Most overrated band/artist

Evil_Sabre

Metallica is a big one, I just don't see what makes them so good.

<post>

They have some great older stuff (Kill Em All, AJFA, Master Of Puppets), but the newer stuff (St.Anger, Death Magnetic) just sucks, yet many people seem to like the newer stuff. I'd say they're good, but some of their material just isn't that good.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lil wayne, Eminem, Lady Gaga, Drake, 3OH!3, Avenged Sevenfold, , Owl City, B.O.B and Katy Perry. Off the top of my head.

oMg WhAt Do YoU lIkE ???? rly cool indie things that only u no bout cuz ur cool? rly rly cool things like rly cool things? ya omfg yah!!!!!!!!!!!!

k.

-----------------

Lil Wayne and Eminem, and geniuses, lyrically, and (more on eminem's part) musically as well.

Lady Gaga has been the first in a while (while not the first in the entire genre) to fabulously mix fashion and music so perfectly.

Drake, I mean, I don't agree with you, as I can see why many like him, but he's not my cup of tea/

3oh!3. K. Don't be mad cuz you trusted a [garden tool], and got messed over. Ain't their fault.

Avenged: I've not really heard their stuff, so I won't pass judgement.

Owl City: Yea, I hate them too. But it's made for the masses, what do you expect

B.O.B.: meh, kinda agree

Katy: Always hated her, her voice just gets under my skin, like polio.

I don't like indie.

Lil wayne has the most annoying voice ever. Eminem is just becoming a boring mainstream rapper.

I don't care if Lady gaga is the first to mix fashion and music "perfectly" her style of fashion and music is awful.

3oh!3, Idk wtf your talking about

Most rappers rap because their voice isn't the best. And if you think Eminem is boring, or mainstream, then you don't have an ear for rap. What I mean by that is you don't understand quality when you hear it. Which is fine, I'm like that with death metal. It honestly does all sound the same for me, thats why I don't pass judgement on death metal bands, because I'm really just throwing darts in the dark.

So what makes it so awful? She has quite an amazing voice. Note, I don't really like her per se, I'll listen to it if it comes on, but still. You should listen to some of her music besides the singles. Paper Gangster is quite an excellent song, even if the topic is a bit stupid.

Don't act like you've not heard the song Don't Trust Me. No? Then you most likely haven't heard any of their music, as that is their most overplayed song. And the point I was trying to make is they're just making music to have fun. So don't take their lyrics, or musical ability seriously. They certainly don't.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSjlxbxAymM

love the song ^^

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

^^ opinion. They are quite great, I do declare. And no, my point is all the social outcasts who say "their music is just about gurls and weed and prostitutes!@ thers no soul to it man! METALLICA YAH!!!!"

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)

^^ opinion. They are quite great, I do declare. And no, my point is all the social outcasts who say "their music is just about gurls and weed and prostitutes!@ thers no soul to it man! METALLICA YAH!!!!"

Of course it's my opinion, I said it.

You know, I was going to write an angry rage fueled troll response but then I realised I don't have to force my view on anyone, because no one is forcing me to listen to that music. It just surprises me how anyone could make such [cabbage]ty music, and to back that up - write such stupid, insipid lyrics, and how people could like this. Secondly, what the [bleep] is the "Helen Keller" ?

It's only when I hear this type of music being pumped out at [oh, [bleep]ing everywhere], my brain leaks out through my ears. :thumbup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdB3Oyd5HtU

Seriously ?

Yea, its horrible. Its people with music tastes like Saru's that make this music popular though.

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

You know, I was going to write an angry rage fueled troll response but then I realised I don't have to force my view on anyone, because no one is forcing me to listen to that music. It just surprises me how anyone could make such [cabbage]ty music, and to back that up - write such stupid, insipid lyrics, and how people could like this. Secondly, what the [bleep] is the "Helen Keller" ?

It's only when I hear this type of music being pumped out at [oh, [bleep]ing everywhere], my brain leaks out through my ears. :thumbup:

Seriously ?

Helen Keller? The blind lady with sign language? Herp derp

Yea, its horrible. Its people with music tastes like Saru's that make this music popular though.

Umm duh ? Its people like people's tastes that makes it popular. And besides, I don't even really like them anymore, I used to. But if you want to be a judgmental know-it-all feel free to.

<_< People have horrific music tastes. But of course no one can be "right" or "wrong" in this matter, a lot of people say that my music taste is bad...

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

Seriously ?

I was asking how to do it ["the Hellen Keller"].

You do know they are mapping the brain's music thingie? I say thingie because the exact word just slipped my mind. For example, certain personality types, and certain brain activities *or something* learn to crave parts of music, like I read some type of "brain" craves the ups and downs of the musical scales in fast progression (certain guitar solos?) while is repulsed by a subliminal monotonous thump. (Certain pop music?) The whole idea is very experimental, I wish to god I could remember where I found the article.

edit: to Adrenal: you shake your hips :D I find that line quite clever, but tbh yes they're asinine lyrics do bug me, but the catchiness overwhelms that.

Seriously ?

I was asking how to do it ["the Hellen Keller"].

Shut up while you're gettin' luvvins. That's the gist of it. It's a pretty terrible lyric.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Guest Mrmegakirby

It looks like he's having sex with the ground in that video. (In the 303 video, before it's played, on the preview image).

How did 3oh!3 even get to be popular? <.<

It looks like he's having sex with the ground in that video. (In the 303 video, before it's played, on the preview image).

Because of people with terrible musical tastes.

OMG I JUST DID OPINION.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

Because of people with terrible musical tastes.

OMG I JUST DID OPINION.

and because frat guys need some music at their parties that is as annoying as they are

monoclesmilecopy.jpg

I love Ke$ha

Hey I got a question....

Do you wanna have a slumber party in my basement?

Do I make your heartbeat like an 808 drum?

Is my love your drug?

This thread proves this forum is [developmentally delayed]ed. (excluding no one)

Not related to above post, just putting this out there

anyone who writes their own music is automatically not overrated. even if it sucks, they still wrote it themselves :thumbup:

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

Metallica

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Guns N Roses

Coldplay

AC/DC

That is all.

Are you serious ? o.O

Yes.

Off topic: I'm enjoying the new notifications you get when someone quotes you.

GnR isnt overrated....

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

Not related to above post, just putting this out there

anyone who writes their own music is automatically not overrated. even if it sucks, they still wrote it themselves :thumbup:

What a dumb statement.

What's to say that a pop group that didn't write their own songs don't deserve the credit they get? Performance is a part of music as much as composing is. On a different note, a lot of jazz musicians didn't perform their own music. Does that make them overrated? I don't think so.

Also, Guns n' Roses has to be one of the worst bands to ever grace this Earth. Slash is an insipid guitarist.

This thread proves this forum is [developmentally delayed]ed. (excluding no one)

And you aren't helping by s**tposting in an already bad section of the board.

What does [cabbage] posting even mean...