Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

How did YOU start clanning?

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

Ralph
[ Display Name History ]

Ralph

Clan Official

• Clan Official
  • 643 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:xPyrox
  • Clan:Downfall/Nexus
Basically this thread is a very simple one. Take a bit of time and explain how you were introduced to the clan world, your first clan, and stuff like that. I'm not going to put coded questions that you have to follow, so just try to post a few sentences on how you first were introduced.

Well I personally founded DS started in W17 (the old 141) not going to lie lol. Don't care if that lowers your views or heightens them of me, 'cause that's where I came from. Started out trying clan wars with the basic "LOL U EAT NUUB" attitude when I was about level 50. At about level 70 I was introduced to a new clan (same day my hockey season ended so I still remember it, because we ended first in Ontario rofl) called KO Unit. I registered on their site because I wanted one of those CUUL RANKZ0RZ beside my name in the CC. From there I basically learned the very basics of warring, some strategy, binding and tanking, etc. Rose to about Council in that clan before quitting on a mass leave.

So yeah, your turn
;)

I have lived my life to the best of my ability, but I have not been able to escape fate, anger, or pain.
Bring me the answers, and the road that leads to truth, reveal to me once and for all, how all of this will end.

Shadows cannot exist without the light. But without the shadows, the light has no meaning.

[Downfall Forums][Downfall YouTube]
Posted Image

kuru72
[ Display Name History ]

kuru72

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:kuru72
  • Clan:TKO Blitz
I was curious about clans so I decided to join the one my friend said he was in. It turns out he wasn't but oh well it was still worth trying out official clanning lol. If it wasn't cause of the clan world, I would of quit RS long time ago.

Posted Image

Retired on: June 30, 2010

Jasper98
[ Display Name History ]

Jasper98

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 223 posts
  • RSN:Jasper98
  • Clan:Final Ko
I started out in w17 / in the wildy too, as a low level for a few years, just always out pking with teams and what we would call today, "open clan chats". Then got to know someone from Phoenix Elites who got me in, and I barely started over a week, after being asked to apply for VR. My FA app for VR of course got "put on hold" where I talked with their App Manager, and I was declined for not having good hours with their wars, and for lacking enough clan experience. So after I applied for other clans, but later got sick of them, decided to start my own clan Final Ko in late 2008, and here I am now =]

btw interesting topic :grin:
Posted Image

Danny_TeamDan
[ Display Name History ]

Danny_TeamDan

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,404 posts
  • Clan:Downfall
I met a friend training agil and we kept in touch. We liked to skill etc chat, then cc was released and he always had friends in there and they ended up making an RSB p2p clan.

I enjoyed it but I lost members and was interested in F2p clanning seeing as I was never extremely rich. 141 prod it up. Made my own clan was sick of lack of organization / lazyness and was impressed with other clans organization (IRC/Forums) join what I'll consider my First real clan.

Back when old wild was around I was curious about pking clans but never got around to applying to one :l

Posted Image

playwivfire
[ Display Name History ]

playwivfire

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 61 posts
was in ni in old wild got invited by nox344 ,then I met rabisafee and hamtaro there , then they quit ni and made 2m so I joined.
REST IN PEACE 2MIGHTY BEST DUTCH CLAN OF ALL TIME, RETIRED FROM RS PEACE.

Kimberly
[ Display Name History ]

Kimberly

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 12,325 posts
  • RSN:Kimberly
  • RSN2:Dorelei
Had an old friend who introduced me to an RSB clan in RSC. That never worked out too well. Later when RS2 came out, I tried going for clans once more and spammed w2. Someone from Empire of Falador (an old RSC clan that didn't live out well in RS2) found me and I joined. Eventually through there I joined The Death Squad, which was my first established clan on RSC who had just broken into the top 20...then later died 4 months after I joined.

Oh well!

hzvjpwS.gif

Darkrai
[ Display Name History ]

Darkrai

Clan Official

• Clan Official
  • 719 posts
W141 / RSB / Mass CC Prod after I found about clans from the clan chat update in 2007.

Retired Dragonwood | Retired Impulse
Posted Image

Nobody
[ Display Name History ]

Nobody

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,722 posts
  • RSN:Quikdrawjoe
  • Clan:None
Sometime in 2005 I think I joined Evolution when I asked to join by Wulldar and Shakiiha who were in it. The leader was actually a RAW manager so I sort of skipped the whole RSB stage. I've been clanning ever since. At least I think it was my first clan either that or Legacy.

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

Vannaka1992
[ Display Name History ]

Vannaka1992

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 675 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Vannaka_1992
  • RSN2:None.
  • Clan:Clan-Less.
One day my friend and I go Greater Demons in Wild and REV comes so we book it to what was CWA, and I had no idea.

Week later started going daily, and haven't stop since then until last August or so.

World 17 Clan Wars.

Joined DK as General, first "official" clan back at the Time.

Learned Alot.

Became a better beast, Lol.
Posted Image

Jbomb207
[ Display Name History ]

Jbomb207

Clan Official

• Clan Official
  • 56 posts
  • RSN:Jbomb207
  • Clan:Echo of Silence
I was mining at Al Kharid mine some time in 2004 and a 'friend' who I had been selling Iron ore to for some cash told me about his clan called Dark Knights United and ask if I wanted to join.

... Never looked back since then.

Posted Image

imblooded
[ Display Name History ]

imblooded

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 306 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:iKiD CuDii
  • RSN2:O Letz Do It
  • Clan:Tempted Killers
I Was doing my daily 141 trip and decided to join Soulja Melle 85+ clan. He came up to me and was like "add me" and I did. Week later he asked me to join his clan Souljaz. I joined and became the greatest, never looking back and improving myself everyday :)

Posted Image
Posted ImageCurrent Tempted Killers Council

Deltaer
[ Display Name History ]

Deltaer

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 758 posts
  • RSN:Deltaer
It took me a while to get into clans, but back in early 2004... Not exactly sure how I ran into The Unbreakables, but it was a top 15 clan at the time... Warred clans like RR, BD, Mori, Wilderness Guardians, etc.. the first two used wars against us to propel into the top 10. The forums are still up after 6 years.. and every so often, people make random posts, which is really cool, cause it shows how tight knit a community we were. I still see some ex-members around, some holding high positions in clans like VR, DI (before it died), TRWF, Exodus etc.

Umm yeah.. not much to it.. but I miss those days!
[2010] Proud Member of Downfall
[2004-2005] Former Leader of The Unbreakables, Former Member of Corruption, Former Member of 'The' Clan
(...and Anarchy for a few weeks... shhh...)

Adr1an
[ Display Name History ]

Adr1an

Clan Official

• Clan Official
  • 470 posts
First clan was TF (The Futures) as I was not high enough level to join THE. Heard about them through friends and on a fansite I frequented at the time (nomadgaming.com which is now shut down). What attracted me was the staple of a strong community and pretty much have never looked back since. Been my 1 and only clan really counting TF as a jr clan of THE. Before this I had honestly never gone out into the wild except to do a clue scroll so I was completely new to warring/pking.

Posted Image

envymark
[ Display Name History ]

envymark

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,042 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:envy mark
  • RSN2:lloot tacozz
  • Clan:Clan Envy
well for me it started out with a m8 of mine asking me at lesser demons if i wanted to join a clan. it was a p2p boss hunting clan and after a few months of working my way up i ended up leading it but getting fed up with how inactive people were. at this point in time fat one/igotmunnyz told me to join his clan which ended up being my first real clan but it failed completely i left it died then the whole process was repeated in his/my next clan, and then i joined envy. been m8s with a few of them for a while and ive been here ever since.
Posted Image

Tycoonman15
[ Display Name History ]

Tycoonman15

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 73 posts
same as you pretty much. maybe a couple of months later though
T Y C.

Buzzcut3
[ Display Name History ]

Buzzcut3

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • RSN:Buzzcut3
  • Clan:Echo of Silence
Told a friend I was going to look for a clan and he suggested his clan, so I joined and eventually learned about other clans and here I am.

Posted Image
Buzzcut_3@hotmail.com - EoS Former Leader - Message if you need anything

RedAnarchy
[ Display Name History ]

RedAnarchy

Clan Official

• Clan Official
  • 327 posts
  • RSN:RedAnarchy
  • Clan:Ascension
Was standing in Varrock East bank and this guy comes up and asks me if i wanted to join his clan. I don't remember the actual year this happened, might be around late 2005 or so.

Posted Image
Ascension Forums || IRC: #rs-ascension on SwiftIRC || Ascension Memberlist

red_Fat1
[ Display Name History ]

red_Fat1

Clan Official

• Clan Official
  • 1,378 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Red fat1
  • RSN2:TheHitman324
  • Clan:Dragonwood
I was pking with some mates and i got invited to their clan, so i applied to 25th Legion and been clannin ever since.

Proud Warlord of Dragonwood
If it's natural to kill, how come men have to go into training to learn how? ~ Joan Baez
Rest in Peace 3xtermination
Posted Image

Mister_T
[ Display Name History ]

Mister_T

Clan Official

• Clan Official
  • 1,094 posts
  • RSN:2M Noxx
  • Clan:2Mighty4You
Pirates of Runescape was my first REAL clan, but it started in 2Mighty as a clanfriend :P

was in ni in old wild got invited by nox344 ,then I met rabisafee and hamtaro there , then they quit ni and made 2m so I joined.

gtfo everton:@

M on my Chest.
Posted Image

thiesje
[ Display Name History ]

thiesje

Retired Clan Crew

• Members
  • 2,645 posts
  • RSN:Thiesje2
  • Clan:2Mighty4You
While pking I became friends with some guy I had never met before, we stayed in touch for a couple of weeks after which he invited me to his not-yet-founded clan. I was a bit skeptic at first, but decided to join a bit later on. Things could have turned out way different if I didn't meet him on that time, day and place.
Animum debes mutare, non caelum.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users