U2 or Green Day anyone?

u2_luver

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i like both (obviously) has anyone heard "city of the blinding lights" by U2?
How can they not, its been played on the radio loads of times. Plus its used as backing music for news stories and reality tv documentaries all the time

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

The old Green day cd's were amazing most the people that listen to greenday nowadays are bandwagon jumpers, cause of their "american idiot" album. but their other three Cd's like Nimrod, Dookie, Insomniac were really good,

Some of the newer songs are good though selected few.

I don't listen to U2 at all, but I do like Green Day. I listened to them a fair amount before American Idiot came out, and I think American Idiot is really a different kind of music from their older albums. I'm lucky, I like both styles.

I can see why older Green Day fans might not like the new album, but do you really have to condemn those that do?

As for the political thing, Ive always thought Green Day would be better if they didn't try and throw in so much liberal politics into their songs. I'm pretty liberal, so I don't exactly disagree with them, but I think it takes away from the music to be up on a soapbox all the time.

finalsig9wq.gif

• 1 month later...

about the political thing i mean why almost every song has a political part like holiday "make way for the president gasbag" i mean obviously they dont like the president but they dont have to sing about it all the time

Hmm I like U2 especially the older songs like "with or without you", "newyearsday" and "where the streets have no name"

As for GreenÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâèDay.. hmm.. If I try really hard I can like "Basket Case"

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have small purple pet elephants named Jack. Put this in your sig if you are one of the 8% who like to do the fandango on Wednesday afternoons