Farming herbs for herblore

All_Is_Great

That doesn't explain HOW to get 2.7 mil PER HOUR with JUST SNAPDRAGON.. but then you guys say OOPS I forgot to add limpwurt roots and cactus, nm.

Use:

5 Snapdragon seeds - 389,000

4 Limpwurt seeds - 2,292

1 Giant ent pouch - 2,164

9 Super compost - 9,621

5 Air runes - 85

3 Law runes - 831

2 Fire runes - 14

Total: 404,007

Get:

34 Snapdragon herbs - 537,200

0.5 Snapdragon seeds - 38,900

10.2 Limpwurt roots - 22,950

4.5 Cactus spines - 24,570

Total: 623,620

Net: 219,613 in 4.5 minutes, or 2.982M an hour

That doesn't explain HOW to get 2.7 mil PER HOUR with JUST SNAPDRAGON.. but then you guys say OOPS I forgot to add limpwurt roots and cactus, nm.

True, my guesstimated calculations only say 2.45m gp/hr without cactus spines or limps, which I'm sure is considerably less impressive, right? But then again I'm heavily rounding, so I'd take a grain of salt with that. :cool:

It would probably take slightly longer because of the added time to go to the cactus patch and fiddle with limps, unless I'm underestimating the time saved with the Ardougne Cloak.

4.5 minutes, or 2.982M an hour

So.. .wait.. are you guys able to plant and harvest snapdragon every 4.5 minutes?.............. Plz check your calculation.

Hacked 10 years old account, permamently quit if Jagex doesn't return items.

ventuzz.png

4.5 minutes, or 2.982M an hour

So.. .wait.. are you guys able to plant and harvest snapdragon every 4.5 minutes?.............. Plz check your calculation.

Hes referring to a per hour of work calculation. Yes, we all know that herbs take about 90 minutes to grow, but take about 5 minutes to collect.

As for the original topic, i would suggest making as much cash with farming as you can, and then pay for the supplies of a more gp/xp or time efficient method of training herblore.

Geesch.png

Geesch.png

Think of it this way, in those 4.5-5 minutes, you are making 200k-250k (heavily dependent on the scroll of life) or so. Where else can you CONSISTENTLY (ie. barring lucky drops, just because you got claws in 5 minutes doesn't mean you get claws every 5 minutes) get 200k-250k in 5 minutes? Answer: places where you can make 2.4m+ per hour.

Thus, for the 4.5-5 minutes you are actually farming, you are making money at a RATE of 2.4-2.9m (blade's calc) per hour. Yes, you can't farm snaps for a full hour. But that's besides the point. Unless you can tell me you can just walk into some place, work for 5 minutes, and make 2.4m, you will want to farm high-profit herbs, such as snaps in our example.

When I said 2.7m/hr, that's SNAPS with SCROLL OF LIFE, with CACTUS, with LIMPWURTS, just to clarify.

Also, remember, you get farming xp. I'd say about 2k-5k depending on the herb you farm. This is farming xp you will not have to pay for later, although if I start talking about this, it makes this issue far more complicated than it should be for your purposes.

Don't herbs take 90 minutes to grow, which makes your calculation little more than a daydream ?

When I do the math for snaps I get 17000 profit per patch, so unless they grow twice as fast as any other herb, Ill stick with Avantoes(30,000gp profit per patch) thanks.

Did you know half the worlds population is below average intelligence?

Many people think we are getting smarter as a whole, but we are UNIVERSALLY getting dumber and dumber at an alarmingly fast rate.

Metaphorically.... the human race is on its way to hell in a hand-basket made of dry wicker.

Don't herbs take 90 minutes to grow, which makes your calculation little more than a daydream ?

When I do the math for snaps I get 17000 profit per patch, so unless they grow twice as fast as any other herb, Ill stick with Avantoes(30,000gp profit per patch) thanks.

Doesn't anyone pay attention to any of which has been said?

Thats 4.5 mins of work to get that amount of GP. If you only logged on for 4.5 mins to do a farm run, you would get close to 3m in an hour of just doing a farm run. Not including the time it takes for the herbs to grow.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

I think its been established that the people who ask about 2.7m and hour profit do not understand how you measure gp/hour.

OT: Avantoes are good money, but if you do not feel like selling then making super energys is reasonably good xp, and if you save all the potions, you end up with enough potions to get 93 herblore, roughly. At the cost of about 43m worth of papayas.

pere_grin.png

Ok first of all, I'd like to say thanks to everyone who tried to help. I did not expect to get so many replies although most of them were debating the 2.7m/hr.

So right now, since I don't have the scroll of life, I'm planting 4 avantoes and 1 snap every run. I plan on keeping the avantoes for training herblore, and I don't care about what you guys say about planting all snaps then selling and buying the pots/ seconds. I understand the whole oppertunity cost thing, but in the end, I just don't care enough. Plus, avantoe seeds are cheap, and my startup cash isn't that much.

In the end, I might change my mind and buy some levels, but that's another issue.

So I have one more question, how does the scroll of life work? I read about it being bugged a while back, is it still?

Staurolite.png

The scroll of life gives you a permanent chance of getting back the seed you planted when harvesting.

It was bugged before because the description stated "You have a chance to receive your seed back from a dead patch", but the chance is there whether it dies or survives.

I'm very sleep deprived, I think that made sense, but basically, it's not bugged and it's a very good idea to get it if you're going to farm herbs. :)

Yagami.png

I would like to get the most difficult 99 in the game to accomplish. which is woodcutting.
because I had a drunken night in philadelphia and sprayed a fire extinguiser, evacuated a 7 story hotel on the philly stadium, spent the night in jail.. then got on level 2 prob & have to pay 50 a month because I have a job. It's their way of collecting more money out of me.

Yagami.png

Yagami.png

Yagami.png

Basically, every time you harvest a patch, you get a 10% chance of getting that seed back. Every time you clear a dead patch, you have a 10% chance of getting a RANDOM seed back (ie. won't necessarily be the seed you planted). It works for trees too, except everything is 5% instead of 10.