It's an end-game skill that isn't meant to be maxed by everyone. Just like Jagex doesn't "expect" anyone to get a 99, they don't "expect" anyone to get 120 Dungeoneering. They expect you to play the game.

Oh, and:
Posted Image
-------------------------------------------------------------------

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users