Intelligence Blunders!

Saru Inc

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to think that back in the 50's, 40's, 30's, etc, that the world was actually black and white.

Not just T.V.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piƱata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

Ā 

I do the same, but I press up on the d-pad and hit b for every ball shake. Just something thats stuck with me since childhood.

[hide]

080619.gif

[/hide]

Plenty of people did it. I did, and it always seemed to work...

You gotta wonder since so many people did it how did everyone manage to do it differently.

I used to think that if you can flap your arms fast enough, you can fly.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

I think he's right, actually, it would be similar to swimming, except in, you know, air.

Ā 

I used to think there were people with huge control panels controlling all traffic lights in the city. This resulted in:

- Pressing the button multiple times, because the controller had to get annoyed from that flashing light/annoying beep that he saw/heard when I pushed it. Therefore he'd let me go first.

- Me saying that I understood why traffic lights were switched off at quiet times: The guys who controlled it would want a day off every now and then. (My parents still quote this to me to this day. I'm 17 and this was at like 4 xD)

Aurei_Animus.png

I just found out that I've been pronouncing Deus Ex Machina wrong my entire life. D:

Ā 

Well, thinking it wrong, anyways. I don't think I've said it out loud in real life, except maybe once or twice around people who either didn't know or knew and didn't care. And I rarely type it, except for when I'm being a nerd over the internet.

Ā 

So yay. The proper way seems so strange though. ._.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

I can't remember what it means now, or how you say it...

Ā 

But yeah, I used to think zebras were painted horses. Everyone probably did at some point.

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down withļ»æ the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

I was a pretty smart kid. I did a few dumb things though.

Ā 

I used to think that the monitor was the whole computer, and that the tower was just for disks. I also used to get on the internet by going to My Computer, and looking for Google on the favourites bar.

Ā 

When I was really young, i used to think people who worked at superstore got to keep all the money that you paid them, so i wanted to work cashier at superstore.

Ā 

For some reason, I used to think that cartoon character's voices were somehow animated, and was shocked when i found out it was a real person speaking.

I always called the monitor the computer. I knew what the tower was for about as well as a little kid could, I just didn't know the monitor had it's own name so I referred to it as the computer.

Ā 

This was when I was about 4 maybe. On a computer that ran primarily DOS. I could use DOS about as well back then as I can now too lol.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

I always thought when I was little that backpacks were walkie talkes, remote controls were tvs, and tv remotes were remote concontrols.

Ā 

Also, there was no name at this time period for backpacks.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15Ā 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

AraxxiĀ Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny bingeĀ 

Ā 

When I was about four, I was taken to see my great uncle in hospital. I thought he was already dead and it was heaven :wall: . But it bothers me that someone had convinced my feeble young mind to believe in heaven in the first place, rather than let me make an independent decision on my faith.

redarrows-1.png

Today I microwaved a bowl of soup, and when I opened the microwave it was at the back. From the angle I was looking at, I couldn't see the bowl and for a second I was convinced the soup disappeared somehow.

Ā 

When I was about four, I was taken to see my great uncle in hospital. I thought he was already dead and it was heaven :wall: . But it bothers me that someone had convinced my feeble young mind to believe in heaven in the first place, rather than let me make an independent decision on my faith.

Ā 

You can't make an independent decision when you're 4. If you didn't believe in heaven it would be because someone/something had convinced you also. It takes a lot of unbiased information to make a good independent decision, and even then it will be swayed somewhat.

Ā 

Ā 

What?

Ā 

The phrase faith like a child exists for a reason. Even atheists can't deny, Heaven is a perfect coping mechanism for the death of a loved one. However I do believe in heaven...

AraxxiĀ Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)

Ā 

The problem is, heaven just has to be with Jesus and angels and clouds and whatnot. :roll: It never can be mental and spiritual rest, like sleeping, or the acknowledgment and respect that one has passed away. Oh no, it must be with God Christ. <_<

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Would you rather it have Einstein and a bunch of his physics cronies doing nerdy hinky experiments for all eternity? [bleep]ing streets of gold, man.

Ā 

Ā 

And no, what I mean is the idea of heaven as a coping device. "He's gone somewhere in the clouds" falls under that category. It always seems bizarre when atheists freak out about stuff like that (not saying you are, but an atheist I met irl freaked the [bleep] out on that same topic. saying how dare I enforce the idea of a heaven with Jesus on him? Wtf?)

Ā 

If you want to believe that when you die you go to the earth, and rot. Thats cool, me too.

Ā 

And as well, if you wanna believe the soul just dies at death. Thats cool as well.

Ā 

But if you freak out because I am gonna teach my kids that when they die they'll go to heaven? Well logically I have the same right to freak out that you aren't teaching your kids that?

Ā 

Ā 

Yea. This post was pretty off topic but I'm listening to Eminem so it threw me off topic.

Ā