Most overrated band/artist

Evil_Sabre

This thread proves this forum is [developmentally delayed]ed. (excluding no one)

Didn't you just say, like yesterday, that it's dumb to say someone "isn't thinking" just for having differing opinions?

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does [cabbage] posting even mean...

Doing what you do and posting like "indie music is indie because it sucks and nobody likes it" - I'm aware that you're most likely having a sarcastic crack but it's not really warranted and doesn't add anything. Normally, I wouldn't have taken an issue; however, this is "Music, Movies and Television". I see this as a forum where you can discuss what you like and what you don't like as much as you want, although it does need to be kept within reasonable bounds. It's not your taste I'm actually taking an issue with, or even you yourself; just how you present your posts in this forum. It looks kind of arrogant, for want of a better word.

The following section isn't actually directed at anyone; it's more general. I don't want to come off as a pretentious jerk-off, so take it lightly.

"I don't particularly enjoy independent or underground music that much. I find I tend to enjoy more mainstream-oriented music because of x reason, y reason and z reason."

is a perfectly agreeable and respectful response. Problems arise when someone decides to go out of their way and be a complete tool and act like "your taste sucks 'cause you listen to AC/DC; get some Boring Post-Rock Band #3331 on instead". Then the whole argument spirals out of control and becomes completely pointless, like every argument over music. People take delight in arguing over subjective crap all the time, an argument that neither side can win. You get frustrated and there's no satisfaction from winning the argument because you actually can't. I don't have much against bold statements as long as you're prepared to stand by them and not give in or act all "well it's just too deep for you" when someone disagrees.

Discourse about music is pretty much fine but debating and arguing completely subjective points doesn't belong. This post is useless because it's not like anyone is going to listen to what I have to say but I felt I needed to post it.

Summary: this forum is inherently subjective. Arguing s**ts up the board and gets on everyone's nerves.

This thread proves this forum is [developmentally delayed]ed. (excluding no one)

Didn't you just say, like yesterday, that it's dumb to say someone "isn't thinking" just for having differing opinions?

Yea but I wasn't talking about the opinions themselves.

Doing what you do and posting like "indie music is indie because it sucks and nobody likes it" - I'm aware that you're most likely having a sarcastic crack but it's not really warranted and doesn't add anything. Normally, I wouldn't have taken an issue; however, this is "Music, Movies and Television". I see this as a forum where you can discuss what you like and what you don't like as much as you want, although it does need to be kept within reasonable bounds. It's not your taste I'm actually taking an issue with, or even you yourself; just how you present your posts in this forum. It looks kind of arrogant, for want of a better word.

The following section isn't actually directed at anyone; it's more general. I don't want to come off as a pretentious jerk-off, so take it lightly.

"I don't particularly enjoy independent or underground music that much. I find I tend to enjoy more mainstream-oriented music because of x reason, y reason and z reason."

is a perfectly agreeable and respectful response. Problems arise when someone decides to go out of their way and be a complete tool and act like "your taste sucks 'cause you listen to AC/DC; get some Boring Post-Rock Band #3331 on instead". Then the whole argument spirals out of control and becomes completely pointless, like every argument over music. People take delight in arguing over subjective crap all the time, an argument that neither side can win. You get frustrated and there's no satisfaction from winning the argument because you actually can't. I don't have much against bold statements as long as you're prepared to stand by them and not give in or act all "well it's just too deep for you" when someone disagrees.

Discourse about music is pretty much fine but debating and arguing completely subjective points doesn't belong. This post is useless because it's not like anyone is going to listen to what I have to say but I felt I needed to post it.

Summary: this forum is inherently subjective. Arguing s**ts up the board and gets on everyone's nerves.

Yea I was just being sarcastic. While, actually I think I was more of mocking, I said that a while ago and honestly I forget what I was thinking at the time. I like a couple indie bands, I just really dislike hipsters who are all "mainstream is for unintelligent people."

And I also agree wholeheartedly on the rest of your post.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Okay then, what exactly inspired you to label the entire forum (excluding no one) mentally challenged based off of one thread that only about 2-3% of the entire forum even posted in?

Okay then, what exactly inspired you to label the entire forum (excluding no one) mentally challenged based off of one thread that only about 2-3% of the entire forum even posted in?

It's not just this thread, every thread is like this thread. If you can't see that then cbf.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

You know what annoys me? People who complain about complaining. This is a thread based on opinions, obviously people are going to butt heads.

ALL OF YOUR MUSIC SUCKS BECAUSE IT SUCKS AND IS AWFUL AND THAT IS WHY IT SUCKS the only music I like is in Disney movies and also Brian Cincotta on iTunes he's sexy and nobody knows about him which makes me feel special and that is why I post my opinions on an online forum to be flamed.

[unspam] I will say that any modern music that has any potential at all will be ruined within the first week by all the radio stations playing it five times each hour. I don't mind 3OH!3 if it's only for a few minutes (although I will turn it off immediately if I hear "do the Hellen Keller"). It's when the whole world decides a song is the best thing since "Soulja Boy" that I start to dislike it.

[hide]

[/hide]

Thank you =D>

Metallica

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Guns N Roses

Coldplay

AC/DC

That is all.

Just gonna address a couple I've seen across the thread.

Metallica- America's answer to the much more talented (in my opinion) Iron Maiden. Metallica has great stuff. The thing is, they really went downhill fast. They haven't been good in twenty years, so if we are addressing how overrated they are nowadays, I can agree. But their older stuff is some of the best metal to rock out to.

Red Hot Chili Peppers- I love Red Hot Chili Peppers. They are not rock, they just are all over the place. The vocalist is really good, but I can also see how people would dislike the nonsensical lyrics. I personally think Stadium Arcadium is one of the greatest albums I've ever heard.

Guns N Roses- Again, Axl Rose's scratchy vocals are a turn off for a lot of people. But musically, they are very talented. They did some amazing songs throughout their career, though once again we look at their modern career and I can see why you would say their newer stuff is overrated.

Coldplay- I agree. I like Clocks and that's it.

AC/DC- God awful singer+ God awful lyrics and musical arrangements. I've never liked them.

Evanescence- I will fully admit this was my first rock band I really got into. When I was ten, eleven, all I listened to was jazz and eighties pop. But Evanescence became one of my favorite bands. I love the vocals, and while a lot of their songs, I see nowadays, aren't really too exciting, they were still a very talented group.

Pearl Jam- I own their greatest hits album because Jeremy and Even Flow are two of my favorite songs. They had some good songs before they became more...laid back. They kind of died out as a rock band and did their own thing which doesn't appeal to me at all. But their rock is great.

Personally, I would put these bands down:

Linkin Park- Despite the fact I like some of their songs, I think they are just way overrated. They got mainstream and they were suddenly singing crap rock for Transformers and such. I think they had potential but went a wrong way.

Green Day- Their early stuff was great. Their new stuff is god awful. Do you know your enemy is the only song I've heard from them the past year or so and I thought it was awful.

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

Green Day- Their early stuff was great. Their new stuff is god awful. Do you know your enemy is the only song I've heard from them the past year or so and I thought it was awful.

I do agree that "Know Your Enemy" is pretty bad, although not their worst.

But how can you say their new stuff is awful if it's the only song you've heard from the new album?

Three Days Grace.

I don't think anything else needs to be said.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

They're practically unheard of, at least in my area.

Wat.

Always on radio here.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Metallica

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Guns N Roses

Coldplay

AC/DC

That is all.

Metallica- America's answer to the much more talented (in my opinion) Iron Maiden. Metallica has great stuff. The thing is, they really went downhill fast. They haven't been good in twenty years, so if we are addressing how overrated they are nowadays, I can agree. But their older stuff is some of the best metal to rock out to.

Red Hot Chili Peppers- I love Red Hot Chili Peppers. They are not rock, they just are all over the place. The vocalist is really good, but I can also see how people would dislike the nonsensical lyrics. I personally think Stadium Arcadium is one of the greatest albums I've ever heard.

Guns N Roses- Again, Axl Rose's scratchy vocals are a turn off for a lot of people. But musically, they are very talented. They did some amazing songs throughout their career, though once again we look at their modern career and I can see why you would say their newer stuff is overrated.

AC/DC- God awful singer+ God awful lyrics and musical arrangements. I've never liked them.

Evanescence- I will fully admit this was my first rock band I really got into. When I was ten, eleven, all I listened to was jazz and eighties pop. But Evanescence became one of my favorite bands. I love the vocals, and while a lot of their songs, I see nowadays, aren't really too exciting, they were still a very talented group.

Pearl Jam- I own their greatest hits album because Jeremy and Even Flow are two of my favorite songs. They had some good songs before they became more...laid back. They kind of died out as a rock band and did their own thing which doesn't appeal to me at all. But their rock is great.

Linkin Park- Despite the fact I like some of their songs, I think they are just way overrated. They got mainstream and they were suddenly singing crap rock for Transformers and such. I think they had potential but went a wrong way.

If you dont like St. Anger you just dont like trash. Nothing is wrong with St. Anger. Also Iron Maiden and Metallica arent in the same league (NWOBHM and Trash). Load and ReLoad have great songs on them (Until It Sleeps, King Nothing, Fuel, The Memory Remains, Unforgiven II, Low Man's Lyric), Garage Inc is god, The Black Album is kinda commercial but nothing is wrong with it and S&M is AWESOME.

I think you haven't even listened to any of those albums.

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

The newer Metallica sucks, seriously. The older, more thrashy/prog Metallica were so much better.

Kinda agree here. Although with their newer stuff, I prefer Death Magnetic to St.Anger but thats not saying much.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

I know Death Magnetic is [cabbage] mastering and the worst solo ever (My Apocalypse) but i still like All Nightmare Long and BB&S. But i cant see how people cant like St. Anger. To me its pure trash (low guitars, fast playing, snare without snare.)

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

Death Magnetic was recorded way too loud for my liking, I get distortion my speakers and I'm not even playing it that loud.

St. Anger just..sucks.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

Death Magnetic was recorded way too loud for my liking, I get distortion my speakers and I'm not even playing it that loud.

St. Anger just..sucks.

K you dont like trash metal thats okay.

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

Metallica

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Guns N Roses

Coldplay

AC/DC

That is all.

If you dont like St. Anger you just dont like trash. Nothing is wrong with St. Anger. Also Iron Maiden and Metallica arent in the same league (NWOBHM and Trash). Load and ReLoad have great songs on them (Until It Sleeps, King Nothing, Fuel, The Memory Remains, Unforgiven II, Low Man's Lyric), Garage Inc is god, The Black Album is kinda commercial but nothing is wrong with it and S&M is AWESOME.

I have heard Metallica from every CD including Death Magnetic. They suck. The black album is a great album, and then their later ones (Justice For All) are great as well. Garage Inc was awful and ReLoad was as well. And Metallica is America's Iron Maiden whether you deny it or not. They were the popular metal of America, while every where else in the world, Iron Maiden was the metal of choice.

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

Metallica

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Guns N Roses

Coldplay

AC/DC

That is all.

I have heard Metallica from every CD including Death Magnetic. They suck. The black album is a great album, and then their later ones (Justice For All) are great as well. Garage Inc was awful and ReLoad was as well. And Metallica is America's Iron Maiden whether you deny it or not. They were the popular metal of America, while every where else in the world, Iron Maiden was the metal of choice.

Theres a hole in my desk now due to you. First you imply that you have listened to every CD then you say metallica sucks. Then you imply that ...And Justice For All was made after the black album and then you say Garage Inc was awful just like ReLoad. And then you compare them to a different band because Metallica was popular in America and Iron Maiden was popular in England.

Right how to fix this.

First of listen to these:

[hide=proving garage inc is pro]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm9A3J294Ic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byAwUZOtkAI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoolQUDWq-k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-u-HCHCuHMg&feature=fvst

And many more i wont list because you probably wont listen to the[/hide]

[hide=proving ReLoad is cool]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ovgu1X2sgNU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wdqo9aO0fyo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIN2jUL0eS8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJ4JvUDhzZo[/hide]

Note i only listed the songs which i think are 5/5

Now the other part.

Metallica/The Black Album

Studio album by Metallica

Released August 13, 1991

…And Justice for All

Studio album by Metallica

Released August 25, 1988 or September 6, 1988

And then to compare:

[hide=Iron Maiden's Signature Song]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mHe6FMs46o&feature=fvst[/hide]

[hide=Metallica's Signature Song]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_z-hEyVQDRA&feature=fvst[/hide]

I dont think you are in your right mind to compare two songs like those.

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]