The Metal Thread

Asmodeous4

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Avenged Sevenfold is pretty bad.

Also something I've been wondering. Would you guys classify Angizia as a metal band at all? They have some metal influences for sure but I'm not sure what to call them :P. (Lot of classical influences too).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCeAUtC0fGA

The second song has a lot more metal influences really.

They're awesome no matter what though.

Also something I've been wondering. Would you guys classify Angizia as a metal band at all? They have some metal influences for sure but I'm not sure what to call them :P. (Lot of classical influences too).

The second song has a lot more metal influences really.

They're awesome no matter what though.

Wiki says:

"Avant-garde metal

Folk metal

Black metal

Gothic metal

Symphonic metal

Classical music"

Just calling it music ain't enough! Lol.

Also, any Doro/Warlock fans here?

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

Mike Portnoy drags them way up in my ranking though. And i think nightmare is a great song >.>

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

I don't know if what I call metal is welcome here. So I'm scared to even post. :ohnoes:

Linkin Park? Hehe. Nah, shoot!

I don't know if what I call metal is welcome here. So I'm scared to even post. :ohnoes:

daxter: oh well then nvm

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

Linkin ParK? Oh god no.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

so...where do you guys stand on the whole Nu-Metal debate? Personally, I love it, but seeing as how most of you like the sound of quadrouple bass pounding and pigs dying, I don't think you'll appreciate the whole branch of metal, and/or Rapcore.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

so...where do you guys stand on the whole Nu-Metal debate? Personally, I love it, but seeing as how most of you like the sound of quadrouple bass pounding and pigs dying, I don't think you'll appreciate the whole branch of metal, and/or Rapcore.

Deftones is the only Nu-metal that I like. Diamond Eyes and White Pony are amazing albums. I don't care for "rapcore" though.

Deftones is pretty sweet and I'm sometimes partial to a bit of System of a Down. Other than that, I'm not really into the genre.

Hm.

When i was like 14-15, i used to think "god damn crappy music". Nowadays i don't care, just listen to what you want. (fun answer!)

I don't remember which one, but there is one Linkin Park track which i like, but that's about it.

ive always liked nightwish, theyre more of a progessive fantasy metal type. the thing that really keeps me hooked is the vocals sung by a female voice. obviously, tarja is better than anette. tarja's voice seems to me what an angel's voice would be like. and it's that angelic sound that got me hooked.

S.O.A.D. is classic. some songs are stupid, like cigaro (which i accidentally had playing in the car when my father was riding in the passenger seat and i almost [cabbage] my pants.), and some songs are pure magic, like soldier side.

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

Deftones is the only Nu-metal that I like. Diamond Eyes and White Pony are amazing albums. I don't care for "rapcore" though.

Deftones are pretty damn awesome. Other Nu-metal bands pale in comparison to them.

Also, what are all of your thoughts on Industrial? It's not metal per se, but there are some metal influences. It's personally one of my favorite genres, right up there with Screamo and Alt Metal. Besides Nine Inch Nails, some great bands are I:Scintilla, Tweaker, Skinny Puppy, and Celldweller. I guess it's more related to Electronica and Gothic music, but I think it still has its place in a discussion about Metal.

They sounded fine until the guy started singing like he was a pirate. Then it went downhill and to me sounded like some god awful parody.

I hate most metal nowadays besides Lamb of God and Nile. I'm more of an 80's metal guy. I personally love Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Slayer, some Metallica.

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

They sounded fine until the guy started singing like he was a pirate. Then it went downhill and to me sounded like some god awful parody.

I hate most metal nowadays besides Lamb of God and Nile. I'm more of an 80's metal guy. I personally love Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Slayer, some Metallica.

I'm an 80's guy, as well. I have pretty close to everything Metallica, quite a bit of Megadeth and Maiden, some Slayer, Motorhead, Judas Priest. The 80's = THE decade.

Popedevourer.png

ive always liked nightwish, theyre more of a progessive fantasy metal type. the thing that really keeps me hooked is the vocals sung by a female voice. obviously, tarja is better than anette. tarja's voice seems to me what an angel's voice would be like. and it's that angelic sound that got me hooked.

S.O.A.D. is classic. some songs are stupid, like cigaro (which i accidentally had playing in the car when my father was riding in the passenger seat and i almost [cabbage] my pants.), and some songs are pure magic, like soldier side.

Clearly Tarja was a better singer, but Anette is a better front woman. The time I saw them with Tarja was nothing like the time with Anette, and Anette was so much better on stage than Tarja. On CD, yeah, Tarja is better, but live, Anette all the way.

And S.O.A.D. are brilliant, although I think I haven't heard one of their albums, but I love the rest of them.

I really need to get a copy of Soilworks new album, it feels like I've been waiting forever for it.

-Destroy Topham-

Punk_Man666.png

Punk_man666.png

Clearly Tarja was a better singer, but Anette is a better front woman. The time I saw them with Tarja was nothing like the time with Anette, and Anette was so much better on stage than Tarja. On CD, yeah, Tarja is better, but live, Anette all the way.

And S.O.A.D. are brilliant, although I think I haven't heard one of their albums, but I love the rest of them.

I really need to get a copy of Soilworks new album, it feels like I've been waiting forever for it.

Are you talking about The Panic Broadcast?? Yep, this album is soo goood. Soilwork impressed me with this new album

oversized.jpg

I'm pretty sure it is a parody of black metal, or at least the pirate metal genre started as one. Unless I'm wrong one of the early pirate bands labeled itself "True Scottish pirate metal" after a band called itself "True Norwegian black metal". So it's either a full-blown parody or just metal with a sense of humor.