wcing for money

Lucapher

unless you value your time at 250k p/h, ivy.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

im 92 wc wat should i wc for money? thats close to the bank

Ehm best money would be magic logs. You could chop about 140 of them per hour. That's about 200k gp/hr.

Not very impressive. I guarantee you can make better profit elsewhere.

unless you value your time at 250k p/h, ivy.

Why ivy, just out of curiosity. My first thought was wither eucalyptus or magics based on a recent GE price check and their relative closeness to banking.

Like I said, all woodcutting is going to be slow money (the whole skill is crap profit at any level in any circumstances), so if you can make a relatively modest amount of profit elsewhere (which anyone can), it's better to get faster xp at ivy or the sawmill and use the time you save to do some other moneymaker.

I read the question as:

I'm going to do some woodcutting, what would you cut to make money in the process? And I don't want to waste a bunch of time banking.

So, my answer is still eucalyptus or magics. :P

thats inefficant. You'd be better off spending your time chopping ivy, with a magpie out and growing herbs, and then go somewhere else (green dragons, barrows, MHing) to make money.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Nothing, if you want money don't wc and if you want wc exp just go to the sawmill or chop ivy.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

For the best money with woodcutting you need to have scroll of life, ability to use hydra and 75 farming. Grow a tree at fally park and chop it down while banking the logs. Whenever the tree is cut down, regrow it with hydra. With scroll of life you have 5% chance of recieving a magic tree seed whenever you cut the tree down.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

For the best money with woodcutting you need to have scroll of life, ability to use hydra and 75 farming. Grow a tree at fally park and chop it down while banking the logs. Whenever the tree is cut down, regrow it with hydra. With scroll of life you have 5% chance of recieving a magic tree seed whenever you cut the tree down.

Doesnt the scroll of life only work when something dies? Cutting down a tree doesnt cause it to die, unless i dont really understand how it works.

OT: the best way to make money through wcing is by cutting ivy, powerchopping teaks, or doing the sawmill thing. WC makes terrible money. The time you save by getting fast wc exp will allow you to make far more money in the same amount of time as if you were to cut mages/yews/eucs, etc.

Geesch.png

Geesch.png

If you didn't understand what they meant, they meant chopping the fastest xp (ivy) and then using the saved time to do better money making methods. EG anything else in the entire game. Except mining, unless you have LRC access.

PM me for fitocracy invite

Have you confirmed that this works? I'm pretty you get your seed back 5% of the time when you use the spade to clear the patch. I don't have the scroll of life, but I'd imagine that there would be a drop in the price of magic seeds if they became this easy to obtain.

Rao.png

Have you confirmed that this works? I'm pretty you get your seed back 5% of the time when you use the spade to clear the patch. I don't have the scroll of life, but I'd imagine that there would be a drop in the price of magic seeds if they became this easy to obtain.

it doesnt, jamflex says chopping down the tree gives you the seed when digging it up does.

DM0Yq2c.png

it doesnt, jamflex says chopping down the tree gives you the seed when digging it up does.

You dont even have to 'chop' the tree down, paying the farmer to clear it also works - i have had 3 magic seeds back in a row, then nothing for another 75 trees, so don't count on the 5% thing to save you heaps.

G

Gda_Scooby.png

You dont even have to 'chop' the tree down, paying the farmer to clear it also works - i have had 3 magic seeds back in a row, then nothing for another 75 trees, so don't count on the 5% thing to save you heaps.

G

Jagex quite reacently changed it so it's now SUPPOSED to be a seed back whenever you chop down a tree. If you pay the farmer, you can't get a seed back. I havn't tested the method(and why would i...) but what i said is in accordance with what jagex posted on their update thread. By the way, this doesn't make magic seeds easy to obtain, you try cutting down 20 magic trees....

If you really want money from Woodcutting I'd chop Yews. :P

But like others said, you're better off getting the experience quickly then getting money in other ways.

Link0000109.png

Going for:

85 Mining

50 Dungeoneering

60 Runecrafting

99 Firemaking achieved 24th June 2010!

Jagex quite reacently changed it so it's now SUPPOSED to be a seed back whenever you chop down a tree. If you pay the farmer, you can't get a seed back. I havn't tested the method(and why would i...) but what i said is in accordance with what jagex posted on their update thread. By the way, this doesn't make magic seeds easy to obtain, you try cutting down 20 magic trees....

Not seen this, but i will test it out from now on - next tree run in 6 hours - thats going to considerably slow me down, but worth it at 220k ish per seed surely.

G

Gda_Scooby.png

From knowledge base:

When harvesting a non-tree farming patch, there is a 10% chance that you will regain a number of seeds equal to the number you originally planted

When digging up a fruit tree or normal tree patch, there is a 5% chance that you will regain the seed you originally planted

You gain the chance of regaining seeds once you have FINISHED harvesting a patch; you do not get a 10% chance for every ranarr herb you harvest from a patch, for example.

NOTE - If you harvest dead herbs, the herb seed you have a chance of receiving will be random. Sometimes, you may receive a torstol seed after harvesting a guam, for example. This only applies to dead herbs: live herbs will offer you a seed that is identical to the ones you originally planted in the patch.

If you pay a farmer to dig up a tree for you, you forfeit the chance of regaining your seed. Paying farmers to look after your plants will have no effect on your chances of receiving seeds - as long as you cut down or harvest the plant yourself, you will receive the chance of regaining the seeds. Spirit trees and kalquat trees do not give replacement seeds.

important bits in bold - so as mentioned you need to chop down and dig up the tree stump, for a 5% chance (only) to get seed back.

So the choice is speed over time as usual - if you get them back 5% of the time thats 5% of 269k = 13450 per tree roughly. How do i turn that into a gp/hour?

if it takes 1 min to chop down a tree thats 60 trees and hour so 807k / H?

G

Gda_Scooby.png

woodcutting is not good money at any stage in the game. just cut ivy and grow herbs at the same time. you'll be 99 in a very short time.

if you really insist on woodcutting, you won't be efficient without an inferno adze, lumberjack, and a rabbits foot necklace. in this case your best option would be to cut teaks/mahagonies while fletching bolts (broad if you want to make money). you'll also be getting decent fm exp.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

From knowledge base:

When harvesting a non-tree farming patch, there is a 10% chance that you will regain a number of seeds equal to the number you originally planted

When digging up a fruit tree or normal tree patch, there is a 5% chance that you will regain the seed you originally planted

You gain the chance of regaining seeds once you have FINISHED harvesting a patch; you do not get a 10% chance for every ranarr herb you harvest from a patch, for example.

NOTE - If you harvest dead herbs, the herb seed you have a chance of receiving will be random. Sometimes, you may receive a torstol seed after harvesting a guam, for example. This only applies to dead herbs: live herbs will offer you a seed that is identical to the ones you originally planted in the patch.

If you pay a farmer to dig up a tree for you, you forfeit the chance of regaining your seed. Paying farmers to look after your plants will have no effect on your chances of receiving seeds - as long as you cut down or harvest the plant yourself, you will receive the chance of regaining the seeds. Spirit trees and kalquat trees do not give replacement seeds.

important bits in bold - so as mentioned you need to chop down and dig up the tree stump, for a 5% chance (only) to get seed back.

So the choice is speed over time as usual - if you get them back 5% of the time thats 5% of 269k = 13450 per tree roughly. How do i turn that into a gp/hour?

if it takes 1 min to chop down a tree thats 60 trees and hour so 807k / H?

G

Bla Bla... you'll see that the chaotic staff has +15% mage damage on the same page.....

If you really want to do some work, go trough some reacent patch notes on the update.

I did try, but the RSOF gives me the willies and I feel my IQ points slipping away as i read it.

So are we saying KB is NOT correct? i certainly got seeds from paying farmers before, but not lately - lots of herbs/plants tho.

Sorry to OP for draging this off topic

Gda_Scooby.png