Adventures in Avernum

archimage_a

hmm... may i make a suggestion?

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my suggestion is that we use the monday and tuesday session for "catch-up" days. these can be short campaigns for those who miss the main stories on the friday and saturday sessions. if they cant make these, then we jsut say screw it and give em some exp and loot to make the difrence smaller.

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Seems a decently viable idea, actually, and one which I like, though it sounds as if it would be confusing as hell for those involved.

Plus, I'm sure Archi doesn't want to replay old content, and the players who have already completed it probably wouldn't want to help the others, so everything would need to be easymode.

That, and the fact that the Friday and Saturday sessions aren't the problem, and unless there is some large issue in real life, they could, and by all means SHOULD put some time aside to play, meaning everyone already knows the story and we still get 2 sessions a week.

I don't think the positives outweigh the negatives, and it sounds a little redundant. Good suggestion though.

2Xeo5.png

Well, my plan was to just award XP as a group, rather than individiuals. There would be a modifer based on the stats they have though...People who started with 91(Total of Str, dex and such) would recieve a smaller percentage than people with the 75 norm.

Loot splits can be done by appointing a loot keeper, preferably someone with high strength so they can carry everything. Then, at the end of quests, you head to a nearby tavern a divide it up.

Anyway, splitting things into Hack and Slash Verses Story mode, is gonna get confusing...if people want to steam ahead with a quest, even though certain people arn't there, then they should be able to, but there should also be the choice of being able to back out and go training, even if everyone is there.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

what i meant was there was a rooom where they can kill stuff that drops the loot, and then they get exp. quick, easy, and gets people to the next session.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Indeed Archi, which is why I much prefer the Friday/Saturday approach.

And I'd rather not split all the loot equally, either. Some characters in the group are evil, and I'm Chaotic Neutral, so we'll be wanting to keep some loot for ourselves, or be greedy with stuff we find first.

How about you create a poll to ask the players which option they prefer? They are, after all, the most important asset in the continuation of the game. Well, that's not entirely true. I think the GM and the players are of equal importance, but without the other, neither is having much fun.

2Xeo5.png

-Friday and Saturday, 12:00 - 3:00

-10:00 Till whenever, every day of the week

-Divide between hack n' slash and storytime

Those are the three which immediately come to mind.

2Xeo5.png

Well this does put a rather large speed bump in the way of things.

I'm surprised you haven't invested in one of those internet USB things, sounds like it'd be really useful for you.

2Xeo5.png

Indeed... But I'd still like to know if people are happy with the current system.

After all, once we know that there is actually a problem, we can work at finding a solution.

Otherwise, Mather, I assume your phone connection costs a heckton and isn't very fast, so you don't want to use it, correct? Also, why would your parents be angry at you for getting a Wifi USB?

2Xeo5.png

About your suggestion I play this...

Well, Maptool simply doesn't work. And when I say it doesn't work, it usually never will. My dad is the network administrator for our school district and one next to us, probably one of the best tech support people in the town.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

eh, i could get my bbro to look at it. he can help.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

About your suggestion I play this...

Well, Maptool simply doesn't work. And when I say it doesn't work, it usually never will. My dad is the network administrator for our school district and one next to us, probably one of the best tech support people in the town.

Tried running the .Jar file on it's own?

2Xeo5.png

What can I say, I'm a sugarholic.

Indeed... But I'd still like to know if people are happy with the current system.

After all, once we know that there is actually a problem, we can work at finding a solution.

Otherwise, Mather, I assume your phone connection costs a heckton and isn't very fast, so you don't want to use it, correct? Also, why would your parents be angry at you for getting a Wifi USB?

I'm happy with the system, me being away during weekends and in an awkward timezone shouldn't ruin your fun anyways.

My phone connection is expensive but I can't notice any speed difference between using it's network and the wireless network at home. Also they wouldn't be angry about the fact that it was for WiFi, but that I bought something that would make me sit even more on the computer.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Personally, I think that splitting the games up into European and American sessions is a terrible idea. It's much more fun if we can play with at least most of our players at once.

Concerning the XP/loot issue, I'm honestly fine either way it goes. I am heavily supportive of the group working cooperatively though. That's what makes the game fun.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Indeed. I mean, personally, the Monday/Tuesday+Friday/Saturday system would be perfect for me, but I still don't think that everyone else is fine with it, as we can see with Mather, and I wouldn't dream of kicking somebody out of the group because of timezone differences. That would be utterly absurd.

Splitting the group in two wont solve anything, but I still don't like the drop in-drop out system, since it's much less organized (I like having the option to put the spotlight on certain players, not sure about Archi), as well as the XP and loot problem.

I guess we're left with a kind of catch-22, unless Mather can somehow persuade his parents that being on the computer all the time isn't a bad thing (Any chance of that, Mather?)

2Xeo5.png

Can't play today, Maths is actually hard, which means I actually need to do some revision. Unlike with every other exam, which I haven't done any revision for in the slightest, even though I know I should have. :rolleyes:

2Xeo5.png