U2 or Green Day anyone?

u2_luver

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When they don't mean the things at all and just do it to jump on the political bandwagon for popularity, that's why people hate Greenday so much.

Yeah, I realy didn't see their new songs meaning anything. I loved their old style, it was unique and IMO much better sounding than their new stuff. And I hated them jumping on the political bandwagon :/.

U2? :shock: BONO?? where where?!!! *throws a fit*

*sprints up 4 flights of stairs and runs across a soccerfield and lands her a spot right at the catwalk* (again 8) )

Just about this close:

u2-02.jpg

ohhh that was such a beautiful day...

cried when they played Elevation again like they did in paris :oops:

Hey Bubsa and Nadril.

What does U2 stand for that makes you hate them?

Just wondering. :wink:

Who doesn't hate peace and getting rid of world hunger/poverty?

MPC - I would have given you a perfectly legitimate response but for that idiot comment.

Nice one, rocketman. Oh remind me, which forum member here has gone to Africa for the Make Poverty History campaign. *Raises hand* No-one else? Oh OK.

Ignorant arsehole, that's all I can say to that.

Hey Bubsa and Nadril.

MPC - I would have given you a perfectly legitimate response but for that idiot comment.

Nice one, rocketman. Oh remind me, which forum member here has gone to Africa for the Make Poverty History campaign. *Raises hand* No-one else? Oh OK.

Hahaha.

Point taken

By the way. I showed a bunch of my friends your Runescape songs on New Years. We had a great time listening to them. Now you can occasionally hear someone singing "Noobian Paradise" while you're walking down the hallway.

Ghost: I am prejudice towards ignorance, so that would explain why I appear to be so.

U2 isn't too bad. Some of their newer stuff is a little iffy, but hey.

As for Green Day. I've always been a big fan of Green Day, ever since Dookie. Their new stuff is still good. AND IT"S NOT EMO! Gods, why do people have to say that? So they've matured a little, so what? Everyone grows up a bit. I mean, billy Joe is married and has a kid, for crying out loud! Now, for the political aspect. True punk has always been political. The entire American Idiot album is about the US in the aftermath of 9/11. The reason that they 'sold out', or gave their music a more 'mainstream' sound, was to have their thoughts heard by a wider audience. Unfortunately, due to the lack of intellect that the majority of the world has, it didn't do much good. It went straight over the teenyboppers' heads. Next time you listen to "Wake Me Up When September Ends", do so very closely.

Hey Bubsa and Nadril.

Wow... talk about high strung... I mean I guess what I said could have been taken like that, but please, it's sarcasm. You know I'm not trying to call you a war-mongering food hog who takes everyones money, so lets not act like I did.

Bubsa, you need to lighten up man, way up.

phx.jpg

Gamertag: King Arizona

Bubsa doesn't need to lighten up. You need to use your brains before you post something. Bubsa never gives a reaction like this, and in all honesty, I can't blame him for giving you this reaction. I fully agree with him.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Alas my job means I cannot take time off to go to Africa but I did trek 10 hours to get to the Make Poverty History march up in Edinburgh last year and have tremendous respect for Bubsa for doing what he did.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Alas my job means I cannot take time off to go to Africa but I did trek 10 hours to get to the Make Poverty History march up in Edinburgh last year and have tremendous respect for Bubsa for doing what he did.

Big up Matt for doing that, I couldn't.

It doesn't matter how you did it, whether texting Live8, buying a wristband or marching up to Scotland, you all did your bit :)

Hey Bubsa and Nadril.

I just hate the sound of their music. Don't care what they stand for, they sound bad.

• 3 weeks later...

from the latest album of greenday the song I liked the most was the one the didn't do clip. it's called - whatsername.

awesome song !

besides that I think greenday become like a pop-light rock band and that's to bad , I liked the punky style they had from other discs.